Why are you sad right now?

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Update: Talia is tough as fuck and she pulled through the night. The swelling plateau’d and she’s feeling noticeably better. She’ll likely take a few days to kick all the swelling and then she’ll be back to normal for the most part. She’ll get some anti-biotics and with any luck won’t have flesh rot.
Dogs ussually survive snake bites. They do better than humans dealing with venom is what I have heard

kentheterrible

cheer up emo kid
Reaction score
So, I am required to take and pass a 200 level language course. I chose to study Spanish in high school, so of course I picked to continue Spanish in college. I took the online placement test and passed into the 200 level. (So no 100 level for me! Hooray, one less class, means I can save money and time!) However, the instructor of my SPN-201 course (which starts tomorrow) emailed the class an extensive 15-page list of terms that we need to know and said we will be talking in Spanish every day in class.....and I know like.....a small handful of the terms. I am f***ed. I AM F***ED. Pissing money away or drop. :(
People pay big money for immersions classes. Get stuck in, you'll be fine. No shame in dropping if you can't hang but don't sell yourself short.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Back in June, I was harassed and assaulted in the workplace by the person above me in my department, I was unfairly terminated on false grounds by the same individual almost immediately afterwards because I defended myself, and I have been subsequently blacklisted from the industry that I have been working in by this same individual and their little bullshit sock-puppet cronies, which now has left me absolutely no choice but to find a new career path all of a sudden with no clue on what to do or where to go.

There is no further opportunity in the deadbeat town where I live. Coming here was a mistake. A complete and utter mistake. So I’ll have to relocate. But where I relocate to next depends entirely on what I decide to do for a career next. And I’ve just got no fucking clue. Literally zero.

How does a person start from the very beginning all over again? Because I obviously didn’t think things would ever pan out like this.

I’m still dealing with the fallout from this; and it still leaves me feeling horribly depressed, hopeless, anxiety-ridden, and sleepless on many nights such as tonight. (It’s nearly 1AM as I type this.) I’ve also been plagued by suicidal thoughts nonstop lately and contemplating them very often (on an almost daily basis) as a result of all of this.

Last edited:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Back in June, I was harassed and assaulted in the workplace by the person above me in my department, I was unfairly terminated on false grounds by the same individual almost immediately afterwards because I defended myself, and I have been subsequently blacklisted from the industry that I have been working in by this same individual and their little bullshit sock-puppet cronies, which now has left me absolutely no choice but to find a new career path all of a sudden with no clue on what to do or where to go.

There is no further opportunity in the deadbeat town where I live. Coming here was a mistake. A complete and utter mistake. So I’ll have to relocate. But where I relocate to next depends entirely on what I decide to do for a career next. And I’ve just got no fucking clue. Literally zero.

How does a person start from the very beginning all over again? Because I obviously didn’t think things would ever pan out like this.

I’m still dealing with the fallout from this; and it still leaves me feeling horribly depressed, hopeless, anxiety-ridden, and sleepless on many nights such as tonight. (It’s nearly 1AM as I type this.) I’ve also been plagued by suicidal thoughts nonstop lately and contemplating them very often (on an almost daily basis) as a result of all of this.
I can't imagine how hard what you're going through is, but please call someone about the suicidal ideations, whether it's a therapist, close friend, or family member. Reach out to your friends and family for help, maybe one of them can help you get a temporary job while you figure things out.

I know it's cliché to say, but this could be viewed as an opportunity to get into a career path that you didn't think you could since you'd invested time and money to get into the previous industry.

Start putting things down on paper. If you just let it swirl around in your head it can be overwhelming, but if you start listing different careers that interest you and new places to live along with pros and cons you can organize your thoughts better and feel like you made a small step forward. Start researching different careers and things that would interest you and even careers that are related to that.

My partner went back to school exactly 2 years ago after we'd been talking about it for years and I kept telling her that I fully support her when she feels like she's ready. She first started going for language courses thinking she'd want to teach, which lead her to change schools to work on a degree to be a Speech Language Pathologist, which lead her now to strongly consider a career in audiology.

My point is, you don't have to decide on the career that you'll be in for the rest of your life right this second. These things change along with your interests, and in many cases you may not even know about the career that interests you the most.

Hang in there, man, we're rooting for you. :hug:

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I'm so sorry, man. That whole situation sucks ass.

The one thing I will say is, and I feel I'm justified in saying it as I've gone through the suicidal thoughts sitch a few times in life, don't. As dark as things seem, and I totally get why, there's always reason to hope. Find someone to talk with, as stated above, and find a way to remind yourself of things you enjoy. Be self-indulgent for a moment if you have to.

