Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Yeah, that about covers it.
    Brazilian vein waxing.

2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

New name for my Glam Metal project. Patent pending.

redkombat, Ordacleaphobia and Xaios like this.
  3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Y'all Canadians have a weird name for masturbating.

BlackMastodon and Xaios like this.
  4. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

Somebody apparently cloned my card and tried using it in Houston. The transactions got denied, thankfully, but now I have to sit on hold so I can talk to someone from my bank about getting a new card issued.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  5. redkombat

redkombat Tree Whore

bro i think you just need to get a girl whos willing to beat up girls for you. maybe import one from Atlanta? this is the type of shit that pisses me off too

GoldDragon likes this.
  6. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

Weak people act like dicks because there is no chance they will get their ass kicked.

The only thing you can do these days is shame them.

redkombat, XPT707FX and Seabeast2000 like this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I tried to place an order online from Memory Express about a month ago for some things that would have hopefully made working at home more comfortable, but nothing has shipped. There used to be an "allow up to two weeks" message, which made some sense, all things considered. That time passed, and the message changed to four weeks. No email or anything to let me know. We're getting reaaaally close to end of that four weeks and I'm not convinced it's ever going to ship.

I've since tried to contact them to get some kind of status and get no replies. I've tried to contact them via their facebook and their website, and have heard nothing back in over week. I tried to phone them and they've shut the phone lines down with a message to email instead. The best I can do now is cancel the charge from my bank, but trying to get through to their customer service is going to be painful. For all I know it arguably doesn't count as "an emergency" either, so I have no idea if they're just going to tell me to eat the loss or something in the mean time.

8. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

I'm not mad, but you should be if you were looking for a small practice amp.

MF had the Line6 DT25 112 combo as a SDOTD for $349 (reg 999). It sold out in less than an hour.

9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Missing out on a Line 6 deal is what I like to call dodging a bullet. :lol:

I kid. Mostly. :lol:

Mostly, I just mean to say it's only a good deal if you'd have considered buying it in the first place, IMO.

GoldDragon and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  10. GoldDragon

GoldDragon SS.org Regular

Lol. I saw that on TGP.

That amp has four basic digital tones (from HD era) and just because it has the Bogner name on it, doesnt mean its a great amp. Its a chinese tube amp fwiw.

Honestly, I bet a Katana 112 at 350 is a better buy. They blew it out because its only worth 350.

Lots of guys with a stimulus check bought it thinking they can enjoy it for a month and flip it for more. If you check out ebay sold listings, you will see the combo was selling for 350 or less. With them being blown out that price will only go down.

USMarine75 likes this.
  11. BlackMastodon

Started some spring cleaning a few months ago and put a few things on Ebay to help declutter and get some cash. First time selling on Ebay and didn't know about the final value fee until now. Had I known ahead of time I would've bumped the prices of the items up a little bit, or made the buyer pay shipping.

I offered free shipping on the items since I work in the US and can easily bring the items over and ship them after work, but because of COVID I can't cross over and ate the cost of shipping them internationally from Canada.

So fuck me, I guess.

bostjan likes this.
  12. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Live and learn, I guess. Hope it wasn't too important. (ie, that every dollar meant a lot with regards to either eating or starving, having a place to stay or not, etc.)

If so, my apologies.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  13. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I know the location of a secret prohibition-era tunnel under the Detroit River if you get really desperate. :lol:

redkombat likes this.
  14. BlackMastodon

Nah luckily it wasn't any sort of make or break sale, just small things and a small inconvenience. Like you said, live and learn.

This tunnel you speak of, I'm hoping it's not the one I commute daily because I have some bad news: they know about it.

bostjan and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  15. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Oh, well, umm, if they found it, then I have no idea that it exists!

16. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

My cat got it in its head that the birds outside my flat are more important than risking the wrath of his human. As soon as the birds start making any sound outside, he's at the window, scratching at the window, meowing, until I start getting angry, then he jumps up into the bed, lays down at my side and starts purring. As soon as he thinks I'm back asleep, he's back at the window. He's fully aware that he's not supposed to do that, but being a cat, as long as law enforcement is asleep, there is no law. I still love him, greatest cat in the world and all, but waking up around 5 am every single day when my normal sleeping rhythm on off-days says "2 am to 10 am"... fuck those birds, really. And he's yet to clumsy to catch them (and, just being neutered, not allowed to go outside for some more days anyways)

BlackMastodon likes this.
  17. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

Watching an amp on reverb. Was overpriced at $750 for awhile, but he dropped to $450. I hesitated and someone snagged at $350.

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire sso's unofficial pickup hoarder

literally been waiting 6 months for some pickups to ship from guitarmory. I'm pretty patient but this is fucking absurd

19. Kaura

Kaura single-coils do djent!

Just got my old desktop pc back from my parent's garage where it spent the last 1,5 years. Not surprisingly, it won't turn on now. Didn't really have much use for it anyway but I could've at least sold some of the parts. But now it's just $1500 down the drain.

20. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire sso's unofficial pickup hoarder

you could still dismantle it sell parts from it. bet it's just an issue with the power supply