Why are you mad right now?

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah no shit

I got charged TWICE for a non-optional-non-refundable "biometrics fee" (~$450/ea)... and received two "it's all good, we already got your biometrics anyway from your last renewal, no need to do anything else" letters
So almost $1000 between the 540 and this? Crooks.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Some neighbor guy “worked” on my 82 yo grandma’s PC and stole the Ram out of it in the process and told her the computer was fried. Who the fuck does that?

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
not really mad, but annoyed.

listed an old axiom 25 midi controller for sale, and a dude was going to come by to get it. The time passes....I'm sitting here waiting.... no word. no show.. no nothing. Thanks ghosting dude for wasting my time. ...You are dead to me now.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I want to go outside and enjoy a walk in the beautiful sunshine, but I live in a swamp and I can't step outside my door without getting swarmed by thousands of fucking mosquitoes, and not the little kind.

I wouldn't trade summer for winter wholesale, but on a monetary basis I would take -40° over swarms of mosquitoes all the time every time forever and ever and ever in sweet little tiny mosquito baby jesus' name, amen.

For example: I have regularly considered how great it would be if my outhouse were magically -40° on the inside at all times to keep the mosquitoes out while I'm doing my business. Going in those conditions sounds downright joyous to what I have to face right now.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I want to go outside and enjoy a walk in the beautiful sunshine, but I live in a swamp and I can't step outside my door without getting swarmed by thousands of fucking mosquitoes, and not the little kind.

I wouldn't trade summer for winter wholesale, but on a monetary basis I would take -40° over swarms of mosquitoes all the time every time forever and ever and ever in sweet little tiny mosquito baby jesus' name, amen.

For example: I have regularly considered how great it would be if my outhouse were magically -40° on the inside at all times to keep the mosquitoes out while I'm doing my business. Going in those conditions sounds downright joyous to what I have to face right now.
I just got back from a walk outside down the riverfront. ....got a face full of bugs.. But they were just gnat things, not mosquitos. Pretty sure I still have some crawling under my eyelids.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I occassionally have days where I hate my job, but overall enjoy it. However, one thing I just flatout dislike is the fact we will do something for a week or a few weeks, then just completely drop it and go back to doing nothing to make things better.

For instance, we had started a thing this week where each of the 3 support analysts would take turns doing validations for a week. I did the first week, preferring it quite a bit versus doing tickets and validations. For whatever reason, it wasn't as good as they expected, I guess, and we're going back to fucking doing the same shit that was stressing me the fuck out.

The only reason I can ascertain si because one fo the managers didn't come up with the idea. I find that hilarious considering he once said that he had a job where if the boss didn't come up with something, they didn't like it. Huh, interesting.

Now it looks like I did such a bad fucking job to the rest of the team (the other two analysts) that we have to go back to the way things were. Absolutely moronic. Doing validations and tickets is fucking stressful, because you constantly feel behind/rushing to finish shit.

/rant

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sadly the only real-estate they can't seem to find on me.. I mean good for my dick bad for my ego.

I promise it's not sad. I just received a ferocious scrotal assault while trying to relieve myself, which in turn made my body unwilling to do the thing, which led to more waiting and further assault.

Death From Below!!!!

I'm about to start pooping in old grocery bags. Y'all can judge me after you've lowered your sack into the airborne sarlacc pit for a couple minutes.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I promise it's not sad. I just received a ferocious scrotal assault while trying to relieve myself, which in turn made my body unwilling to do the thing, which led to more waiting and further assault.

Death From Below!!!!

I'm about to start pooping in old grocery bags. Y'all can judge me after you've lowered your sack into the airborne sarlacc pit for a couple minutes.
Sympathy but still lmfao... plus the whole Scrotal Assault band name thing lol.

So maybe worth mentioning/ maybe not but I bought one of those bug zapper things that looks like a tennis racquet and it works really well for mosquitos and gnats. Other faster-flying insects like flies are harder to contact but otherwise it's quite effective. Takes two AA batteries and they surprisingly seem to last forever in this thing.

I bought it as kind of a novelty but it's actually become my go-to for quickly and easily taking out mosquitos... mainly around our front porch although I've used it indoors too. I even use it proactively by gently fanning the long grass and thick bushes along the sidewalk and stir up the mosquitos before they're even in attack mode. In less than a minute you can wipe out dozens of em. You don't have to wave it around frantically either... just lightly passing it back and forth will get em.

And it has some advantages over insect spray. I haven't had to buy any Raid since I bought this thing so it reduced that expense. Also I'm not releasing hazardous chemicals into the air nor into my lungs. The zapper kills smaller insects on contact too so it's more humane in that regard. And what I really like is that I can just target the bugs that I want to kill and not hurt other beneficial garden insects like spiders, ladybugs, honey-bees, etc.

Anyway... Just thought I'd share that in case you'd be interested in getting one. Honestly best $10 I've spent in a long time. Oh, and it'll wake your ass up if you accidentally zap yourself with it lol.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sympathy but still lmfao... plus the whole Scrotal Assault band name thing lol.

So maybe worth mentioning/ maybe not but I bought one of those bug zapper things that looks like a tennis racquet and it works really well for mosquitos and gnats. Other faster-flying insects like flies are harder to contact but otherwise it's quite effective. Takes two AA batteries and they surprisingly seem to last forever in this thing.

I bought it as kind of a novelty but it's actually become my go-to for quickly and easily taking out mosquitos... mainly around our front porch although I've used it indoors too. I even use it proactively by gently fanning the long grass and thick bushes along the sidewalk and stir up the mosquitos before they're even in attack mode. In less than a minute you can wipe out dozens of em. You don't have to wave it around frantically either... just lightly passing it back and forth will get em.

And it has some advantages over insect spray. I haven't had to buy any Raid since I bought this thing so it reduced that expense. Also I'm not releasing hazardous chemicals into the air nor into my lungs. The zapper kills smaller insects on contact too so it's more humane in that regard. And what I really like is that I can just target the bugs that I want to kill and not hurt other beneficial garden insects like spiders, ladybugs, honey-bees, etc.

Anyway... Just thought I'd share that in case you'd be interested in getting one. Honestly best $10 I've spent in a long time. Oh, and it'll wake your ass up if you accidentally zap yourself with it lol.

Honestly, I stopped using bug dope years ago. The shit hardly works, and it is incredibly bad for you. I just wear long sleeves and suffer if it's hot (though hiking clothes have come a long way). Also an oscillating fan on the deck goes a long way

You are the second person to make a functional case for the hand held bug zapper to me in the last week. One of my coworkers reported that they actually just leave theirs upright, turned on and it does most of the work on its own.

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
The battery in my car died while I was at target. Not only that but the bolt that attaches the bracket (to secure the battery) broke off at the head. I managed to get the car jumpstarted, drove to the auto store, swapped batteries in the parking lot and got back home but now I have to unfuck the bracket by redrilling the bracket/frame.
what a damn shitshow.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
New record, $80 to fill the mom wagon's tank today (2019 Nissan Rogue)

Also still mad @mosquitos forever seriously wtf

The battery in my car died while I was at target. Not only that but the bolt that attaches the bracket (to secure the battery) broke off at the head. I managed to get the car jumpstarted, drove to the auto store, swapped batteries in the parking lot and got back home but now I have to unfuck the bracket by redrilling the bracket/frame.
what a damn shitshow.

Broken old bolts are the worst, I'm mad for you. Do not miss my shitty old shitwagon, may it rust in piss.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
New record, $80 to fill the mom wagon's tank today (2019 Nissan Rogue)

$80 for the full tank? That's just about what I used to pay before mr. P started his special operation... Now I'm paying about 60€ for half a tank, because it's too expensive to completely fill up :( And the damned government won't lower the taxes because apparently this is the way to get everyone to switch to EV's (and it seems to be working too, I see lots of EV's all over these days, and am planning to switch myself as soon as my current car is paid off).

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mother fucking autocorrect. I've never confirmed this as true but I heard a while back they switched autocorrect to learn from other people's typing or something? I don't know, either way it's notably worse than it was on my phones from 2011-2015.

It's not even the little shit it does that pisses me off like always switching well/we'll to the wrong one (I will type "we'll be there in 5 minutes" and it changes we'll to well, but then I type something like "Well I don't think that's accurate" and it becomes we'll), the shit that pisses me off the most is when it just subs in multiple words in the place of a correct word AFTER I've completed it and entered words after. For instance:

"Hey let's go to the store later" will become "Hey let's goad start letters" after I finish typing later. This is a fabricated example to show the kind of shit it does to exaggerate the effect, but it's often this bad.