Woodburned Ibanez RG7620s

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by GuitarGod1036, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darren

darren Decibel Guitars Forum MVP

Wow... gorgeous work. That tattoo artwork (second image on the first page) is stunning!

2. GuitarGod1036

GuitarGod1036 Active Member

Thanks guys......I really do appreciate it.

And yes, this guitar I just did will be up for sale (will have it put back together and ready to run by the end of the week). For now, I'm going to have it hanging at C&M Music in New Orleans (Kenner, actually). They're going to put it up with the spotlighted, expensive, hell-no-you-can't-play-these! guitars. (It's good to be friends with the owners).

We're probably going to price it at around $2000. I don't know if it'll sell at that. I'm wanting $1500 for it (that would be $500 for them, for the consignment, and doing all the selling and promotion). But, if anyone's interested, let me know. For the moment, I have only done two Ouija guitars. The ones pictured in this thread. I will probably never do more than probably a couple of dozen in my lifetime (if even that many). I know I'm only doing one more this year. Also, whoever buys it is going to have his/her (yeah, I wish I could find a "her" who's buying 7's!!!) name embossed onto the headstock, which I just think is ultra-cool. I think you can see it on Steve's Greenman guitar headstock. It's just friggin' sharp. Also I'm embossing the Ibanez "Ouija-style" logo and stripe on the headstock too, unless someone specifically just wanted the blank headstock look...

The co-owner of C&M, Melvin, bought two PRS guitars with a dragon face inlay done in dozens of different mother of pearl inlays, which takes up half the body, the top 6-frets and I think wraps around the back. $40,000 each. Dayum. So, I figure if anyone can sell someone on a different kind of guitar, it's him.

BUT, if you have a guitar that you would like to have it done on, it would be much cheaper, of course. When I did Steve's, he'd just strip the electronics and such off the guitar and sent me the body. I'd strip it down and prep it (which takes for-freakin'-ever), burn it and ship it back. He did the finishes on them. This is the first guitar I've lacquered. I've painted and clearcoated guitars, but lacquer's a bit quirkier, but it's lookin' pretty good so far. (Just a half-dozen more coats to go!). Email me if you're interested.

Ok, the guitar is a 2000 RG7620VK (formerly Vampire Kiss). Stock DiMarzio Blaze whateverthehelltheyputinthere pickups. It has a definitely good, kick-ass clear tone and it's fast as shit. The only thing is that when I bought this guitar, the chucklehead who owned it previously nicked the neck up in a few spots. Only one really noticeable nick when you're playing (3rd fret position). It's like he leaned it against a dresser corner or something. (what a douche). Not too bad though.

So, that's about it.....if you'd like to contribute to the "Keith Is Flat Broke And Is Trying To Get Back To Florida" Fund, please email me: sevenstring@cox.net. Help a brother out. You think it's easy giving up a 7620?

Okay, enough groveling.............later....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.