Then buckle down and figure out your next direction.

Best of luck, man. We're rooting for you.

May your tormentor be plagued with torments beyond any we can imagine. Power trippin' douchebag.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Fuck them I have restarted a lot of times, it always feels like how the fuck did I get here but through the Barron wasteland I make my way through I always find my self in a better place

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can't imagine how hard what you're going through is, but please call someone about the suicidal ideations, whether it's a therapist, close friend, or family member. Reach out to your friends and family for help, maybe one of them can help you get a temporary job while you figure things out.

I know it's cliché to say, but this could be viewed as an opportunity to get into a career path that you didn't think you could since you'd invested time and money to get into the previous industry.

Start putting things down on paper. If you just let it swirl around in your head it can be overwhelming, but if you start listing different careers that interest you and new places to live along with pros and cons you can organize your thoughts better and feel like you made a small step forward. Start researching different careers and things that would interest you and even careers that are related to that.

My partner went back to school exactly 2 years ago after we'd been talking about it for years and I kept telling her that I fully support her when she feels like she's ready. She first started going for language courses thinking she'd want to teach, which lead her to change schools to work on a degree to be a Speech Language Pathologist, which lead her now to strongly consider a career in audiology.

My point is, you don't have to decide on the career that you'll be in for the rest of your life right this second. These things change along with your interests, and in many cases you may not even know about the career that interests you the most.

Hang in there, man, we're rooting for you. :hug:

Don’t kill yourself dude

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My dear friend is in an abusive relationship and mostly deluding herself about it. She texted me saying she was being manipulated and emotionally abused the other day and today it's the same old self-blame routine in response to my message of support and encouragement. She's also got some complex mental health issues that I don't begin to understand.

It's not the first shitty relationship I've watched her talk herself back into over and over until shit gets too bad even for her to ignore. It's also not even the first red flag in this relationship, and the ones I've seen are presumably also a drop in the ocean of what's really going down.

I love her dearly but it's hard to watch her do the same thing over and over. I can tell she's not in a good place because our regular phone conversations have been strained, but there's nothing I can do. I don't even know how to support her at this point, I don't want to validate the crap she's saying about working on herself to make the abuse stop, and I don't want to cause an argument which taking any kind of stand at this point certainly would.

Part of me feels like I'm a shitty friend if I don't stick to the truth. The other part of me knows that would drive a wedge between us at a time when she needs love and support. But then again, I feel strongly that not-rocking-the-boat out of comfort or convenience is almost always the wrong choice.

Ultimately I don't think it will matter to the situation either way so I'm probably just fretting over what will make me feel the best about my actions.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well my dog Sweety turned 18 the other day.
With my mom
Being retired and my schedule being kind of wierd she stays with my mom most of the time.
It has been four weeks since I seen her last. When I seen her today she has lost so much weight. I was always scared of when I would have to put her down thinking what if she secretly still had life left. Well as I’m sitting her watching her feeling all of her bones, watching her not even be able to stand up or sit down cause her back legs are so old, and watch her refuse to eat day in and day out, I am sad but I am also happy. I am happy because she is telling me that is time without me having any doubt in my my mind that there is any life left in her.
I’m sad because she is the bestest dog in the whole world.
A breed chihuahua that gets the bad name of barking to much and being little mean dogs.
This dog never barks, she’s nice to everyone.
Well after feeling how frail she has become and watching her little doggy tears run down her face and see her use the little bit of strength she has jsut to wag her tail when I pet her.. I know it’s time.
Life is only hurting her at this point. That’s all I needed to know for sure it was time. She’s telling me now.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well my dog Sweety turned 18 the other day.
With my mom
Being retired and my schedule being kind of wierd she stays with my mom most of the time.
It has been four weeks since I seen her last. When I seen her today she has lost so much weight. I was always scared of when I would have to put her down thinking what if she secretly still had life left. Well as I’m sitting her watching her feeling all of her bones, watching her not even be able to stand up or sit down cause her back legs are so old, and watch her refuse to eat day in and day out, I am sad but I am also happy. I am happy because she is telling me that is time without me having any doubt in my my mind that there is any life left in her.
I’m sad because she is the bestest dog in the whole world.
A breed chihuahua that gets the bad name of barking to much and being little mean dogs.
This dog never barks, she’s nice to everyone.
Well after feeling how frail she has become and watching her little doggy tears run down her face and see her use the little bit of strength she has jsut to wag her tail when I pet her.. I know it’s time.
Life is only hurting her at this point. That’s all I needed to know for sure it was time. She’s telling me now.
I fed her some of ice cream stash today