Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Try tilting your head back in a hot shower with your jaw completely relaxed and open. Try to breathe deeply and yawn as well. Might help.

2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

My car's check engine light came on a couple weeks ago. Looked into what the problem was with a mechanic and now I'm searching up stuff online for this problem. The problem is so common that VW extended the warranty for replacing the intake manifold up to 120k miles. My car is at 126k miles. Fuck me I guess. :noplease:

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  3. Boofchuck

Boofchuck SS.org Irregular

Some of the people at my university have their heads so far up their ass I'm sick of it. I've been fighting the beaurocracy for days and it's totally draining me. Fucking Ticks and Leeches.

4. Furtive Glance

Furtive Glance "Snaaaake!!!"

I hate applying for jobs. That shit where it pulls from your resume and auto-fills everything inevitably ALWAYS fucks up. And don't get me started on cover letters.

5. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

My pet peeve is the timed assessments that they use to filter who gets an initial call back- that you can't retake.
    Shit happens, dude. When you're giving me a 30 question assessment and limiting me to 2 minutes per answer, it's entirely possible I am going to have to miss a couple. This type of thing is supposed to be done by appointment, after pre-selection. Not to mention the fact that if you're applying to one of these, 20 to 1 you have a job already. So that's ~10 hours a day off the table. God help you if you have kids. Time the whole exam if you need to time it.

6. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

[rant]
    So, we had an election lately in one of our "states", and the result was complete rubbish, 30% for the extreme left, 23% for the extreme right, 20% for the slightly right, 8% for the slightly left, 5% for the green party & 5% for the liberal party... (for those aware of the political situation in Germany, I am very much aware of the fact that I might be slightly exagerating things, and you can look up the results of the election in Thüringen/Thuringia for yourself, but I don't think I'm being misleading or lying here, just simplifing) since this is Germany, everyone was like "nah, we'll never work with the extreme right, no fucking way!". They still say that. Problem is... those parties now had to agree on a candidate for prime minister. Obviously, the left nominated their candidate, so did the right. Since no one dared to openly support the extreme right, and neither the slightly right nor the liberals could be bothered to vote for the extreme left, they found themselves at a stalemate. Until the Liberal Party decided to nominate a candidate of their own for no apparent reason and with obviously no chance of winning anything, since the only ones that would go with them, apparently, where the slightly right. That guy is now prime minister of that state because exactly every single representative of the extreme right voted for him and exactly no one voted for their OWN candidate.
    Now, obviously, none of this was planned in advance. Right? Right.... And slightly right and liberal continue to claim that they will not ever work with the extreme right. But... the prime minister belongs to the smallest party in the local parliament. And they can't do anything, literally nothing, without votes from either the extreme left, which they will not get, or the extreme right, which they claim to not want.
    And the very same politicians in those parties endlessly tell the media that they don't understand why the public doesn't trust them, why more and more people think their voice does, in fact, NOT matter. Especially the politicians in mentioned "slightly right" and "slightly left" parties, who have ruled Germany since 1949 and until very recently easily got a combined 60% or more of the votes. "Why don't people trust us?" Because you're a bunch of lying shitcunts. Usually, they tried to somehow veil that, but this is so disgustingly obvious...
    To make this clear, I'm not mad because of who won this election. After all, I don't agree with the extreme left and I agree even less with the extreme right, so it was basically a lose-lose-situation from the get-go. It's because how obviously those people don't give a shit about what those who voted for them wanted. If they had, before the election, openly admitted that they were open for a coalition with the extreme right and now they would have done that, fine. Not what I had hoped for, but that's "democracy". Maybe I am right and the majority there is stupid, or I am stupid and the majority there is right, who am I to judge? But that is not what happened. Every single voter who voted for those two parties was repeatedly being told they would never work with the extreme right. In fact, the new prime minister said exactly that just after the extreme right made him prime minister by voting, every single one of them, for him and AGAINST their own candidate. You can't make that shit up...
    [/rant]

7. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

I bought a Squier active iv as a project bass. The neck was bowed so bad I could have could have joined the fellowship but I thought I could save it.
    A few weeks of weights seemed to help. I thought some truss rod washers may help too so I went to out humpty back together then bam. The truss rod thread disintegrated. Must have tightened it too much but it still seemed to have some play.

