You guys watching Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Hollowway, Mar 29, 2010.

1. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

Last episode had some good scenes of the Palace of Purple.

2. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Aug 25th episode was incredible but found Sep 1st episode lame. Sunday's episode consisted of low-level poorly written twists, but it was never going to be as good as last weeks which was wall to wall brilliance! How many episodes left? Shit's gonna get nuts :popcorn:

3. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

especially considering it wouldn't be the first time Jesse has gotten confused after a drug binge (jehovah's witnesses = bikers w/ hand grenades). If anything, the scene says more about the downward spiral that Jesse is in, making an endless chain of poor decisions (that will likely be his undoing)

4. inaudio

inaudio Hack Fraud

I personally felt like the "meeting" at the plaza was the final nudge Jesse needed to step in and take control. At least that's the vibe I got from the call he made to Walt and telling good ol' Hank Schraderbräu that there's a better way to do his job. He's also been around Walt long enough to see how he operates, I think that gives him a pretty significant edge. The one thing that keeps plaguing my mind is how all of this will lead up to the flashforwards seen in the earlier episodes.

[​IMG]

5. RevDrucifer

RevDrucifer SS.org Regular

As much as I love this show, I'm bummed that Jesse and Walt are at odds. I totally understand it, but I really enjoyed their relationship in the past.

Easily the best damn show out there next to Lost, (IMO). Glad this last season is doing the complete opposite of Dexter and NOT SUCKING.

6. fps

fps Kit

Yar, there was something so almost sweet about it, though I guess it was always too good to last! The cast is quite small now too, there's an aftermath feel to it, very tense.

7. shadowvault

shadowvault SS.org Regular

The only series ive ever watched.Totally worth it :D

8. Sofos

Sofos СофоƆ

Some people just suck at shooting.

9. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

Well this is going to be the longest week ever.

10. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Called it the second Walt called and gave them coordinates. I was watching with my dad, and he was like why the .... are you shaking the sofa so much?

Agreed.

Longest. Week. Ever.

11. MFB

MFB Banned

Called it RIGHT before it happened

My room-mate called it as
    Hank dying
    and I figured out the why, but more because of Marie then anything else.

She's been dressed in all black for like two episodes now, so it seemed like something was bound to happen.
    The ending was horseshit however, because it can only go so many ways and we know what has to happen

12. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Just...jesus christ. And :(:(:(
    I'm guessing if hank dies that he uses his last few seconds alive to forward walt's phone confession to marie so she ends up blowing the lid on the whole thing. I'm really not happy about Gomie and (almost definitely) Hank biting it, though. I was sure either him or Marie was probably going to die in the next 45 seconds as soon as they did that "I love you" deal over the phone cause that is what cable tv has taught me over the last few years! And they had her filmed with that weird setup where you could see all the way down the hall from her so I was expecting some assassin to run in and blast her or something. It was a very subtle misdirect!

EDIT: Speaking of misdirects, I just realized that from the fadeout you think Jesse's going to get away and Hank's going to die, so it will probably be vice versa :(

13. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

Well, that has been the most tense bit of television programming I've ever experienced. Whew!

14. Kiwimetal101

Kiwimetal101 'Tread Lightly'

This show is insane, I am way to involved in this program I was shaking during that final scene..

LONGEST WEEK LONG WAIT EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

EDIT: "we have come this far, for us. What's one more?" AGBURIBHISFV

15. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Fvck me!!!! I was like....please just ten more minutes....TEN MORE MINUTES!!!!!:scream:

That hillbilly had a USAS 12!!!! FVCK YES!!!!!:hbang:

16. DVRP

DVRP The HUMANCENTiPAD

I started breathing heavy over those last 10 minutes. That was possibly the most tension I've seen portrayed through a tv show.

17. SkapocalypseNow

SkapocalypseNow Coffee Cups?

A place with stuff and things and people. Just kid
    My reaction to the end of this week's episode.
    [​IMG]

No but seriously, between the coordinates already being given and that phone conversation, especially "It may be a while before I get home," it was a dead giveaway that shit was about to get real pretty much immediately. Although a good point was made a few posts up about misdirection, so now I don't know what to think.

Also, as was mentioned above, I definitely noticed Marie wearing black for two episodes. Since that color chart was posted up, I couldn't help but notice it. And I thought it was clever in last week's episode, that when Hank was trying to get her out of the house for a while, her suitcases just happened to be purple. Might've been a coincidence but I do think it was a sort of symbol of normalcy for her, and by turning down the chance to leave, she lost the last opportunity she would have to exist somewhat normally (by her standards), however temporary it might've been.

In any case, this is going to be a long week.

18. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Yeah, I know that seems like an obvious ending, but
    I'm actually thinking they wouldn't make such a rookie writing mistake in this show. The bit about "I love you" leading to Hank dying would just be such an obvious development, I also think it's a misdirect and that Hank will probably live. That being said, I don't really over-think this show, because it just seems to work for me, and if I just hang back it inevitably provides great twists and developments, and no real deus ex machinas to piss me off.

19. Fat-Elf

Fat-Elf Banned

I just have no ....ing idea what Walt was thinking for letting himself getting arrested.

20. Pooluke41

Pooluke41 H. Maddas

I think jesse's gonna go out from behind and get the pistol walt dropped.