World Cup 2022

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Despite you’re thoughts on Qatar…..

This is has been a great tournament so far. Great matches and plenty of upsets so far (Argentina vs Saudi Arabia, Germany vs Japan). I’m thouroughly enjoying the matches.

Of course I’m rooting for USA but I’m always rooting for France as a Frenchman
USA! USA! USA!
Allez Les Bleus!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been following all the games since day one, and holy shit this world cup is intense.

In my house we support Brazil, Spain, and Argentina mainly, but I have a soft spot for Canada this year, and DID YOU SEE DAVIES'S GOAL FOR CANADA AGAINST CROATIA JUST NOW?! This is too good.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been following all the games since day one, and holy shit this world cup is intense.

In my house we support Brazil, Spain, and Argentina mainly, but I have a soft spot for Canada this year, and DID YOU SEE DAVIES'S GOAL FOR CANADA AGAINST CROATIA JUST NOW?! This is too good.
Tough luck for Canada. They played well but Croatia played better. Hopefully they'll learn from this and change things up a bit. They got good players, but the lack of experience was apparent whenever they got the ball on Croatia's side of the court.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, the US beat Iran after all, but the Netherlands has played well, so the US will likely be eliminated on Saturday.

But congratulations to both teams, as well as England and Senegal, for making it to the round of 16.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Well, the US beat Iran after all, but the Netherlands has played well, so the US will likely be eliminated on Saturday.

But congratulations to both teams, as well as England and Senegal, for making it to the round of 16.
Man when there’s elimination on the line, every shot feels intense. I don’t feel confident in the USMNT beating Netherlands but what this tournament has proven is that no match is over until the final whistle. So many close and competitive matches.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
During the US vs Iran match, I feel like the USMNT strikers hold onto the ball too long, too many touches or move the ball too far off their feet. Not sure if they do that all the time but in that particular match it seemed they didn’t have the best ball control (despite possession)

France vs Tunisia on now. Allez Les Bleus!

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
During the US vs Iran match, I feel like the USMNT strikers hold onto the ball too long, too many touches or move the ball too far off their feet. Not sure if they do that all the time but in that particular match it seemed they didn’t have the best ball control (despite possession)

France vs Tunisia on now. Allez Les Bleus!
Ils ne sont pas allez!

That was a HELL of a game. The last 30 minutes of it I was gonna have a heart attack. Holy crap. Good for Tunisia!

This is shaping up to be a world cup for underdogs, and I'm all for it despite my favorite teams being Brazil and Spain.

Now onto Argentina vs Poland. This will be VERY interesting.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, the US weren’t aggressive enough in the first two games, so it was good to see their speed and agression back in action against the Iran, But now they to bring that aggression while focusing on ball control.

Ils ne sont pas allez!

That was a HELL of a game. The last 30 minutes of it I was gonna have a heart attack. Holy crap. Good for Tunisia!

This is shaping up to be a world cup for underdogs, and I'm all for it despite my favorite teams being Brazil and Spain.

Agreed!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Ils ne sont pas allez!

I wonder how Tunisia fans feel. That was a struggle of a win, just to get eliminated anyway. I had no dog in the fight, but I still feel mixed emotions over that one.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how Tunisia fans feel. That was a struggle of a win, just to get eliminated anyway. I had no dog in the fight, but I still feel mixed emotions over that one.
Honestly, I think for them it was an honor win. I've been thinking about this as well leading up to the last matches of the group stage. What motivation could these teams have to perform well knowing that they are going out anyways, or, worse, have already qualified? This game kinda showed me why they give it everything. You gotta go out with a bang. That's what people remember.

Having been on the losing side more often than not in these world cups, what I remember isn't always the winner, but the most thrilling matches, and that match had everyone on their toes screaming. I think Tunisian fans should feel proud as hell.

Some of the best matches in this tournament so far have been with the teams that got disqualified already. Not forgetting Ecuador's performance any time soon, that's for sure.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
That Polish goalkeeper had a hell of game. When there’s that many shots on goal, one or two are bound to get through.

Heartbreaking for Mexico to get the win but just wasn’t enough. Saudi never gave up and almost got the equalizer late.

Here’s to the next round!

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
6-C1025-EB-7848-4-D94-8-A3-F-B336-F08-DE2-CC.jpg

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
USA! USA! USA!

This is going to be a tough match but maybe just maybe… Pulisic is cleared to play and starting. I hope they play aggressive but keep control.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Ouch! Not a good first half and likely going to lose. USA just had bad passes and poor ball control. Defense was completely Swiss cheese on those two goals.