Your top 5 zombie movies of all time...

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by M3CHK1LLA, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Michael T

Michael T Sea Turtles mate Contributor

Ok I cannot even start to make my list soooo

Here's what my Girlfriend rattled off in like .05 seconds , :lol:

1. Resident Evil (the first one), classic type zombies with a modern twist
    2. ZombieLand , its funny shit Nuff said
    3. Dawn of the Dead (remake) just because
    4. Shawn of the Dead, its a British Zombie movie need I say more.
    5. Survival of the Dead, don't know why but its just Damn good.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  2. DavyH

DavyH Elderly juvenile

Yep, it's pretty much crap. A film about Irish family feuds where Romero knows dick about Micks. The dialogue is awful and the story could be told in about two minutes including a tea break. OK that's unfair. There are some great little vignettes in the film and some surprising pathos.

My top 5:

1. Shaun of the Dead.
    2. Dawn of the Dead (original)
    3. Night of the Living Dead
    4. Return of the Living Dead
    5. Walking Dead

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  3. The Grief Hole

The Grief Hole SS.org Regular

How I managed to forget Tombs Of The Blind Dead I do not know. Amazing movie.

4. ShadyDavey

ShadyDavey 7ibrarian

Slightly off-topic but Zombie fans will, I'm sure, laugh as much as I did :)

!

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  5. guitarister7321

guitarister7321 Ibanez

1. The Walking Dead, I don't give a fuck that it's a TV show, it is THE shit and it's my #1.

2. 28 Days Later

3. Zombieland

4. Shaun Of The Dead

5. Dawn of the Dead (2004)

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  6. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Never saw it, but saw the cover the other day. Redneck Zombies. I'm sure it's cheesy as hell and probably horrible, but c'mon... Redneck Zombies? You know you want to see it!

I finally saw .rec the other day, after wanting to see it for quite a while. I wouldn't put it as a top 5, but it was better than expected.

7. vampiregenocide

vampiregenocide SS.org Regular

Dawn of the Dead (Original and remake)

28 Days Later

Resident Evil

Quarantine (American remake of Rec)

Evil Dead: Army of Darkness

Shaun of the Dead for honourable mentions.

Yeah same. Night, Dawn and Day are his best works. Everything after is relatively old-fashioned as zombie films go.

8. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I just recently recorded Night of the Living Dead since it was on TV, and I'm gonna try and make it through. For some reason I never can, and it's not even the black and white aspect of it since I love older films like Casablance and Citizen Kane, it's just kind of ...boring and slow

9. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

I'm shocked at how many people I'm seeing list the Dawn of the Dead remake. Is it an age thing? I all but hated it.

10. decypher

decypher SS.org Regular

Dead Alive - by far.

Night of the Living Dead (@MFB: It's hard to explain, but it's probably the "slow" that does it for me)
    Re-Animator
    Dawn of the Dead Remake
    Zombi Holocaust - really bad Italian cheese, cannibals, zombies, bad actors, but some decent gore.

11. vampiregenocide

Imo it looked great and was one of the first recent zombie films to have them fast runners not lumbering idiots. Acting wasn't bad and the zombies looked grim as fuck. It's certainly better than all of the '....of the Dead' films that followed.

12. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

SIMOOM Cutting Seams featuring Bruce Cambell's daughter Rebecca! Haha! I know its not a movie but it is a short film/music video and has been airing nationally at film festivals and winning awards nationally as well as landing a spot on Comcast's On Demand. :yesway:

Edit: Why do videos sometimes embed and sometimes not embed here?

SimoomMusic's Channel - YouTube

13. Grand Moff Tim

Pffft. Zombies are lumbering idiots. If someone has to make them run fast to make his film scary, he sucks at making zombie films. I gave it a pass for 28 Days Later since that technically isn't a zombie film, but goddammit, Romero zombies are lumbering idiots (except Bub...), and making them run was... was... sacrilege!

I also disagree that it was "certainly" better than the later ...of the Dead films. While those didn't live up to their forebears, I'd still rather watch them than that godforsaken remake.

Perhaps I just like the original too much? That's why I wondered if it's an age thing. The original is "my" Dawn of the Dead. It's the first one I saw, and the one I was blown away by. Did most of the people who prefer the remake see it before the original?

14. vampiregenocide

I dunno I think they add a different feel to it. I generally prefer running zombies now.

Wow. :lol: Have you seen the Day of the Dead remake? That was horrendous. :lol: I dunno man, I mean I saw the original around the same time and I love both equally. I guess you either prefer the old school style or the style set out with new one. I like anything. :lol:

15. Grand Moff Tim

Hell no I haven't seen the Day of the Dead remake. When I say "the later ...of the Dead movies," I mean the Romero ones, not remakes. I refuse to even consider watching the Day remake, because Day is my favorite of the original bunch, and if watching the Dawn remake made me angry, I don't even want to know how the Day remake would make me feel :lol:.

Yes, I would rather watch Land or Diary again than watch the Dawn remake again. Land was disappointing, sure, but not on the level of the Dawn remake for me. That isn't to say that I'd hate all remakes, though, because the '90s remake of Night was actually pretty damned good. It helps that it was was directed by Tom motherfuckin' Savini, of course. Aside from a drastic plot change at the very end, he did it justice. That change did have me grumbling a fair bit, though :lol:.

16. vampiregenocide

The new Day... is really bad. I don't think I even finished watching it. The Romero ones are okay, but Diary is the only recent film of his that I've liked. Not seen the Tom Savini one!

17. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Watching Survival of the Dead now. Half hour into it and I'm ready to turn it off. Pretty bland zombie movie, so far.

18. Mordacain

Mordacain 1-watt brigadier

:agreed:

Though I did love Zombieland.

And if we can count series, then I definitely have to add High School of the Dead. Awesome series

Grand Moff Tim likes this.
  19. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

anyone who didnt like the 2004 dawn of the dead remake needs a tack hammer to the head:lol:

20. decypher

decypher SS.org Regular

Inspired by the thread I just finished watching "The Dead". It's a pretty quiet movie with few gore (but definitely some decent stuff there), but it's whole atmosphere is really neat and it does incorporate some of the modern influences like the lack of ammo/water supply as seen in Resident Evil (the games, not the Milla Jovovich jokes) & others. It's far from being perfect but I really did enjoy it as a recent, more "serious" take on the zombie genre.