Why Are You Scared Right Now?

Demiurge

Intrepid Jackass
Reaction score
bump
It appears to be October.

My favorite month! Halloween is the reason for the season. When I was a kid, I always tried as hard as I could to freak myself out with ghost stories, UFOs, miscellaneous weird stuff. Older- and very much a skeptic*- I still try to do that, but it becomes much harder to do so. In some strange way, I see "spook-ability" to be kind of a sense of wonder about the world, and if there's truly a related fear, it's losing that.

*My wife & I had a night out in Salem, MA, last night and we went to a magician/mentalist performance (the show included psychic surgery and claimed communication with the dead and took place at an active church- what a place!). Within ~15min after the show we had figured-out all of the tricks over dinner.

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I tried camping out in Ghettysburg some years ago, but couldn't see any ghosts. Not that I really believe in them anyway, but I was hopeful. A place where thousands died violently would be haunting ground #1, right?

Anyway, Halloween is great fun, but the scariest month this year is November. :ugh:

Science_Penguin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I tried camping out in Ghettysburg some years ago, but couldn't see any ghosts. Not that I really believe in them anyway, but I was hopeful. A place where thousands died violently would be haunting ground #1, right?

I dunno, I think if I was a ghost, the place where I was violently killed would be pretty far down on the list of places I want to haunt... especially after over a hundred and fifty years.

Right now, the only thing that scares me (and I know it's been said already) is the coming election.
It's like Alien vs Predator- whoever wins... the movie still sucks.

You

þ
Reaction score
I had visited /r/fifthworldpics on reddit recently. I do say, I am quite spooked and horrified.

avinu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I randomly started hearing false harmonics in my right ear today. It's only in certain note ranges but holy hell it sounds horrible. This junk is seriously ....ing with my ability to decipher notes. Hopefully it's just fluid buildup or something and isn't permanent. I don't know if I could keep playing if this doesn't go away. Has anyone else ever had this problem before?:ugh:

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
For the past 10 years, I've been pouring almost all of my income to the black hole that is a band ( and everything associated with that, even as a One Man Band) I can't keep doing it anymore, going to scale back from 30-40 shows a year to barely a few, selling off almost all my live gear, merch, props and going to focus on better recordings instead. It's a tough choice because playing on a stage is irreplaceable, but I can't keep burning myself out, :/

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
For the past 10 years, I've been pouring almost all of my income to the black hole that is a band ( and everything associated with that, even as a One Man Band) I can't keep doing it anymore, going to scale back from 30-40 shows a year to barely a few, selling off almost all my live gear, merch, props and going to focus on better recordings instead. It's a tough choice because playing on a stage is irreplaceable, but I can't keep burning myself out, :/

You're smarter than I am.

I've been doing it for twenty years. Like a crackhead, I know that touring is not good for me, or for my career, but I just keep doing it. I just keep thinking I've found the right team of guys to get to the next level, then, inevitably, drama ruins everything. Going solo is way more difficult, but I've found it to be far less drama than even the most even keeled bandmates on the road.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
My GF called me yesterday to tell me she heard a tremendous crash upstairs.
It was the sound of around 12 guitars falling off an amp. I was a dumb ass for piling em on there when digging out some work stuff on my frantic rush to get to work that morning. I've only examined the one that was on the top, uncased (a brand new Jackson) , it had a massive ding just above the heal on the rear ( an easy fix ) the rest were in gig bags and I don't want to have a look inside those bags until the weekend when I feel more relaxed :ugh:

Fingers crossed ...

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
^ Sweet jebus, if it was anyone else, I'd say "yeh, sure, your guitars got a little banged up, t'is life", but you've got some insane unique instruments. Hopefully the gig bags did their job.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
You're smarter than I am.

I've been doing it for twenty years. Like a crackhead, I know that touring is not good for me, or for my career, but I just keep doing it. I just keep thinking I've found the right team of guys to get to the next level, then, inevitably, drama ruins everything. Going solo is way more difficult, but I've found it to be far less drama than even the most even keeled bandmates on the road.

It's hard to quit man, but I'm tired of stretching $10 a week for food and gas while I play my nice guitar rig waiting for my paycheck to come in, :/

AxeHappy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It was the sound of around 12 guitars falling off an amp. I was a dumb ass for piling em on there when digging out some work stuff on my frantic rush to get to work that morning. I've only examined the one that was on the top, uncased (a brand new Jackson) , it had a massive ding just above the heal on the rear ( an easy fix ) the rest were in gig bags and I don't want to have a look inside those bags until the weekend when I feel more relaxed :ugh:

Fingers crossed ...

So...what you're saying is...you have too many guitars and you're going to sell some of them of those glorious beasts off!?!

Kidding aside, that is harsh man. I hope they're all okay.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
I've been out of the game for the better part of last 5 years and completely forgot how to flirt. Tinder's giving me a couple of dates but I've got no idea how to handle them ._.

Taylor

Formerly... someone
Reaction score

Fingers crossed ...

Update? :ugh:

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
I'm having my gallbladder removed in less than 2 weeks. I'm scared ....less that something will go wrong.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm having my gallbladder removed in less than 2 weeks. I'm scared ....less that something will go wrong.

When my grandmother had hers out, she was in and out of the hospital.

My coworker had his out a week and a half ago. He's still off work, but he seems to be doing pretty well, considering that he didn't go in until his pancreas nearly burst from all the stones lodged in it.

Usually, it's a pretty routine thing. You'll definitely be sore a while, but if you take it easy, you'll be better than ever after a few days rest.