Why are you sad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex Kenivel, May 28, 2014.

1. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel 55.0r6 R36ul@r

Just realized today that my old band Final Uprising played our Battle of the Bands show, in which we won first place, two years ago. It was one of the most fun shows I've ever played, so that's nothing to be sad about, but I haven't been in an active band since then, and I miss playing shows and having that interaction with the crowd and just being onstage...there's no feeling in the world like it.

2. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

That moment where it's friday night and you send a message in your group's WhatsApp chat asking is anyone's up for something, and only one guy even bothers resposnding, and then disappears as well.
    Hell, I wouldn't mind having a quite night by myself, but I'd appreciate a life signal, something.

3. BucketheadRules

BucketheadRules Fuzz pedal hoarder

Caroline Aherne's died. :(

4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think this is the third weekend in a row where everyone I try to make plans with bails on me after I wait a significant part of the day for them. Whats the point of being "connected" to so many people online, when none of them want to have anything to do with you in person?

5. Black43

Black43 Hated Ibanezes once

I managed to rear end someone and total my car. Everyone was fine, but I loved that car. Oh well.

6. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

Messed my back up again :noway:. This year has been brutal for me with injury and illness. I count my blessings thats nothing has been truly serious (as in life threatening) but its been one thing after another thats kept me from being able to accomplish the things I need to. We have our third child on the way and ive been trying to get ahead financially by working hard and so far this year ive cracked ribs, messed my back up 3 times and catch every cold or flu that seems to go around. I'm self employed as a handlyman so no sick pay or disability/workmans comp etc. Its starting to look like I may have to find a new line of work because of my repeated back issues and it sucks because I was finally starting to do ok with the handyman stuff with a good amount of regular clients and my hourly rate at a level that allowed be to properly provide for my family....I just dont really know what to do now at this point.

7. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream SS.org Regular

Have some health issue and most likely won't be going to see fall of Troy next weekend due to it:(.

Going to get a ultrasound next week if it doesn't get better over the weekend and get another check up.

Been a .... year for me

1)amp dead,. Need to fix it soon
    2). Muzzleloader broke and will have to try and fix.
    3) car dead last week and I had to buy a new one
    4) can't buy dirt bike now due to the car
    5) health issue for the last 3 weeks

Worst of all, my dog I had for 15 year died in my arms last month. Had a bad seizure and went blind and a few minutes after went into another and I think had a heart attack. Still doesn't feel real as he has just been around so long, was a part of the house and it hard to break the habits.

So hopefully things turn around , most of these things will just take money to solve and are hindsight to my pup and my health concerns.

I know others have it worse for sure so most of these seem petty

8. jacksonguitar1111

jacksonguitar1111 SS.org Regular

wanted to save money - bought a new guitar :/

9. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau I am the liquor

I miss my ex so much. It's been a while and I was definitively getting better, but for the last 3 weeks, cutting down on booze has brought up emotions I tried to drown all this time.

10. TheStig1214

TheStig1214 Mr. Tophat Jones

The girl I was dating moved to another state. Granted, I only knew her a month and I knew she was moving when we started dating, so nothing about it was serious. But it was the first time I'd even kissed a girl since my last ex 3 1/2 years ago. We really connected and it just sucks because it's easy to be single and lonely when you're calloused for so long, but the second someone cracks that and you're back to being alone it just makes you realize how much you're missing out on.

Also, I haven't been behind the wheel of my car for over a week now, engine threw a rod and I'm getting the motor replaced. Won't see her for another week.

11. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Selling my gear and quitting is hard to do.

12. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

I can't find my cigarettes.

13. cheosamad21

cheosamad21 That kid with the 7

Not really sad, just compromising. My girlfriend left on vacation with her family but her dad had to stay behind for the weekend while they're all gone. I was supposed to go see periphery tonight which is by far my favorite band, but I can't just leave him there by himself, especially after he texted their family and said he was excited to spend time with me. Gonna bite the bullet and hopefully improve his weekend by spending it over there.

He is a very cool dude, and I'm happy to spend time with him, just a bit of a sting to have already gotten tickets to see Periphery and they've gone to waste. Next year hopefully:)

14. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

But SUCH a great move on your part. I think that the decision you've made will be a great thing in many ways and not just for you and not even just for him. You're showing that family that you have character, humanity, etc. Good on you for doing [what I would say is] the right thing.

Karma, brotha... it's gonna come back to you. Cheers!

15. cheosamad21

cheosamad21 That kid with the 7

Yeah, it's probably the better move all around. I'm injured anyway so who knows, maybe if I went to the show my injury would get worse by getting hit or something. We'll order some chicken and watch TV. Plus us getting to know each other better without being around other people will be healthy for us anyway.

16. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Good move. To put it another way- and no pressure intended- girlfriend-parents can always be potential in-laws, and having the in-laws like you is just so much easier in the long-run.

17. CircuitalPlacidity

CircuitalPlacidity Carnivorous Jesus

I am sad cause I've been watching a guitar for weeks on eBay. I finally had the money to buy it and went to move it from my savings to checking account for purchase. Did that and then immediately went to the page to buy and someone snagged ot like 2 minutes before me.

18. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Been trying to get the numbers right for weeks, got no sleep for night after night, and I think I finally came to the conclussion that my buisness plan is just not going to work out. A good deal of money, time and efford wasted, I could easily have had an acceptable job by now and now it looks like everything will be canceled before it even started. I was hoping this would be the chance to start something, be independend, but whatever way I try, there is no ....ing way to make a living of what is supposed to be payed unless you employ lots and lots of people to begin with or have the money to survive for a bunch of months of no income at all. Negative income. I'm rather devastated.

19. Dodeejeroo

Dodeejeroo SS.org Regular

4 day weekend ends tomorrow and Fall semester starts in a week :(

20. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

Textbook prices. Granted, this semester was downright cheap compared to others but still, ouch.