Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I went to bed early, and one of the auctions I was watching ended. A Soldano SLO went for about $950...

ImNotAhab likes this.
  2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Thy Fart is Murder

dayumm, did the seller not know what those are worth? :lol:

3. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

It looked like some sort of general thrift store operation, not a guitar store. But yea, I saw a SLO on the same site go for $3800 last week so, but the way things work here is all the prices ramp up in the last couple hours, so when the SLO was still at ~$900 yesterday morning I still figured it was a lost cause. And I already have a SLO so wasn't really paying attention to it.

Missed out on a budget Rev D recto and a SLO in the same week. Gotta be more vigilant...

4. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

This has been just a fucked up week all around, and for a bunch of other people I know as well. Not one of those major things, just a bunch of small “if it can go wrong, it will” kind of things.

All right fine you talked me in to listing some stuff...

-Older son gets sprayed in the eye by a stick bug and we rush him to ER. Next day he burns arm in crock pot. Day after that sprains foot jumping off couch. Day after that has 105 temp. Day after that ear infection.

-I throw my back out TURNING LEFT AT A LIGHT WHILE DRIVING. TURNING LEFT

-Kids get glitter all over upstairs couch for school project so I take dust buster to clean it up and it’s broken

-Issues selling a house 4 states away

-Everyone in the house gets a cold

5. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

Well last week was a wild ride.

- Car's DPF threw up 6 faults (my fault for ignoring it for so long) and put the car into limp mode. Took it to the garage for an oil & filter change + DPF unclog, 5 mins down the road the engine warning light flashes up again.

- A minute after my car went into limp mode I manage to rear end someone at a junction to the motorway. Saw a gap, looked at them and they began rolling, looked for another gap, saw a gap and accelerated, looked forward and they were dead still infront of me. :facepalm: Luckily nobody was hurt and the damage to my car was minimal, their car however.. bumper completely caved, boot's caved and part of the chassis is sticking through the bumper.

- New apartments bath is leaking into the apartment below.

Gimme a break... :pissed:

6. astrocreep

astrocreep SS.org Regular

UK politics.

7. KnightBrolaire

I couldn't figure out why my avalanche run wasn't working. I read the manual which said I needed a 1 amp 9v DC power supply minimum, and the only one I have right now is a cheap 100mA AC supply. Guess I'll get to actually play with the pedal in a couple of days :lol:

8. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

Nvm, you buy used? It's sold with a PS.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  9. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Jeez, what a resource hog.

10. KnightBrolaire

yeah it needs 450mA minimum, so they recommend 1 amp.

11. KnightBrolaire

Went to ship a guitar and fedex never emailed me the shipping label
    Then when I finally get a shipping label after talking to customer suport, the manager at the drop off point says the box looks too beat up to ship and refuses to ship it even though I've used the exact same setup in the past (multiple boxes spliced into one and nigh impenetrable due to all the tape). I got pissed off, canceled the label, bought another through ups. Then they can't fuckin scan the label I printed off, so I have to go home and print another. I drive back home, print another, drive back to the ups store, nope they still can't fuckin scan it. I go home, my ink cartridge is dead. Now I have to fucking drive to office depot and buy another. Oh guess what, I bought the wrong one, now I have to go exchange it, then drive home, print the label and then drive back to finally drop off the guitar.
    I am fucking furious to say the least.
    A process that normally takes me 15 mins has taken nearly 3 fucking hours due to all the driving/dicking around

Ordacleaphobia and The906 like this.
  12. Spaced Out Ace

And all this just so you can buy more boutique pickups...

I think I would've just said fuck it and gave dude the refund.

13. KnightBrolaire

I like testing pickups, it's fun for me. :shrug:
    Mama didn't raise no quitter. A whiner, yes, but not a quitter. :lol:

PunkBillCarson likes this.
  14. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

Color laser printer. Do it.

15. Spaced Out Ace

:lol:

16. KnightBrolaire

yeah, that might have prevented this bullshit :lol:

The906 likes this.
  17. mike1033

mike1033 SS.org Regular

I'm pissed the fuck off today because I've finally been told that kaiser is not going to help me in any way for my Patulous Eustachian Tubes, I'm not really sure where to go from here, my doctor is going to call tomorrow but I'm not optimistic. This condition has a stranglehold on my life right now, any of you guys dealt with this at all? All comments/advice is appreciated.

18. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

State of gaming.
    Absolute joke.

My friends are all into paying for monthly subscriptions. Xbox live, ea access, the game pass thing.
    And 3 of them have debts.......

Like am i the only one who hates the state of modern gaming and remains entirely sensible with it all?
    Microtransactions, loot boxes, paid dlc?
    Who willingly goes along with all this bollocks - especially if you are paying off debts.

Games releasing that dont work. Fifa 20, nba2k20, wwe 2k20 etc etc. (There are too many to list)

We are buying £300 consoles then paying top dollar for basically only 50% of a game. Then made to pay more to unlock the other half the game - whilst waiting for patches to fix broken stuff they didnt anticipate etc
    Then we have to pay to use the internet we are already paying to have?

The entire operation is one gigantic con job.
    I completely out of principal refuse to embrace and back this entire operation.
    I made the stance to be a completely offline gamer and where i can, buy games used in good condition until things change.

For me gaming went downhill the second the internet was the primary focus. Look how utterly amazing the game catalog was and how high of a standard they all were too, on previous consoles where online was either not a thing - or so new games were not involved.

I watched a dude play about 20 games in fifa 20 ultimate team.
    How absolutely boring and samey is that shit?
    Every game is just a boring endless end to end match. No realism or enjoyment whatsoever. Victories seemed hollow to because after the match win lose or draw, you move onto the next mind numbingly boring encounter where it plays out identically to the previous 10 games.

Who the hell willingly pays for this shit?
    These same people who have made game companies rich despite being lazy asf now, are the same guys who complain the standard of gaming has slipped...

Like duh...
    Stop supporting this tripe then??

AxeHappy and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

As someone who works in that industry....
    Yeah, I feel ya.

Would I go as far as "con job"? Nah, I don't think that's what it is. There's reasons for why gaming is in the state it's in. It sucks, but it's that way for a reason. And it's trying to get out of that rut. Give it time. I think gaming can become something cool again.

Ordacleaphobia and lewis like this.
  20. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Really interested to hear proper stories about the industry if you are allowed to?
    Maybe a specific thread on it?

I hope it returns to its former glory but i feel the public are as big of a problem as some companies. (For the reasons listed above)