Xbox One

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by RustInPeace, May 21, 2013.

1. Repner

Repner SS.org Regular

I could imagine if there was an XBone LAN party. Really amusing if a poorly thought out conversation caused every console in the room to turn off at the worst moment.

2. ScottyB724

ScottyB724 SS.org Regular

edit: super ninja'd but I'll leave the quote for other lazy people like myself.

boom.
    Your Feedback Matters

:yesway:

3. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

I hope no one has annoying siblings if they buy this. :lol: When I was little I'd torture the shit out of my family members. I could see a little sister or brother or even an older one just walking into the room and saying 'XBOX Off'.

[EDIT]

Also, it kind of sucks that some of the more cool features will no longer work because of them back peddling. The good outweighs the bad though. Still not buying it. :lol:

4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace SS.org Regular

Still buying ps4.

5. Mordacain

Mordacain Formerly 1-watt brigadier

:agreed: I still think it's better they came to their senses sooner rather than later. There's still plenty of time to repair their image. At least I don't have to feel bad for picking one up when Halo 5 releases.

If they really wanted to make in-roads in making amends, they could drop the price of Microsoft games to $49.99 :lol:

6. asher

asher So Did We

....ing god dammit. Seriously, banding together with some friends so you can share your games library is WAY BETTER THAN DISC SALES.

and this axes disc free play, which also axes some REALLY COOL STUFF.

7. Repner

Repner SS.org Regular

You will like what we tell you to like. You will like what we tell you to like. You will like what we tell you to f***ing like. Still not buying it?

:idea:

Oh, of course we were listening to you the entire time! You know your feedback matters to us. *awkward embarrassed laugh*. :erk:

8. asher

asher So Did We

Honestly I'm actually surprised they backpedaled, given that there was actually some legitimate decision making going on in the design - though it was, unfortunately, presented and marketed incredibly poorly.

9. Scar Symmetry

Scar Symmetry Ex Whiny Bitch

Microsoft are the Internet's bitch. Eventually the Internet will win every argument. This is a good day for modern history.

10. Mordacain

Yea, I miss that aspect as well, it did sound pretty cool.

What would be really keen is if you could have a choice:idea:

11. asher

asher So Did We

Yeah, but then you have really sloppy stuff like... you're playing a game that you went in on with a friend. Then he decides he's taking his console offline, turns off the heartbeat, and you get ejected and lose access to the game because it's on his account.

12. Mordacain

Hmmm, fair point, hadn't really thought about that. Honestly, did they clarify how things would work to that granularity or are we just extrapolating based on they described it would work?

13. Repner

Repner SS.org Regular

And with the new U turn, they reveal the new name for the console...Xbox 180.

14. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Agreed, some stuff got the axe that was cool, but the trade off wasn't worth it. It was too constricted. For it to work it would have needed more flexibility. If they had went in to the game with this mentality they would have gotten away with it, but because they went all in completely backpedaling is the only PR move that would allow many gamers to forgive them so to speak.

:agreed:

This.

Maybe, but better than losing your internet for a day or week or month and not being able to play at all. Or limited resale/use in general., etc.

Because the infrastructure/money just isn't there for everyone involved sticking with what works or taking a more flexible route are the only 2 options. Going all in neglects many of its consumer base which is why many people were upset. Options.

15. asher

asher So Did We

Well, you need the heartbeat to verify stuff about the game sharing, and they straight said that downloaded games can't be shared, and disc shares work like now, so that new stuff is out. And if disc is required for games, you can't be playing another one while you wait for Halo 5 to find a match and then instantly swap games...

16. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

You may be able to if they are downloaded or at least one is downloaded (not from disk, but to begin with)

17. asher

asher So Did We

Except their system was actually more flexible than Steam is, especially given how ....ing buggy it is to find no internet connection, try to go offline, and then have Steam tell you it can't connect to servers.

18. Mordacain

I suppose you could still instantly switch between games if you downloaded them from live though...

19. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Steam can be offline indefinitely pretty much if you wanted. I've had no issues with that whatsoever. :scratch:

20. asher

asher So Did We

I've had my laptop in offline mode for a few weeks. I actually got kicked OUT of it the other day because it suddenly said there was no account information on the computer.

My point was that, to get offline mode to work correctly, you have to be online, and then reboot in offline mode. If you're in online, then boot it and find no internet, it errors out trying to go offline and you can't do anything.