Your Right To Know (GMO Song)

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Some local friends of mine made this. I dont think they did a terrible job at all. Its not heavy and I dont listen to hip hop one single bit. But I know them so I thought Id share.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Song was good, message and info was good, fruit being in the way was irritating.

redtube . com/samevideowithfruitmoved :lol:

Just kidding, but yes, this was really well done in my opinion.

wakjob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Great video!

This is VERY important stuff! Pay attention folks.

Prop 37. Every state needs one.

And SCREW Monsanto!!!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Great video!

This is VERY important stuff! Pay attention folks.

Prop 37. Every state needs one.

And SCREW Monsanto!!!

Exactly. Man I know a lot of people who are gonna be pissed if Prop 37 doesn't pass. I cant imagine it not passing though.

Semichastny

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It amazes me how naive and pretentious the people who think GMO's are harmless are. I'm glad to see some people are trying to raise awareness.

"I read one abstract that was half summarized on a site that supports GMOs and now I am an expert on how they are safe"

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
GMOs in and of themselves are not harmful, and will probably be necessary in the future to feed a constantly expanding population. I do agree that the way they're going about producing and selling them is fucked though, and I think Prop 37 is a good idea, but more will be needed. A ban on patenting genomes, for one thing

Semichastny

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
GMOs in and of themselves are not harmful, and will probably be necessary in the future to feed a constantly expanding population. I do agree that the way they're going about producing and selling them is fucked though, and I think Prop 37 is a good idea, but more will be needed. A ban on patenting genomes, for one thing
on the Flavr Savr (the first gmo tomato):
"Unlike food additives, for which pre-market approval is required in the US, they argued that GM foods are the same or substantially equivalent to non-GM foods. However, there was actually no scientific evidence that the tomatoes were safe for human consumption. In fact, the FDA had ignored many of its own scientists who were concerned that research had shown that GM tomatoes had a potential to cause stomach lesions.

Calgene had carried out three 28-day studies. Groups of rats were fed either a GM tomato, a non-GM tomato, or deionized water. Some of the studies revealed statistically significant differences between the effects of the GM and non-GM tomatoes. While one study showed no problems, in the second gross lesions were observed in four out twenty female rats fed one of the two lines of transgenic tomato. In the third study gross and microscopic lesions were found in the rats. These findings, however, was played down and not publicly communicated by the FDA.

While some scientists blamed the study methodology and argued against using animal feeding trials to assess GMOs, many FDA scientists questioned the safety of the tomatoes and the way the FDA management was handling the approval of GMOs. In a memo dated 16 June 1993 to Linda Kahl, Consumer Safety Officer at the FDA, Fred Hines, Staff Pathologist at the FDA wrote: “There is considerable disparity in the reported findings of gastric erosions or necrosis lesions from the three studies provided by Calgene Inc. This disparity has not been adequately addressed or explained by the sponsor or the laboratory where the study was conducted … The criteria for qualifying a lesion as incidental were not provided in the Sponsor’s report.”

Failure of the First GM foods

Animals Avoid GM Food, for Good Reasons Animals Avoid GM Food, for Good Reasons - Occupy Monsanto

"In the first-ever long-term study, half the rats fed GMO corn died prematurely. The normal life span of a rat is about 2 years. The previous tests on GM foods were 90 days. Long-term studies on GM crops have been discouraged or sabotaged by the industries behind GM foods who are also, in most cases, the manufacturers of herbicides and pesticides used on GM crops.
In the 2 year study, scientists at the University of Caen in France found genetically modified maize NK603 (GM corn) caused extreme tumor growth plus severe liver and kidney damage. The testing was held under high security to eliminate any possible corporate interference or sabotage."

Destructive effects of GMO foods - The Deming Headlight

"The FDA's records reveal it declared genetically engineered foods to be
safe in the face of disagreement from its own experts
--all the while
claiming a broad scientific consensus supported its stance. Internal
reports and memoranda disclose: (1) agency scientists repeatedly
cautioned that foods produced through recombinant DNA technology entail

different risks than do their conventionally produced counterparts and
(2) that this input was consistently disregarded by the bureaucrats who
crafted the agency's current policy, which treats bioengineered foods the
same as natural ones.

Besides contradicting the FDA's claim that its policy is science-based,
this evidence shows the agency violated the U.S. Food, Drug and Cosmetic
Act in allowing genetically engineered foods to be marketed without
testing on the premise that they are generally recognized as safe by
qualified experts."

FDA Documents Show They Ignored GMO Safety Warnings From Their Own Scientists

Arpad Pusztai, who is considered to be one of the world's most respected and well-learned biochemists, had for three years led a team of researchers from Scotland's prestigious Rowett Research Institute (RRI) in studying the health effects of a novel GM potato with built-in Bt toxin. Much to the surprise of many, the team discovered that, contrary to industry rhetoric, Bt potato was responsible for causing severe health damage in test rats, a fact that was quickly relayed to the media out of concern for public health.

But rather than be praised for their honest assessment into this genetically-tampered potato, Pusztai and his colleagues were chastised by industry-backed government authorities, including British Prime Minister Tony Blair, whose office was discovered to have secretly contacted RRI just hours after Pusztai and his team announced the results of their study on television. For speaking the truth, Pusztai was immediately fired from his position, and his team dismissed from their positions at the school.

Scientist that discovered GMO health hazards immediately fired, team dismantled

"Transgenic cotton has been found growing in the wild in Mexico by researchers studying the gene flow of wild cotton populations, cites a new report published in the October edition of the journal Molecular Ecology.

The study, titled “Recent long-distance transgene flow into wild populations conforms to historical patterns of gene flow in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) at its centre of origin,” revealed that cotton, genetically modified to resist pesticides, insects and antibiotics, showed up in nearly 25 percent of the 270 wild cotton seeds acquired for the study, with at least one of the collected seeds growing nearly 500 miles from the closest genetically modified cotton plantation.

Ana Wegier, lead author of the study and a researcher at the National Autonomous University of Mexico’s Ecology Institute said, “It is urgent to stop the flow of genes between cultivated and wild plants.” A major issue of concern for scientists and anti-GMO advocacy groups is that the now third finding of GM plant populations growing in the wild could lead to reduced diversity of wild plant species, which could be devastating for ecosystems, human health and food safety, as well as create legal tensions over crop drift and pollination by the patented seeds."

http://www.organicauthority.com/blo...-modifiedcotton-found-growing-wild-in-mexico/

"Contrary to the promises made by the biotech industry, the reality of the last 10 years shows that the safety of GM crops cannot be ensured and that these crops are neither cheaper nor better quality. Biotech crops are not a solution to solve hunger in Africa or elsewhere," said in Nnimmo Bassey of Friends of the Earth Nigeria."

http://www.aljazeera.com/archive/2006/01/2008410122839136449.html

"U.S. farmers are using more hazardous pesticides to fight weeds and insects due largely to heavy adoption of genetically modified crop technologies that are sparking a rise of “superweeds” and hard-to-kill insects, according to a newly released study."

Pesticide use ramping up as GMO crop technology backfires: study - Occupy Monsanto

Institute for Responsible Technology - 65 Health Risks of GM Foods

beutifuldeath

Reaction score

Good point.