Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

Reverb weirdos are the worst. I once had a guy begging with 50 lines of messagges for a 40% discount because "that's all he had in his bank account at the moment".

2. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

I have a guitar being shipped from Japan by FedEx, and it is currently stuck in Memphis because the US can't handle some snow. Been stuck there for 5 days now. We Canadians can send over a couple of ol' snowplows to clean ya shit.

(I jest, I understand it's really shitty for some communities down South. I just really want my guitar right now. :( )

thebeesknees22 likes this.
  3. Mprinsje

Mprinsje st. anger ain't bad!

IMG-20210221-WA0019.jpeg

New guitar fell off strap. (Technically not new but 2nd hand but you know what I mean). Barely played a note on it. Should've put something on there to keep the strap on better.

4. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

oh geeez! That's my worst nightmare! I had that happen a couple of times, and now I have 2 not cheap guitars with some pretty major dings. ...they're still playable and they still sound good though so I'm not as bad off as you are there. OUCH!

Mprinsje likes this.
  5. Mprinsje

It's just such a shame, got it last week.

Will probably get it fixed but it'll cost me about the same as I bought the guitar for. Probably not really worth it but I'll fix it out of spite.

Alberto7 and thebeesknees22 like this.
  6. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

That made me double over in pain-cringe... that sucks so much! I am low-key terrified my guitar that's stuck in the mail will arrive that way.

Hope you enjoy it a ton after you get it fixed! Best of lucks.

7. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

People keep buy larping my BC Rich or being unreasonable like expecting me to ship it internationally in the case for free. Yes I want it gone but I'm not putting up with that headache and losing the ridiculous amount of money that would do. I'm already losing a lot of money at the current price and it has 1200 views and 49 watchers, with 4 people that've had it sitting in their cart for a MONTH. I've been harassed over it, annoyed, complained at, literally everything. I want it gone but everyone seems so content to waste my time and patience that I'm not buying anything any more.

The pain in the ass of the inevitable resale of something that's not a perfect Holy grail bit of gear keeps making me want to end it all and I'm losing money.

Ordacleaphobia and Seabeast2000 like this.
  8. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Yikes, that's somehow one I've never seen before.
    I've been super lucky with gear mishaps so far- the only bad one was a few years back when my rack got knocked over and domino'd my guitar stand, with my old PRS getting the brunt of it. Nice rack-corner shaped indent on the back. Can confirm being the first guy to put a fresh ding on a mint PRS makes you want to scream and plead guilty to a crime.

Man I had the same thing happen to me with an old ibby saber I was selling on Reverb a while back. Listed at $800 which is a decent price for an S5470, and would constantly get clowns asking me to ship it, insured, internationally, at no cost, usually with a lower offer. Like dude, it's a production Ibanez. You can get them mainland, I promise. But it still always had a ton of people watching / viewing every day, everyone just wanted to lowball. Took a few months to sell even though it was the lowest priced 5470 on the internet.

--
    Also am I the only guy that low-key feels like an asshole liking posts in this thread?
    "Oh man, something terrible happened to you? YOU LIKE THIS" :lol:

9. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

The wording definitely makes it feel that way, that's why I think we should rename "likes" to "agrees" or "concurs."

Is there a word for "I found this funny, or maybe I agreed with your point, or I was gonna reply to this but after writing a paragraph I realized I was just doing a bad job of paraphrasing the point you made?" there's probably a German word for it...

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

+1

BlackMastodon likes this.
  11. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Finding a dual flush, button style, 2" aperture, 12" flush valve for a single piece toilet is fucking impossible. Impossible. :mad:

12. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

mmm nothing like some good ole schadenfreude

13. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Holy shit man, I never thought a guitar falling off a strap could do that much damage. The neck joint must've been really strained to begin with, unless it fell off the strap while you were hanging on a 3rd floor balcony or something... Either way, goddamn. I'm probably gonna have nightmares of that image :lol:

14. Mprinsje

Yeah me neither, it's not the first guitar that has fallen off a strap either. It's just so weird. And I was just standing on the ground, not even really moving.

15. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

I had a package delivered. My apartment building doesn't have a concierge so they just end up leaving packages downstairs in the open lobby.

....someone took my package..... >_< .... -_____-

It was probably an accident since this is the first time it's happened, but still.... super annoying.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  16. Cliff

Cliff SS.org Regular

17. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I feel this pretty hard right now.
    Gf is currently doing a midterm in the office with the door closed. So I'm working in the dining room and am on cat wrangling duty. Took 30 minutes for them to give up and start their early afternoon nap.

18. Taylor

Taylor Formerly... someone

Stress fueled depression. Trying to learn a new song and will have certain riffs down at 70-100% speed one day, and the next day it's like my muscle memory forgot to switch on and I can't even make it thru the riff at 50% speed without my fingers forgetting where they need to go.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  19. MFB

MFB Banned

When did apartment applications become as fucking infuriating as job applications?

I viewed a place on Monday, $1300 including all utilities so I jumped on it. Filled out the application on Wednesday morning, and then they asked for my proof of employment. No problem, send over two pay stubs and say they'll be in touch. They run my credit, and background check, both check out, still no word. Then they come back asking for a bank statement, unconventional but fine, if it gets me the apartment here you go. I've sent documents to them every day this week, and they keep asking for something new as if it's going to make a difference, and I still don't have an answer 5 days later.

Originally my broker thought we'd have an answer the next day, now I'm not sure when to expect something. They're showing the place for an immediate move in, but they certainly don't seem to want me to at this rate.

20. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

After running your credit, background, and getting pay stubs, I would've stopped. Seems like after that, they are just playing games.