Long story short the neck is buggered. Shame too, I really liked the look of the ebanol fretboard.

8. Kobalt

Kobalt SS.org Regular

I'm 31, and I'm still JUST accepting the fact that income taxing is just one confusing license to steal the population, and it's endlessly infuriating... Like, give me a fucking break! Being a hobo is illegal but please, please just take all of my hard earned money, I simply don't need it to live a normal life.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  9. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Taxation is theft.™

What's been driving me batty though is my escrow account for my mortgage. It's either property taxes or homeowners insurance, but one of them goes up by $400 every single year. Now, since they pay the bills and it's, you know, the entire purpose of the account, you'd think the bank would adjust for this. They never do. So every single year come tax return time, I get a nice fat $400 bill for an escrow deficit. Au revoir, tax return. Then of course two weeks later they increase my monthly payment by like $50 due to 'reassessing' these expenses- so you'd think it's handled, right? You thought. 100% come next year, your happy ass is gunna get another $400 bill. Fuckers. I bet you I could deposit $400 into that escrow account right now and I'll still get billed for a $400 deficit again next year.

10. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

^^^ Makes me a little nauseated to read that. As a new homeowner preparing to see an increase in our propery taxes this year... just awful.

Aaaand... I hate these damned ppl that decide to tell you all their unfortunate issues that lead up to why they can't pay for the items that you sold them. Fuck... I have issues too... a lot of em! But god damn I don't go around and try to use these things in order to delay paying for shit. Tell me UP FRONT if you can't pay me till next month. Yeah... I prob wouldn't have sold you the shit but maybe I would've... never know. And at least I'll respect you for being honest with me! Fact is that your character and your integrity just took a complete nose dive with me. Assholes.

11. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Seems like the loan processor screwed up. If the numbers aren't right, and you haven't been making a ton of improvements to the property or other miscellaneous stuff, chances are your escrow numbers weren't calculated right before or at closing. This can happen if the assessment was out of date or they only went off the insurance quote and not the live premium.

The fact that the deficit is close to the same amount is fairly telling.

You shouldn't have to wait for tax season to find this out. Your escrow account should have been charged before the new year. Your deficit might not even be $400, you could be paying a fee as the bank is floating you the deficit amount. These fees can be steep.

I doubt it's tax related unless you've done a ton to your property year over year (additions, etc.). In WI the effective property tax rate is over twice CA, and if I don't think I'd ever see a $400 bump without practically doubling square footage. Even with $20k in improvements I was only reassessed an additional $200/yr.

12. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Took the day off to sign for my Balaguer but fedex is gonna fedex.

Kobalt likes this.
  13. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I haven't played electric in a long time. Played yesterday for 10 minutes and somehow doing so fucked-up my left shoulder. Because of course it would.

14. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Stretch and warm up.

15. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

^I guess I have to start doing that. I wasn't even laying down the hott lixx, I was just testing out a practice amp with a few cowboy chords and kindergarten-level pentatonics.

16. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

This has nothing to do with the loan processor. The escrow accounts are adjusted annually at this time of year, and the deficit is to cover the gap between the required escrow balance and the expected lowest month balance. State rules mandate the required minimum balance, and it is typically twice the monthly tax and insurance premium.

17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Learn something new all the time. Thank you.

I'll have to see what WI's rules are. I can't remember a payment like that on either houses out here.

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pointy Gang™

COD MW keeps crashing on me in the middle of multiplayer matches. It's so damn annoying.

19. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

Have a gig on March but the venue decided to cancel every show from today to undefined date because of "bureaucratic issues".