Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula A series of interconnected fortune cookies.

Seems legit, I'm sure it was checked over and fine... before the couriers threw it around without proper packaging. Good lord what a dumbass. Sorry you had to make his acquaintance!

IbanezDaemon likes this.
  2. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

Got a Tremol-no for my Les Paul Axcess in the mail today and almost got it installed except for two reasons:

I accidentally ordered the small clamp one instead of the large clamp because of the Floyd Rose that’s equipped, but the previous owner put on a big brass block on instead of keeping the original block on. And the 1.5mm Allen screw it came with is too short even though I damn near couldn’t fit the clamp onto the block.

So I went to both Ace Hardware and Home Depot and saw they don’t carry that small of a screw size. Now I gotta get some screws on Amazon and wait a few extra days to finally install this thing.

3. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Just got outbid on this beat to shit ESP kamikaze I:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e533757380

Thing sits there all week around $500 and given its terrible condition I figure it'd be a cool project guitar, start brainstorming different finishes. I'm outspokenly very against the kamikaze design, and here's one with the pilot's face ripped off? Perfect starting point. Instead it gets bid up to ~$1600 WTF. Just a regular good condition kamikaze will go for $2k. And last Japanese bidder was around $700. After that it's just me vs the rebidders. God damn impossible to get a good deal here anymore.

No idea what he's going to do with this since I can't imagine it being a good flip on Reverb.

4. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

Hipshot tuners were way too damn small on my Avenger, now I gotta get a replacement and a refund. Fuck.

5. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

That's crummy. Hate when stuff like that happens.

6. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I was in bed half asleep checking instagram and setting my alarm when I got an add for a "two dots" puzzle, where they showed a person trying unsuccessfully to connect all the blue dots:

[​IMG]

I wasn't going to go to bed without solving it, so ran some scenarios in my head and none worked out, but it was tough to do in the like 3 seconds before the ad looped to the title screen and stuff, so after maybe 5-10 mins of mulling over unsuccessfully, I screenshotted it, and started to work it out mathematically.

Then I started to doubt it was even possible. Got out of bed at like 3am to search about it on my laptop, found it on reddit - not solvable. God dammit. What kind of marketing strategy is that bullshit?

7. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 Tropospheric Holocenian Contributor

I saw an ad for an app that tells you your large IQ from very simple looking puzzles. I hope it's super popular.

8. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

At this point, so many ads are such egregious BS that I don't understand how they're allowed to happen, either by the platform hosting them, or there must be some kind of law in most places against misleading ads or something.

9. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

I work in a family owned restaurant and I am sick of their toxic family drama. I woke up early this morning and was so angry I couldn't go back to sleep. I am dreading going back there tonight.

Never before have I worked in an environment where the bartender can be falling down drunk and openly antagonize employees in front of customers and have it just be considered normal. His rapidly dying mother is the owner, and the thought of him managing that place is equal parts horrifying and hilarious.

If I didn't make so much cash there I'd have quit a long time ago. I'm used to the kaleidoscope of assholes found in restaurants and I am generally pretty good at keeping my cool, "the dude abides." I used to work with special ed kids, and have been a bartender for years, so it's second nature, but maintaining my boundaries is starting to be too costly in terms emotional energy and telling him to fuck off has gone from entertaining to tedious to draining.

It's okay though because that place is a sinking ship and I'm planning my exit strategy. Short term the cook is helping me get a job trimming cannabis, long term I'm going to grad school and getting the fuck out of the service industry.

10. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

Sounds like an episode of Kitchen Nightmare.

11. Spaced Out Ace

It was several episodes of kitchen nightmares.

12. Spaced Out Ace

The Dude abides! SHOMER SHABBOS!

wheresthefbomb likes this.
  13. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula A series of interconnected fortune cookies.

Do it. That's what I did and I wish I could have done it sooner.

wheresthefbomb likes this.
  14. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

DiMarzio's PAF 7 pickups suck so much I can't bear it. Low output boomy piece of garbage. Should change those out soon...

bostjan likes this.
  15. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

I can't for the life of me beat the Hell House on hard mode in the FF7 Remake. I actually yelled at the tv for the first time in like 2 decades from a game....

F that thing. I hate it so much.

/tableflip

16. TheBolivianSniper

Tuition just about doubled and all the money my parents had saved is gone with paying this year. I'm gonna see if I can work to cover my rent and food and utilities rather than taking it from my savings. This came out of nowhere and we were expecting to cover my full costs for 4 years with the estimate they gave us. Can't join the gym I want to and if I want guitar lessons it's out the savings. Good thing I talked them into letting me cover my food.

17. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

holy crap dude. That's crazy. Brutal

18. TheBolivianSniper

Yeah it's a massive kick in the dick, I mean I don't know if guitar lessons would've gotten me what I wanted and I can totally keep in great shape since the school gym is insane. It's just a lot of random stress after they put off giving me my financial aid for 2 months. Fortunately if I work about 15 hours at my current job a week I can cover rent entirely and just have to worry about electric and food. It'll turn out, probably gonna have to borrow my full senior year though.

Not nearly as bad as some people on here, dealing with work related issues or owning a home that's falling apart are quite a deal more serious than being upset over having to take some loans.

19. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Glad I'm not the only one. I hear so much praise for them, but they are 100% not my style.

Have you tried the Evo7?

20. AwakenTheSkies

AwakenTheSkies SS.org Regular

Honestly I feel like I'm fucking clueless about the skills that I need to be successful. Nobody taught me anything. Experience is the best teacher but I don't even know where to start. I don't know shit. Stuff like buying a house or a flat, saving up money, what to do, what not to do, dealing with paperwork, contracts, etc.

Seabeast2000 and bostjan like this.