Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. evade

evade enthusiast

Girlfriend didn't do the dishes.

2. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Fucking Easter holidays. Missed my weekly sauna shift since I didn't realise it was Friday. :noplease:

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  3. MFB

MFB Banned

Ordered my new bedframe on the 28th, figuring it could make it here by the 3rd since it's at shipping within the region. Initially it said it'd be available on the 1st, which I knew was a lie, so I figured, still shouldn't be a problem for the 3rd (a Saturday). Nope, now it's not scheduled to arrive until the 5th, which thankfully my folks have off as well, since the mattress that goes with it is also at their place. So I guess I'm moving everything BUT my bed in first and that'll be the last piece of the puzzle.

4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I feel your pain bro. That should probably be one of the first, as it's the biggest. Such a pain, it sounds like.

I had some ding dong deliver my groceries to another house and try to deliver someone else's to me. I inform him of such, so he goes back, gets my stuff, brings it, and it Missing half of what I ordered.

Also, Netflix, which charges 16 dollars or whatever now, has made their search algorithm almost useless, and slightly buggier than before. What a bunch of horse shit.

5. fantom

fantom Misses his 6 strings

You can sleep on a mattress that is on the floor... The only thing a bed frame does is give extra storage space for guitar cases.

Xaios likes this.
  6. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

Because, as of 10 minutes ago, it still looks like this outside.

In case you're wondering, yes, that snowpile is indeed taller than me.

Furtive Glance likes this.
  7. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

That looks amazing! Snow melted a month ago and no more skiing... I’d be all over that!

Right now I’m pissed because the bike path has new yield signs for pedestrians and bicycles, which replaced the stop signs for cars crossing the path. WTF?

8. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Stepson's dad sent a message yesterday morning that his covid test result came back positive. And of course he started getting symptoms on the kid's transitioning day, so now we're all in quarantine at least until the kid's test results come in. And if it's positive, then woo-fucking-hoo...

9. Furtive Glance

Furtive Glance "Bite my glorious, golden ass!"

First day of new job. Find out my boss quit two weeks ago and no one told me. And someone else in my intake group gouged my passenger door with their truck door :(

10. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

In Houston for a month for work.

I didn’t bring any of my guitars, my laptop or my interface, I figured there’d be shit to do, hit clubs or something.

I’m in the middle of industrial fucking nowhere and there’s almost nothing to do except drink 4.2% beer. It’s gonna get old real fast.

Upside I guess is in the past when this happened I made it to about day 4 and starting eating better/lifting again so hey...might end up back home with a six pack...

11. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

Signed up for Audible subscription. There is not one book included that I would read / listen to.

I had looked up 5 books and all said included with prime membership. Signed up. None are available and all are $30-40 each with subscription discount! Wtf? Scam.

12. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Audible blows. Everything is expensive and spammy.

13. USMarine75

Any good alternatives?

14. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I've been using an app called Hoopla that let's me check out audio books from the library. I guess it depends on how well stocked your local library is, but even in freaking Racine, WI the selection is pretty solid, and if you ask for a title they're pretty good about getting it.

15. USMarine75

I'll have to check out. I have a long ride to work and I was hoping to be more productive than sports radio lol.

16. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

My alto gets the shit beaten out of it, probably harder than any guitar on here I'd bet, and it's looking to need a full repad and new springs since it's only gotten setups since I got it about 6ish years ago. I'm not gonna have construction to fill my pockets again either, and it's looking like I might just be buying a new alto.

Which will be fun, yes, but it will be literally all the money I have. Plus the finicky process of ordering stuff in to try from France/Japan. I was told in the fall it would need a lot of work but will be playable until the summer and I'm starting to feel it slipping. The worst part is that it's not like a guitar where you can buy better aftermarket parts or do it yourself. My tech is cheap as hell, fast, and does insane work, but he probably will still charge 400 for the labor alone.

And a new alto will be in the price range of ESP or Jackson masterbuilt stuff. 6k entry fee, and I don't wanna take my chances on anything used since this will be my professional instrument for at least the first part of my career.

