Witch way to install bkp pups? Help needed!

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by stennukas29, Feb 20, 2017.

1. stennukas29

stennukas29 SS.org Regular

Hey, just got my holydiver/vhii set. Witch way i have to put them in? Screws towards neck or bridge? Are there difference?

2. jerm

jerm SS.org Regular

Screws almost always on the outside (Bridge screws near the bridge and neck pup screws near the neck), with the slugs in the inside

3. CaptainD00M

CaptainD00M Lungsman

I suggest going to an enchanted wood and finding a woman who lives under an evergreen in a fairy tale looking cottage who can school you in the black arts of witch guitar maintenance ;)

4. stratjacket

stratjacket Lost in a loop

Yep, what he said. That is the most common way to do it and I would recommend that way as well. But to be honest there is no right way. It will sound a little different the other way, but mainly comes into play if you're coil splitting. But you may like that better, who knows.

5. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

I had that problem a few days ago when I changed to my warpig. According to BareKnuckle, you have to turn the pickup to know, the hook up wire on the neck pickup reverse faces the neck, the hook-up wire on the bridge pickup faces the bridge. Just like that.