Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Root canal: least shitty part of my day.

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

My accounting final exam glitched out. Ring able to select questions, and now I'm locked out and only got through about 20 out of 63 questions. Because WileyPLUS fucking sucks. I've carried an A through the entire semester and will be pissed if it ends with a dud because of a glitch. Emailed my professor to hope he can let me back into the exam since it's not due until Thursday night anyway, but it's 10 pm here and I doubt hell answer tonight, so I'll probably have anxiety about it until tomorrow.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Goddamned kids kept me awake again last night. I'd just fallen asleep again at 5.20 and then my wife's son comes and says he had a bad dream. Bit my lip really hard holding back not to say "get back to bed or I'll show you a really bad dream" and managed to just calmly say "please go back to bed, I've gotta go to work in a couple of hours and I really need the sleep". Then roughly 10 min later I hear my daughter shouting and I go and check - the son put all the lights on and left all doors open and was snoring in his bed. Luckily the daughter fell asleep again, but I was so damned angry, there was no way I could fall asleep again. So now it's 9.30 and I'm basically falling asleep by the computer. And the most maddening thing is that the son is probably still sleeping at home (it's his last day of the summer holiday).
    I'm totally getting revenge when the kids are teenagers and want to sleep 24/7!

BlackMastodon and ImNotAhab like this.
  4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pointy Gang

Just saw a random 900$ charge on my debit card. The fucking bank's customer service is only open on weekdays so I can't even get them to deal with it. I'm going to fucking rip them a new one if this shit goes through.

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Is it just a unsecured bank debit or is there a Visa or Mastercard logo on it? If so, both of those have 24/7/365 security service, even on holidays.

6. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Always gotta be something on Reverb when I DON'T have the money.

7. KnightBrolaire

It's secured by Visa. What's weird is the charge showed up right after I deposited a check inside my bank.. I'm hoping it's some stupid computer error on their part. If not I'm prepared to raise hell and cancel my accounts/cards with them immediately.

8. KnightBrolaire

talked with the bank, their system auto holds any checks over 200 and holds show up as negative amounts which are later credited back.:nuts:

9. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Bought my wife a birthday present (Tales of the Crypt complete series) and it was going to show up tomorrow and Amazon sent a text to our phone saying what it was and all this shit and I did so goddamn good in hiding it from her until now including deleting e-mails and not even telling my friends on Discord. I don't know why but this piled on with the shit day I've had (bad dreams, can't write due to writer's block) I honestly feel like breaking down in tears.

She said she liked it though and she'll get it tomorrow, so saving grace I guess.

AxeHappy likes this.
  10. jaxadam

jaxadam SS.org Regular

Never heard of something like that...

11. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

That's so goddamned annoying. Once I was gonna surprise my wife by taking her to a really nice hotel, and then the hotel sends some damned brochures in the mail a few weeks before... And of course she was picking up the mail that day and realized we were going there (I had told her not to make any plans for that day, so she knew we were going somewhere). So from then on, I always make sure to tell them it's a surprise so don't send anything by mail...

AxeHappy and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  12. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

lmao, that sounds even dumber. Why would they send you brochures if you already had reservations? :lol:
    Too much marketing. At my house I currently get junk mail from the past three owners of the home. One hasn't been there since the 90s. Yet I still get marketing crap for them.

AxeHappy likes this.
  13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

There's so many things that annoy me about companies that send out excessive marketing materials. One insurance company sends me junk mail weekly, along with phone calls and emails, and I've attempted opting out of all of them, to no avail. I will never purchase any of their products.

AxeHappy likes this.
  14. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

They were mostly like "thanks for registering, here's some special deals for you" -kind of brochures and information about the chain's other hotels. Rubbish anyway :lol: So now I always make sure to tell them to send those kinds of things AFTER the reservation date :lol:

15. Kaura

Kaura communism is alive

My foreman just told me that I've been working in the freezer under the wrong task name meaning I haven't received the freezer extra which is about 2,3€/h. And I only work the freezer these days meaning approximately 17€ of lost revenue a day. :mad:

16. NotDonVito

NotDonVito ouch!

Kaura likes this.
  17. Kaura

Kaura communism is alive

Literally me.

I talked about the thing with the office people and they said I should get the money in the next paycheck but I won't believe until I see it.

18. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

No idea how it is over there but I know here in the states that's a sue-able offence if they don't give you the back pay, provided that the higher freezer rate is official company policy.
    I'm sure they'll sort it.

AxeHappy likes this.
  19. Kaura

Kaura communism is alive

Yeah, gotta complain to the union if they try to weazel out of paying since the the freezer rate is indeed official company policy since it's written in the collective labor agreement so they'd be in trouble if they didn't follow it.

AxeHappy likes this.
  20. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd has left the building Contributor

West coast cities that spend lots of time touting how "progressive" they are seem like hardcore closet racist havens....

People are noticeably uncomfortable around anyone not of Eurasian descent for next to no reason. OR they immediately talk to me in rap-speak (without hearing me speak) as though that will help them relate to me better.

When I meet ppl and tell them I work for a big tech company it's always met with "Which call center?" or "Which warehouse?"

Our call center and warehouse workers work too far away to have lunch near the corporate office. That sounds like blatant passive aggressive disrespect and I'm kinda getting tired of it.

Maybe it's just "I'm-not-racist" overcompensation, but to put it in west coast terms, "It comes across hella rude, bro..."

/rant

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019