Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. TheBolivianSniper

TheBolivianSniper SS.org Regular

Yo that game was my fall last year when I was sick and pretty much alone all first quarter of college. It's amazing, just a little too min max-y for me

2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

My full review is in the "what game are you playing" thread. :lol:

3. TheBolivianSniper

My tenor that I just got was listed as perfect condition, no damage. The octave key was resoldered and now it's coming off. That's a big fucking problem and I was never informed of it. I won't return it since I have a miracle sax tech but I want some serious money back

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  4. PyramidSmasher

PyramidSmasher Chess Dragon

combination of too much caffeine, too much weed, and too much bar food fighting it out inside me making me want to die right now and its only 5:30 PM

5. TheBolivianSniper

Also to add to the shit pile that was yesterday, I keep getting messages about my ESP that I'm asking too much for an LTD and I'm fucking stupid for looking for higher end trades with it.

LTD elite is literally fucking EII before 2013 and I'm getting blocked on Facebook and shit for it.

?????

6. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Fuck them. Just reply with Big Lebowski quotes. No one ever catches it. Amazes me because the film is great.

TheBolivianSniper likes this.
  7. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Yes

The power of branding

Old ESP logo SS +30% to 50% value vs. E-II

Transition LTD Elite logo -30% to 50% value vs. E-II

TheBolivianSniper likes this.
  8. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

don’t worry bro. Given how you communicate you would have given yourself up anyway. Just do a good job

Also you have weird needy and dependent people in your life. You should fix that. Like they aren’t paying you. Why do you care if their vacation is ruined. Fuck em.

Oh I need a story.

a quarter of my employees took the morning off sick this morning.
    Listen you assholes I can’t hold our weekly meetings when a quarter of you are missing.

9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Not sure if this was a weird jab or something...? I'm not that argumentative.

You're not wrong. I think I've always assumed that's just what people are in general, and that I'm the odd one out.

10. TheBolivianSniper

Well there's now a buying and selling shitshow on reverb since someone messaged me and we agreed on a price and someone went off and bought it full price before the other guy paid since I couldn't ship it to him the day we agreed and I forgot to take down the listing.

And the guy who sold me my sax is being a straight up asshole and saying I broke it and it's fragile after a shitty repair I spent a week babying broke when my repair guy took a look at it. Literally talking down to me. It's literally my fucking job. And that's after a weekend of terrible shipping issues already, being insulted for my ESP, and losing more money.

11. TheBolivianSniper

update he gave me money but still denies blame so I think the store he took it to broke the key, resoldered it, and never told him

I wrote an essay's worth of apology and hope his day gets better

and the other guy who bought it responded and said it's chill but I'm waiting for the other guy to confirm before he refunded, also reverb took a shitload of money????? I put $80 in shipping to cover insurance and that totaled to $930, my payout was listed at $856. Should've been only $430 gone. What even

12. Spaced Out Ace

7.50 times 9 is 67.50.

13. TheBolivianSniper

Isn't it 5% though? That's what I'm lost about bc reverb says at the top of the site now it's 5%, am I being a dumbass?

14. Spaced Out Ace

5% for one part of the fees. The other part is 2.5%. It was 3.5+2.5% but they increased 3.5 to 5.

15. TheBolivianSniper

Oh damn I didn't even realize, I'd only sold little stuff on there, this is the most I've ever made off the site.

Thanks man!

16. Spaced Out Ace

And the 2.5% includes everything, including sales tax. So not only are you likely to pay shipping/insurance (because a lot of people want free shipping, and the option to filter for such doesn't help), fees, taxes (because they'll haggle with you so that the end cost essentially covers most of their taxes), but the 2.5% fee also covers all of the cost including taxes. It means that we have to cover more and more on the sellers end, or raise our prices. Except, if we raise our prices, we are getting closer to "won't sell" / "brand new price" territory. It's frustrating.

17. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula A series of interconnected fortune cookies.

Are these new fees the result of some kind of gentlemen’s agreement with eBay or something? I understand that sellers need to raise listing prices to compensate, but lately as I browse pedals on Reverb I keep finding myself thinking “for another $15 I can get a new pedal with warranty and free returns.” Not to mention there have been multiple times now when I’ve been able to find a new pedal that with a coupon code was cheaper than any on Reverb.

Plus most of the time if I try to negotiate with someone listing close to new price I get a counteroffer that’s only a few bucks off the original price, sometimes with a higher shipping charge to compensate. :lol: And it’s not like I’m lowballing. Usually offering 85-90% and hoping to meet in the middle. I get that the situation sucks for sellers too but lately it seems like it’s on the verge of not making sense for anyone.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  18. Spaced Out Ace

I've been dealing with people who basically want me to pay their shipping and their taxes. It is pretty obnoxious to deal with. If I meet 50% in the middle, and they haggle again, I automatically decline it. Reverb has claimed that "we" asked for more CS (despite the fact that still, half the time when I contact them through their help thing on the site, it goes to an email unless it is between a rather small window), and they've been doing "the most business" during this time, and still have the nerve, despite people selling shit in a lot of cases because they NEED the money, to increase their fees. After I sell all I need to sell, Reverb can suck it hard.

19. TheBolivianSniper

Yeah I'm selling out of desperation and $70 is a fucking lot of money when you've got $200 in the checking right now. Fortunately the buyer agreed to a PP friends and family with some photo proof of me sending it so reverb can suck it and you can damn well bet I'll use their site to advertise only.

20. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula A series of interconnected fortune cookies.

Thanks for the reply. Yikes. Starting to sound like they’re risking more and more of the positive sentiment people used to have for them to leverage this crisis for profit.

I wonder if part of “people wanted more CS” has to do with more delivery issues happening with couriers being under additional strain. Or does that predate Covid?

I’ve got some gear that needs to go but Reverb is looking more and more like an eBay-level last resort. Problem is, I don’t think I’ll get much for a Taylor nylon on the classifieds here or on other forums I frequent.:lol: