Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

The saga has taken a rather grim turn. :lol:

The906 likes this.
  2. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

Alright folks, I know you're having fun but let's exercise some restraint.

3. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

My nephew got blind sided with a punch and ended up with a fractured skull a few days ago. He's only just turned 18 and the thug that did it is in his 30's. I'm not one for vigilante justice but my blood is boiling. Guy who did it has previous including glassing someone in the face. I'll let the courts handle it.

Hollowway likes this.
  4. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

ie, probably more lenient sentencing so this dickhead can continue being exactly what he is: a useless dickhead.

lewis, Hollowway and IbanezDaemon like this.
  5. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Agreed! That's if it even makes it to court. We have lots of witnesses to the assault but nobody is willing to make a statement as they are all scared of repercussions. Guy has lots of previous including assaulting females.

6. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Went out drinking with my three best buddies yesterday, got home and noticed I don't have my keys. I had attached them to the car keys earlier, so I knew they were inside right next to the door. So I went to get the spare key, and it wasn't there :wallbash:
    So I call my wife, luckily she was still awake and came to open the door. But now I'm feeling really paranoid, as I have no clue where the key is or who has it... Might have to change the locks :(

7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Update: found it. It was on the ground near the door. The key is quite blackened so it was hard to spot in the gravel.

Ordacleaphobia, ImNotAhab and The906 like this.
  8. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I'm sick and tired of being in a city where Charter is the only actual internet service provider. Sure, there are others, but their speeds and so forth, when it actually fucking works, do not compare. I think it is about time Charter gets their asses handed to them in court for their shady practices, like throttling people's internet so they'll call, get upsold to a "better" package, lied to from stem to stern, and then have to deal with their shitty techs when they get called out to "fix" something.

Cannot go a single fucking month since August or July without having to call these moronic clowns out to fix something. Pretty pathetic.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I was supposed to rent a U Haul truck today to move stuff from a storage unit. I rented it last week on the phone. Then last night I get a text right after they close that I have to pick up the truck not where I rented it, but 20 miles away. I called, and they said that whoever rented it that day didn't return it to the correct location. I said I have a reservation for my town, though. They said I still have the reservation, but they just switched cities. They also told me I have to pay 99 cents a mile to drive it from the new location back to my city, and then back to where it is. They said they can't waive the mileage. I told the lady that's like having a reservation at a restaurant and being told you still have the reservation, but it's at a different restaurant. And you have to pay them more to go to the other one. After an hour of being transferred to different departments, and pretty much everyone telling me that, in fact, this is the way the system works, I just said fuck it and canceled the reservation. It blows my mind how companies can still get away with shitty customer service when so many other companies are disrupting industries. It won't be long before there's an Amazon Truck Rental, or an Uber of truck rentals. Absolute piece of shit company, U Haul is.

cwhitey2, aesthyrian, sirbuh and 3 others like this.
  10. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

Finally got around to installing some auxiliary horns on my truck yesterday only to find out after an hour-and-a-half of making the wiring harness and getting every installed, that the horns I bought (a few months back unfortunately) are both junk. Dead. Zero resistance according to the voltmeter. And I didn't even buy some no name ebay specials either. At least payday is this week so I'll be able to order some new ones.

11. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

no Trainhorn man?

12. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

I drive a truck, but it's far from a bro truck.

13. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

That is an absolutely hilarious joke. You should thank them for bringing some laughter back into your life.

cwhitey2, XPT707FX and Hollowway like this.
  14. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

U-Haul is probably one of the worst companies in the world. Absolute garbage customer service and the products are so hit or miss that it in no way makes up for it. It's as if an ISP and an American based airline were in a competition to see how poorly they could serve their customers.

I refuse to use them. I highly suggest you look into both Budget and Penske. Fewer locations, and they don't have as many accessories, but the fleets are more reliable and the service is worlds better. Heck, head down to Home Depot and see if they have rentals, so have pickups and box trucks available.

Sorry you had to deal with them. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Hollowway likes this.
  15. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know Budget rented trucks. I'll give those guys a call. And interesting about HD - I wasn't aware they rented anything other than pickups.

16. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Maybe it's regional with Home Depot. Over here they partner with a rental company (Penske?) and have a couple of the smaller box trucks/van available.

If you have an HD Pro account or the card I think the first hour or one of the fees is waved.

17. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

My internet is trash. Its 36mbs download speed yet i live in a large large town only 10mins outside the countys main large city

In this day and age i want 100mbs plus. Virgin offer super fast fibre optic which can go to 250mbs a second download speed BUT despite me checking for the last 5 years, they STILL dont offer it in my area.
    The Uk is woefully behind and inept with providing internet properly now.

2020 and 36mbs a second download speed for £30 a month is comically infuriating to me

lurè likes this.
  18. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

Dude, 7mb in download for me.
    My torrents go at 800kb/s when I'm lucky.

Cheers from Cretaceous

BlackMastodon likes this.
  19. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

How do you manage hahaha

lurè likes this.
  20. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

:lol:

Not very high speed here either though - I'm running 4G at 100/50 which is mostly around 70/40 irl. It's enough for Netflix and stuff but downloading games from Xbox Live takes ages. It's surprisingly stable though.
    I could have up to 10Gb fibre optic, but I'd have to pay 2k€ for the initial connecting (my house already has the cables but the previous owner never payed the starting fee) + around 200€/month (less for normal speed ones though, I think 100/100 is like 29€/month). So I'm staying at 4G for now, since it costs me 16€/month.
    First world problem, anyone? :lol: