Your opinion on these pickup rings in my S7 (2 pics)

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
^
yeah you cant get rid of it, if you had a s7 custom made with one pickup, then you wont see one. other than that we s7 players have to suffer a little. unless its painted white as well, then it wont stick out so much like the rings... :lol:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the EMG housings are humongoid as they are, let alone with rings to make them looks even bigger. But since the route job wasnt the best, it might be a good move. I'd usually vote no, but in this case it's a yes. ;D

+1

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep them

Why does everyone on this board seem to hate pickup rings?

:scratch: dont know, some guitars look good with pup rings some dont, and some look good with/without. but i dont think at all it it makes the guitar look cheaper. :noplease:

SHREDTOKILL

LOW AND SLOW
Reaction score
as much as i dont like them on other guitars, i think it looks really alot cleaner with the rings!
keep em on there!

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
Some pics before i start sanding with 1000 and 2000 and buffing for shine tomorrow

glossS740060-1.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture166.jpg

glossS740056.jpg

daybean

Contributor
Reaction score
Still rings

and you can fit a third pot in the S cavity?

well there might be some snug places but i will be able to fit the battery in there, if i have to route a place for the battery then "lets do it". even for a
2nd battery... i need this guitar done, it been so long since i played her. :mad:

digitalpig

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i personally dont like the rings, they make the pickups look dis-proportionately wide imo.

+1 from me.

Those 7string EMG's are quite wide already, more than "usual" pickups. With the pickups rings, it looks a bit exaggerated in my opinion. :scratch:

Btw, I cannot see any problems with the routing that has to be covered.

Greetings! :wavey: