Why are you mad right now?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Stuff like buying a house or a flat
Most people aren't buying houses right now, as I understand it, so you're good on that front.

saving up money
Just don't spend it. It sounds dumb, but it's almost as simple as that.

what to do
Anything you want that pays you enough to afford the lifestyle you want.

what not to do
Be too concerned about what the right or wrong things to do are.

dealing with paperwork, contracts, etc.
The rest is on you, I've got nuthin.

I kid mostly, but it helps to remember that an unimaginable number of people haven't sorted their shit out, so you're in good company at least. The idea that everyone has everything figured out is an illusion.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly I feel like I'm fucking clueless about the skills that I need to be successful. Nobody taught me anything. Experience is the best teacher but I don't even know where to start. I don't know shit. Stuff like buying a house or a flat, saving up money, what to do, what not to do, dealing with paperwork, contracts, etc.
I'm in my 40's now and I still don't have any clue how to be an adult. Somehow, miraculously, I haven't choked to death on my own spit yet.

Metropolis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one. I hear so much praise for them, but they are 100% not my style.

Have you tried the Evo7?

In the neck it's passable, but bridge... hell no. I had an Ibanez with Evo7 in the bridge, it can sound pretty brutal and has enough output. For this one I've been quite interested about DiMarzio Illuminators.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm in my 40's now and I still don't have any clue how to be an adult. Somehow, miraculously, I haven't choked to death on my own spit yet.
Pretty much verbatim what I was gonna say. I trip my way through life and somehow manage to mostly survive day to day, though sometimes with bruises and cuts to remind me I'm completely out of my element. It's nice we're at least getting to watch the world burn around us, sometimes literally, so there's at least some sign we aren't alone in feeling lost.

AwakenTheSkies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah! Also I have my doubts if I'm investing my time right..I think my friends mostly work their jobs then just hang out or smoke weed. And there's nothing wrong with that! In my free time from work, I focus on practicing guitar as much as I can, doing exercises, learning new things. Or recording songs. Sometimes I like to hang out and have a drink or five too, but I feel I'm at my best when I'm striving towards something. I think there's nothing else I'd rather do than grind these exercises. But part of me does wonder if I could be using my free time on something more...profitable, but I have no idea what would that be. I guess everyone has this kind of doubts..

It sucks to see that most of my guitar playing friends just seem to be unmotivated, feel like they don't have time or don't want to practice, or just get really burnt out from being in a band or get really discouraged by the money factor. That's why it's cool that's there's forums like this for guitar nerds.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are in that boat right now. The last year or so killed the social element of music for a lot of people, and IMO that makes it a lot more difficult to keep motivated. You're not seeing as much music getting made, you're not seeing shows, you're not in and amongst people from whom you can absorb their enthusiasm, etc. And anything you do create isn't going to have a venue to share it with people in the same way it would have a year or two ago. The environment has changed. And I imagine some people who went hard on their projects when lockdowns started have possibly burnt out on that same drive they had at the beginning.

It's ok to just be.

CovertSovietBear

ブロリー
Reaction score
But part of me does wonder if I could be using my free time on something more...profitable, but I have no idea what would that be.
Capitalism engrains the thought that any extracurricular, if not profitable, is not worth pursuing, which is why this manner of thinking resonates with a lot of people IMO
As long as I'm happy and not bored I think it's worth pursuing but there are many things to consider outside of what I just stated.

AwakenTheSkies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Capitalism engrains the thought that any extracurricular, if not profitable, is not worth pursuing, which is why this manner of thinking resonates with a lot of people IMO
As long as I'm happy and not bored I think it's worth pursuing but there are many things to consider outside of what I just stated.

Yes, I agree with what you're saying. It's lame to do everything for MONEY and PROFIT. It reminds me of some people that I really dislike. But I feel this way because I really would like to do my best to have a better future. Not just being productive for the sake of being productive. It's because I don't want to be stuck at a shit job, struggling to pay next month's bills and basically unable to do the things that I want properly. I really want to avoid that. I didn't make the best choices when I was a teenager, and I feel like I should really do my best at fixing things now since it's seems like it's only going to get harder from here with the bills and responsibilities.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
It's raining, and now for the second time ever water is coming through the chimney into the sauna, leaving a black pool on the floor. I'm pretty sure it's because I repaired the chimney cover (oil burner had burned a pretty big hole in it) by bolting a 50x50 steel sheet over the hole, so now the cover is a bit deformed and water is running into the hole instead of out over the sides... So now I'm waiting for the rain to stop so I can climb up there and figure out how I can raise the center of the cover somehow.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
I won a bid on a Skyridge era Ho Oh card and goodwill refunded my money because they didn't actually have it in stock :(

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The dude I traded my old Burny RR LP to TOOK THE FUCKING KAHLER OFFF. That shit was SO COOL and worked SO WELL and looked GORGEOUS. It was meant for that guitar.

upset

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
My daughter is having sleeping problems again. I spent her first 3.5 years or so waking up with her several times every night, and then she finally started to sleep through the night. Well, lasted for almost two years, and now, as of roughly a month ago, she just won't go to sleep. Last night I went upstairs to tuck her in 8 times, and every time she started yelling right away when I put my ass down on the sofa. Then I gave up and lay down with her - it looked like she fell asleep but as soon as I got up she also woke up.

It's a phase, I know, but goddamn it, I have a couple of hours of relationship time with my wife (or me-time if she's away) per night and now the little bastard is taking it away.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
I sold a guitar yesterday, so I went to walmart this morning to grab some boxes to splice together for shipping. An absolute shitshow ensued with me frankensteining the boxes poorly for a good 30 minutes. I get pissed off and ended up ripping the boxes off. I then went to dig around in my crawlspace to see if I have any guitar boxes ready to go. I not one, not two, BUT THREE fucking premade boxes ready to go. Needless to say I am a bit salty.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I sold a guitar yesterday, so I went to walmart this morning to grab some boxes to splice together for shipping. An absolute shitshow ensued with me frankensteining the boxes poorly for a good 30 minutes. I get pissed off and ended up ripping the boxes off. I then went to dig around in my crawlspace to see if I have any guitar boxes ready to go. I not one, not two, BUT THREE fucking premade boxes ready to go. Needless to say I am a bit salty.
:lol: :rofl:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Someone hacked @DrakkarTyrannis 's account and posted a Stef B8 for sale for $900, which I didn't get scammed for, but now I started thinking about wanting a satin shell pink B8 again :-/

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Insurance is telling me they overpaid on a doctor's visit and I now owe them $300. -____-

My investments took a pretty good hit this week.

My last buddy at work put in her notice.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This week sucks! ..at least tomorrow is Friday.

-___-

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Insurance is telling me they overpaid on a doctor's visit and I now owe them $300. -____-
WTF? They overpaid and now YOU owe them money? So the doc's just keeping the overpayment? Why wouldn't they just get that money back from the doc?

God damn I hate insurance companies. They will do literally ANYTHING to pull more money from you even if you don't go to the doctors.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Actually in this particular instance since it was a dermatologist I suppose (I dunno really), I had to pay up front and then file a claim in which the insurance company paid me back. It's weird, I know. Usually the office just deals with the insurance company directly but not in this case. Probably some weird canadian thing with it being a private practice or something.

It's still paying about half of the cost but it paying 90% originally was a lot better ha