Why are you sad right now?

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
My pet rat, Sir Reggie, died last night. I am devastated. He was acting normally, healthy, playful and acting like his puppy-rat self. He had a seizure or stroke and just died. It happened so fast and without any warning.

He was such a well-behaved and personable rattie that my wife could take him to the park where she works; he would interact with everyone, including children, with no problems. He had the most massive personality for being such a small mammal.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My pet rat, Sir Reggie, died last night. I am devastated. He was acting normally, healthy, playful and acting like his puppy-rat self. He had a seizure or stroke and just died. It happened so fast and without any warning.

He was such a well-behaved and personable rattie that my wife could take him to the park where she works; he would interact with everyone, including children, with no problems. He had the most massive personality for being such a small mammal.
Dude this reminds me of a time.. I was a kid and went to my cousins house and he had a hamster that had some kind of immune problem with his immune system and there were like whatever you do don’t pet this hamster and when they walked out of the room I pet the hamster and a few hours later it was dead and they were like did you pet the hamster and this kid named Johnathan was crying dude I still laugh when I think about it but they were like did you pet the hamster and I was like no

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude this reminds me of a time.. I was a kid and went to my cousins house and he had a hamster that had some kind of immune problem with his immune system and there were like whatever you do don’t pet this hamster and when they walked out of the room I pet the hamster and a few hours later it was dead and they were like did you pet the hamster and this kid named Johnathan was crying dude I still laugh when I think about it but they were like did you pet the hamster and I was like no
Well I say he was my cousin but he was really my step dads sons kids so my step … I mean he wasn’t blood related… but you know some of that wierd relation we got going on down here in the south but long story short his name was Johnathan… his hamster had some kind of hamster aids… I wasn’t supposed to pet it. I thought they were just being assholes and didn’t want me to pet it. I pet it anyway, apperently they weren’t lying the hamster died quick. Real quick. Like maybe in like 3 hours. Johnathan cried cause I killed his hamster. And when they asked me I was like hell no I didn’t touch that hamster

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
His dad was like Jonathan will get you another hamster and I was like well you better wash that cage out you don’t want that new hamster catching wahterver he has got lol

Last edited:

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
@Grindspine - Really sorry, dude. It's crazy how even smaller animals can have just as much impact on us as much larger ones. I still miss my Quaker parrot that I lost like 20 yrs ago. I loved that when he was out of his cage he would attack everyone but me. And he would snuggle up under my chin or against my neck. Also the whole mimicking thing was cool... He'd say "Fidgy good boy" a lot as well.

Condolences again, man.

Last edited:

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Lil buddy 😿 I'm really sorry to hear that, man. I nearly lost my kittycat this year and it was a difficult time to say the least. It sounds like he had a pretty damn good life for a little rat.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Hey my dog was from Indiana before we got her

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
@Grindspine - Really sorry, dude. It's crazy how even smaller animals can have just as much impact on us as much larger ones. I still miss my Quaker parrot that I lost like 20 yrs ago. I loved that when he was out of his cage he would attack everyone but me. And he would snuggle up under my chin or against my neck. Also the whole mimicking thing was cool... He'd say "Fidgy good boy" a lot as well.

Condolences again, man.

Thank you.

That reminds me that my parents lost their Brazilian Blue & Gold macaw last year. I think that bird was like 27 years old, or so. She would attack everyone but my dad--she was a very jealous bird.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Thank you.

That reminds me that my parents lost their Brazilian Blue & Gold macaw last year. I think that bird was like 27 years old, or so. She would attack everyone but my dad--she was a very jealous bird.
Man those are so gorgeous. I was always in awe of the larger ones... Scarlet-Greys, Cockatoos, Hyacinths, etc. But yeah, my little guy really brought a lot of life to my apartment at a time when I was living alone. I don't think that he even attacked people because he felt threatened. I think it was more of a showoff for daddy kinda thing. I'd start laughing and he'd fly back to me where I'd love on him.. like validating his behavior lol.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

Years ago, my wife took home a pet rat someone was giving away. At first, I was scared of it. I grew up in Detroit and had seen plenty of rats that I definitely didn't want to ever get any closer to. But once I saw this little rat cleaning her own cage, pooping and peeing in a little tray in the corner, actually playing with people, etc., I fell in love. I spent the next year-and-a-half perplexed by why rats were not the most popular pets in the world. Soooo much personality, and so smart. We ended up with five rats, and they all had their own personalities and their own temperaments. None of them ever acted the least bit aggressive toward any human, let alone bite. But then I found out the problem, and it's why we never got more rats... the issue of life expectancy. :(

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Years ago, my wife took home a pet rat someone was giving away. At first, I was scared of it. I grew up in Detroit and had seen plenty of rats that I definitely didn't want to ever get any closer to. But once I saw this little rat cleaning her own cage, pooping and peeing in a little tray in the corner, actually playing with people, etc., I fell in love. I spent the next year-and-a-half perplexed by why rats were not the most popular pets in the world. Soooo much personality, and so smart. We ended up with five rats, and they all had their own personalities and their own temperaments. None of them ever acted the least bit aggressive toward any human, let alone bite. But then I found out the problem, and it's why we never got more rats... the issue of life expectancy. :(
I also another friend that had a rat for a long time and when he said his ray died I texted him in death his name is Robert Paulson

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Yeah, my wife has had pet rats for most of her life. We have fostered a few dozen over the last decade. I think the oldest didn't quite make it to three years old. I have learned a lot about health and diet though. The ratties we had years ago tended to get more tumors. Once we really started restricting their diets, tumors became far more infrequent.

Reggie, the one that just passed, was a complete surprise. He was just over a year old, healthy, active, playful. He was just sitting next to me, cleaning himself, then had a seizure. He also had a massive personality. It'll be quiet without him running around my feet.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
My pointer mix Talia got bit by a rattlesnake for the 3rd time this year and 4th by a venomous snake (water moccasin first time).

Looks like it was a baby from the gap in the puncture wounds and she’s swelling massively. Did the redneck remedy, we’re hoping that she makes it through the night. She’s sleeping in our room tonight.

creepymcpeepers

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anxiety. I always think there is something wrong
Dude I have this same problem man… stay away from the benzos though man… that’s what they will try to prescribe you and man… excercise helped me a little bit that’s what they told me in another thread… my advice dude is to always go for the natural method pharmaceuticals are not your friend unless it’s absolutely necessary. Element eighty wanted me to wear a bear suit and before I got my arm band to go on stage I passed out dude and I was pale and I was sweating and everyone thought I was having a heart attack… and all it really was was that I didn’t know what was on the other side of that dooor. It’s a real thing dude… and people that don’t have it they don’t understand it. Don’t let no one treat you like your less.. you matter man

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
My pointer mix Talia got bit by a rattlesnake for the 3rd time this year and 4th by a venomous snake (water moccasin first time).

Looks like it was a baby from the gap in the puncture wounds and she’s swelling massively. Did the redneck remedy, we’re hoping that she makes it through the night. She’s sleeping in our room tonight.
Update: Talia is tough as fuck and she pulled through the night. The swelling plateau’d and she’s feeling noticeably better. She’ll likely take a few days to kick all the swelling and then she’ll be back to normal for the most part. She’ll get some anti-biotics and with any luck won’t have flesh rot.