If you see my SV up for sale here, that's why. Honestly I'd rather get a job while still in school than sell that one. It's not even that I wasted money on it, it was perfectly budgeted. It's just seeming like I might not be able to lose that much money at once. I'm not planning on it and my old alto should bring close to 2k even beat to bits since cosmetically it's perfect and for anyone more casual it would still feel fine with all the springs and pads fucked, but it would be like playing Jason Becker on a guitar that needs a refret and new pots. Not the easiest.

AAAAHHHHH WHY DID I MAKE MUSIC MY JOB

Millul likes this.
  17. John

John New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh

A few things to unload at the moment; part of it's more like relatively menial frustration/disappointment, while part of it has more pressing concerns to me. I suppose a tl;dr note wouldn't hurt, either.

-Having smiles and laughs doesn't necessarily constitute as flirting, they can simply be part of a positive interaction or part of a simple display of appreciation. And yet some folks will neither appreciate it in turn nor tell the difference. ie- one of my old classmates mentioned upon saying 'thanks' upon entering a door another guy was taking the time to hold, that guy's friend sneered at that by asking if she was desperate.

-It's 2021 and racism still exists. I'm not sure which part of writing this is more infuriating to write out, that overall existence or the mental gymnastics on the side involved with either A) trying to cover it up under the rug, or B) flatly denying it. What sucks even more is that it happens on people who don't deserve that ill treatment and crap. ie- my family who lives in a separate locality. Not too long ago, they called me their encounter with some idiot scrub yelling a variety of Asian slurs towards them in the middle of an otherwise menial grocery run- none of which I care to quote here, none of them were provoked but rather of his own volition, and none of which were even from the right area to begin with. Reportedly, it almost but fortunately didn't devolve into physical violence. Just the same, it's an awful feeling to have in one's mind over some needless crap happening to people I care about.

-Dealing with some fanbases, due to some cringe involved. Even as far as musical instruments are concerned, I've had my share of run-ins with this tripe not too long ago. ie- one guy from awhile back kept spamming me to give up my custom shop ESP and buy a Balaguer instead. I have nothing against Joe especially since he wasn't part of that one-on-one conversation, but I can't say that's a wise nor sensible way for this scrub who wasn't even on their payroll (just a really, really attached fan to a concerning extent in this case) to try winning over other people to a brand he clearly likes so much. It didn't help as I wasn't in the market for other guitars anyway, but I digress.

-It's disappointing to have some misunderstandings devolve into some wanton vitriol, be it here, there, wherever else, etc. This goes for people I've called friends, as well. What's even more disappointing is that some groups have moderators who are petty enough to resort to tactics ranging from silencing others to push their narrative, inciting their fanbase (if applicable in some cases) to go after another guy or girl they don't like for whatever reason, turning a blind eye to some actual cringe such as the creepy old farts that often litter and/or outright simp on threads pertaining to girls shredding on guitars/whatever musical instruments, among other various poor decisions that are a poor reflection of moderating.
    One of them even sank so low as to spamming one of my friend's inboxes with a bunch of photos of toilets littered with fecal matter.

-Also the fact that body-shaming still exists in these times. I know I covered that in a previous entry, here, but seeing and hearing persist on (whether it's towards my friends, anyone else, even myself at times) is lame enough to warrant venting out my disappointment once more.

-On a relatively lighter note, but still annoying, Amazon never gets my address right. They have no problems delivering to my next door neighbors, but anything they're supposed to fulfill winds up in the wrong location (no idea where specifically, but it looks like they've been delivering to a different city altogether from what I've gathered). The only ways I've been able to work around this are A) getting my money back, which they have no problem complying with or B) delivering to a hub that's not too terribly far away. It's more of an inconvenience either way, but it's amazing in its own right (not in an endearing way) for them to be the only ones dropping the ball like that as far as deliveries are concerned.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

forgot to oil up the wings I'm grilling so now they're sticking and ripping all that delicious crispy skin off.
    Also just stepped on a stray metal bristle from my grill brush barefoot dammit

19. BusinessMan

BusinessMan SS.org Regular

Made a joke about wife's whiskers (she barely even has "peach fuzz" if even that) and now she's trying to exile me to my parents house so we can "have a break". She will not communicate with me about what the fuck is wrong, and won't talk to me (giving me the silent treatment). If this continues I will be getting a divorce. I cant keep dealing with this shit

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  20. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

That is super childish. I'd divorce her if that is a common thing.

Seabeast2000 likes this.