Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

You mean that isn't you 30 years ago?

2. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

That is why you are mad?

3. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

No. But it's definitely my future.

Yes. All this time I've been living a lie and my real father is out there. The heavy chains, Dean guitars, lots of leather, questionable fashion sense.

It all makes sense now.

watson503, XPT707FX and Seabeast2000 like this.
  4. Daemoniac

Daemoniac Rivethead Magnate. Contributor

I special ordered a couple of cartons of Diet Dr Pepper (which is hard to get in Australia) and it is exactly as good as I had hoped. It is, however, poisonously expensive, so will not be a regular thing...

5. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

I think I just blew a final job interview... for something that was already close to being a formality if only I hadn't fumbled it.

2.5 hours of teleconference including a 1 hour shared-screen translation test where I was supposed to comment on everything I was doing and why (SOOO distracting and weird, totally threw me).

Ended up having a missing comma one place and a spare comma in another, one of their guys asks me to name and quote some rule on comma placement as per a school curriculum textbook that I never took on account of schooling on another continent than him.... I'm like "NAME of the rule? No clue". Guy seemed genuinely horrified at this travesty. Yikes.

And I caught a dyslexic moment and spelled march as "may".

All because the whole talking at people I can't see who are watching my face and my screen while trying to think is damn unnerving and distracting.

....well, shit.

6. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Dread it, run from it....

I was just about to finally have my rig completed. Pedal board almost finished, figuring out what recording solution and midi switcher I wanted, Invective retubed with KT88's, I get laid off. Job is downsizing.

Spending is on hold and it's back to job hunting. I was so close.

Adieu likes this.
  7. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Maybe get an infinium Bugera 6262?

It's pretty much a self-biasing 6505+ with mix and match plug and play any tube that fits the socket.... should get you close for like 1/6th the cost

8. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Shit dude; that sucks. I hate how job interviews are always so much more stringent than the actual job. Especially since there's already that faux-public speaking element in place. Not a lot of people excel and are capable of showing you their best work when you put them in such a high-stress situation, especially one that doesn't accurately reflect the day to day responsibilities of the position...and the worst part is you beat yourself up over small mistakes you know you wouldn't have made otherwise.

Thankfully though, a lot of interviewers are aware of that- so here's hoping things still come together for ya. I just had to run a series of webinars for my job and I know what you mean, it's super disorienting explaining everything that you're doing for people you can't see and who aren't "there". Never "uhh"d and "sooo"d so much in my life. :lol:

Adieu likes this.
  9. FILTHnFEAR

FILTHnFEAR Dread it, run from it....

Oh, I already own the Invective, but I was about to order some KT88's for it, and all this other stuff before I lost my job. They're kinda pricey compared to 6l6's.

But I have another job in the works already so I'll have all this before too long.

Thanks, man!

10. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Ordered Cynic's "Focus" on vinyl, signed by Paul. An opened empty box showed up instead. Emailed pictures to the Cynic store and waiting for a response.

Update: got a response, they're shipping a new one out in the morning.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    p0ke likes this.
  11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire sso's unofficial pickup hoarder

I"m sick of trying to find a decent 4x12 in my area, so I think I'm just going to build one out of maple.

Adieu likes this.
  12. MFB

MFB Banned

That signature was so non-existent it might as well have been traced in air!

ImNotAhab, Demiurge and BlackMastodon like this.
  13. Kaura

Kaura single-coils do djent!

It's just one of those days...

Someone at work had the fucked up idea to put the toiletbrush into the sink (along with the bottom part) so to wash my hands I tried to lift the whole thing with one arm and the bottom part fell on the floor and the (literal) shit water splashed all over the toilet. Luckily, somehow I was unharmed.

Then, I got home and decided to bake a panini in the oven. All well until it was time to get the panini out. I started pulling the metal grill (that the panini was sitting on top of) out but the upper bun of the panini flipped over and fell to the bottom of the oven. Panicking, I grabbed it and put it pack on the baking paper. Then I tried to lift the baking paper with my hands but it ripped and the whole fucking thing fell apart between the oven door and the oven itself.

All I could do was sigh, crack open a beer and order some food.

Adieu likes this.
  14. MFB

MFB Banned

I moved back in January, four and a half years later after having to move back in after finished my B.S., eight months before I turned thirty which was my absolute max of "if I'm still here at thirty, then I might as well kill myself," type scenario. Four months earlier, back in August of 2019, I started going to a 24 hour gym and went from running two and a half miles (elliptical, but whatever) in roughly thirty minutes, up to five miles in just a hair under thirty-eight minutes; I've never been a fan of cardio, and to see those numbers was staggering at the time but I felt great about it because here I was doing these runs to a fucking schedule, like clockwork my parents would see me leave the house around 9:45, and I'd be back around 12:15AM.

When I moved, I lost access to that gym because now instead of being thirty-three miles from my work, I'm about seven; and I tried one of the local gyms that was open later, but it was too small, too crowded, and a shitty environment. I didn't get to try the other one on the opposite side before Corona hit, but today was my first time going to that, and what could I do? One fucking mile with a mask on. One motherfucking mile, in 9:11, with a god damn mask on. I feel like everything I did in those four months of 2019 was completely invalidated and never even happened. I get that Corona is a totally unexpected thing, and blah blah something like this shouldn't happen, but it doesn't change the numbers I just saw either. I made good strides at work by moving, and now I'm looking to move to an even better place still within this city so I can keep access to the gym, but knowing I'm starting at square fucking one after all that and seeing those numbers? Fuck all this. Fuck trying.

15. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Use the great outdoors, around sunrise.

No mask no gym no bullshit exercise equipment no corona.

Drive along a route and watch your odometer or use map software to lay a route.

16. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Hey man I wouldn’t be so hard on yourself about it. I think I read somewhere it takes you three months to get back one month off. Even if I skip a few days or a few weeks there’s no way I can jump back where I left off. Hell, I hurt my ribs/back about two months ago, so I had to take some time off. Well, our neighbor is a fitness instructor and she had a BODYWEIGHT bootcamp thing at our amenities center and I thought I was going to fucking die and my buddy who went with me that runs 50 miles a week stopped halfway through, puked, and thought he was going to black out.

So sorry for the long winded side line there, but the point is, jump back into it. Your numbers will be horrible but I think you’ll find you’ll get back to where you want sooner than you think.

XPT707FX likes this.
  17. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire sso's unofficial pickup hoarder

dude running on an elliptical just doesn't translate well to running for real, don't beat yourself up.
    Plus cardio endurance is weird, it doesn't stick around like muscular strength. It's very much use it or lose it. I did cross country for years and nothing beats actually running outside (besides maybe swimming laps) for pure cardio. I've had times where I would get the flu and quit running for a week, then be putting up horrible splits compared to before I was sick. Same thing with when I'd go on vacation and not run for a few weeks.

Adieu and Seabeast2000 like this.
  18. MFB

MFB Banned

That 9:11 time was still back on the elliptical, I've had spurts where I train on treadmill and my running is about 3mph less, so I know where I stand if I were to "really" run. I've been sore as shit since my muscular strength is also out the window, so it's 3 sets of 10 until I can go back to 15/10/5 sets as well, while trying to rebuild my cardio. I can't speak for just how much I abhor running outside, especially right now where it's extremely humid while being in the mid-80's/low-90s, then coming home to trek up to the 3rd floor where the heat rises to be the exact same inside as outside.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  19. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I'm bout to show Seymour Duncan my WAP.

W(here)
    A(re my motherfucking)
    P(ickups?)

20. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Just keep it classy mmkay?