Xerath announce new album - III - Sept 2014

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Cosmic Junglist, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I didn't want to make a new thread but in case anyone isn't on FB, Xerath have posted that they have broken up :scream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNh0sghgl1o

2. oc616

oc616 Control Deck Wins

It's a shame, but something's gotta give with that band. How many guitarists did they go through with the whole "creative differences" thing?

3. MPL09

MPL09 SS.org Regular

Sad to hear that they are gone but that's how it goes. III was killer and I was hoping for more.

4. Asrial

Asrial Whisper into nose

Nooooo! Such a good band! :( II was essentially on repeat for a year straight when I heard them for the first time!

5. Cnev

Cnev SS.org Regular

III was seriously something special. Spectacular album, with some insanely catchy and memorable guitar writing. Sad news.

6. oompa

oompa Ze.. Contributor

heartbroken :(

7. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

Two, according to wikipedia. Maybe there were others as the band were establishing themselves, however. I have no idea.

I'd never heard of these guys, but after hearing a few tracks and looking over their list of influences, they sound right up my alley. UK-based, too, but that won't matter now that they will no longer be touring (or existing, for that matter--not to twist the knife!)

I'd never heard of Conor McGouran either, but that guy can really play. Some really tasteful note choices and phrasing in the solos I found. This is really quite a shame.