You're gonna want to see this

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by TheBolivianSniper, Jul 21, 2021.

1. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

PICS FIRST

20210721_231012.jpg 20210721_231020.jpg 20210721_231012.jpg 20210721_231020.jpg 20210721_231040.jpg 20210721_231005.jpg 20210721_231012.jpg 20210721_231020.jpg 20210721_231040.jpg 20210721_231005.jpg

SO

I've been always in love with 3 things from Schecter, the ultra thin C neck profile, the floyd sustainiac combo, and the Avenger shape. I'm also a massive advocate of the EMG 57 being the best active pickup on the market, and sparkle finishes being too rare for how good they are. Final bit of introduction, I like all of my guitars to be really versatile and my favorite color is purple. Enter this thing.

I think it was only made in 2015(?) but it's a Hellraiser Hybrid Avenger, so rare I've never seen one outside of ancient new stock reverb listings and a guy in a Schecter FB group I'm a member of. I managed to flip my old Burny LP, which I truly did like, but my Mockingbird does everything it did while being a lot more playable/lighter, and posted in the group that I'd like to pick up an Avenger with my newfound cash and I can take a hit. The guy replied to my post offering to sell it and I was expecting some serious gouging but I had been looking for one of these ever since I saw one a few months after I started playing almost 3 years ago and I was willing to pay.

He was very very accommodating with the price and sold it to me for his cost, especially since there's a chip in the finish along the treble side of the neck. He also said the neck pickup and sustainiac were giving him trouble. He seriously wanted to buy a different guitar though and had already gotten a second purple Avenger, the Sweetwater exclusive one. So I took it. I had fixed sustainiacs and did a whole install before.

So the delivery day comes around and it took forever to get here, but I got it in and cracked open the electronics cavity. Sure enough, the neck pickup gain on the sustainiac board was turned down the whole way, so I cranked it up to match the 57 in the bridge and fiddled with the harmonic mode pot on the circuit board as well. I think the trimpot is broken since harmonic mode only works with the gain maxed out and it screams like a motherfucker when you don't have a note going, but I can work around it since everything about the guitar is perfect and I never have the sustainiac on unless I'm actively holding notes.

For specs, it's everything I want. Mahogany body, maple neck, floyd 1500, EMG 57 and sustainiac, 12-16 compound radius and the glorious ultra thin C with a narrow nut. It's not the lightest thing I've ever played but it's very very far from heavy and is comfortable sitting down or standing up. Extremely resonant as well and the neck feels perfectly molded to my hands. It sounds monstrous, with a huge low mid push that sounds incredibly heavy while having a restrained yet still cutting top end and tight bass. Cleans are excellent and quite PAFish somehow, crunch is thick and a little smooth, and it's just as good with thick, huge, snarly metal tones I like to dial in. There's not a spec I'd change on it minus stainless steel frets and locking tuners. It's for sure one I will never regret buying and it's got so much it can do while feeling perfectly made for me and looking stunning as well. The perfect complement to my Mockingbird; once I set it up in drop C my collection will be complete.

2. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

looks pretty dope, purple is always the right color! congrats!

BMFan30 and TheBolivianSniper like this.
  3. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Avenger shape is best shape.
    Change my mind.

Even better with the 3x3 headstock.

4. TheBolivianSniper

It's the only Mockingbird variation I like and it looks kickass, idk why they don't make more production ones since the apocalypse A6 is sold out everywhere and so is the new blackjack. I can't find any A6 FRS listings thst last more than a week unless the price is stupid.

I'm pretty partial to the 4×2 on the 2015 Blackjack A6 but the 3x3 on this is just pure heaven. 3x3 >>>>>> in lines and that's a fact.

BMFan30 likes this.
  5. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

You did not lie. That is beautiful. Congrats!!!

6. Bdtunn

Bdtunn SS.org Regular

I did want too see that!
    The 1500 bridge is really nice!

7. Bodes

Bodes SS.org Regular

Bloody click bait titles.... ok I'll click.

Pictures.... yep! He's right. I did want to see it. Nice score!

TheBolivianSniper likes this.
  8. bzhang9

bzhang9 SS.org Regular

that lighting... that radiator... that shoe hygiene
    all could be improved

9. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

Kick ass guitar, congrats! Great color and shape too. I barely ever see this body shape actually.

TheBolivianSniper likes this.
  10. TheBolivianSniper

dude

I'm a music student and I pretty much got forced into that shithole apartment after the school csncelled my university housing, and I know it's a mess, I'm also moving out Saturday. I got one lamp in the house and I'm painfully aware that it sucks.

InfinityCollision and BMFan30 like this.
  11. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Your A6/ A7 quest has been a valiant one, brother! Really dig avengers in gloss rather than matte... I think cause the light/ reflection accentuates the sexy curves a bit more. Also the head-stock compliments the body much better than the 2/5 on the seven-string version. Board looks fairly dark also... makes the whole instrument pop. That particular purple is sick as hell too. Congrats!

12. TheBolivianSniper

It's been a quite long work in progress to find the perfect one, this is the culmination of every spec I've liked in guitars yet and I cannot stop playing it. Appreciate the words, especially since I bugged the hell out of you for yours and then SOLD IT like an idiot. Although once I'm moved out and have my new apartment set up and furnished I might contact that buyer and see if he'd let me get it back...........

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  13. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

That attitude... That non related to the guitar comment...

All could be improved

14. InfinityCollision

InfinityCollision SS.org Regular

15. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

Reminds me of:

[​IMG]

ElRay, BMFan30, Nlelith and 1 other person like this.
  16. bigsimpin

bigsimpin SS.org Regular

Awesome guitar. Congrats!

Love the Avenger shape. Has anyone found a good protective gig bag that fits these?

17. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

The "Remastered" version has be re-released in the iOS & macOS App Stores. I haven't checked the tvOS store yet.

18. laxu

laxu SS.org Regular

I've been playing it on my iPad during trips. Still a fun game!

To me the original graphics have more charm to them though. Thankfully you can switch between them.