CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
My boss's boss called me into their office earlier and I didn't think I was in trouble, but just thought I would be thrust into some pointless conversation about things that will never come to be, etc, story for another time. Anyways, they tell me the account I've been handling freight for in an account manager's stead has never been happier with our service and they wanted to thank me for my hard work building a rapport with the people there and saving/making the company a lot of money in the meantime.

And lo and behold they actually did thank me and said I'll now be getting 4 percent of each load's profit from now on, which is no little amount of money, they do hundreds and thousands of loads for us yearly and I get a slice of it all. I'm really happy right now because I haven't been here long, and this account is essentially all I've really handled and now I'm making quite a bit more money for what was essentially not even my job to handle in the first place, I budged my way into a much better position.

soliloquy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I dont exactly know why i'm happy.
But i'm not complaining.

i've found myself in this loop of constant gratitude and happiness.
I am privileged to travel pretty frequently. And each trip for me is kind of like a deep psychedelic trip. I usually go a step further when i travel and ensure i'm on flight-mode all through out, so i have no connection to my life back home. It makes me realize that whatever life i left behind, i was under the impression that all of that will fail without me. Yet here I am, in a foreign land, where I am an absolute no-body to the locals, and yet not only is my world back home still going, but so are all these other countless worlds around me, all simultaneously co-existing.

It does make me feel disconnected from everything, and does make me feel small...but in my small-ness, i also feel connected to something far larger than myself. Sure, on my own, i maybe insignificant, thus my problems and issues are also pretty insignificant...yet together, they all are a part of this universal existence. in my insignificance, i find being connected to this cosmic life that is out there. that....some how makes me super happy.

so i guess i'm happy for no real reason other than 'i think, therefore i am'. Im happy that i'm taking up space. I'm happy i work with tremendous people. Im happy that i get to be the employee/manager/person at work that allows me to be the change that i want to see in the world. I'm happy that change is resonating with people i work with world wide. I'm happy that i'm no longer a slave to the idea of love, or romance (where once i used to chase it and hyper focus on it to the point where i'd ignore everything else around, so long as my relationship was solid).

I'm just chasing bigger things in life now, and i do catch myself more often than not these days of just shedding happy tears. Its a good feeling. Did take me a lot to get here, but i'm so happy i'm here.

Last edited:

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Over the past few months, I have managed to score a 1998, 1992, and 1988 insulated Aladdin/Stanley thermos from thrift stores. The 98 and the 92 unfortunately were no longer insulating properly, the 98 had a cheaper chromed plastic cap/cup on it (which if I'd noticed in the store it never would've come home), and the 88 had no stopper, half a broken handle, and a very beat-up stainless cup.

The 1988 still insulates perfectly, go figure. By cannibalizing the other two I have managed to put together a perfectly functional thermos that absolutely smokes the bullshit being sold at the stores these days, all for just $25 and a little persistence.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
nothing deep or whatever, I just happen to really like the Nazgul in my 070. Moreso than the m7 in my other 070

thrashcomics

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am one step away from a major promotion at work that would make me one of the people steering the ship at a super iconic brand as well as enough money to finally comfortably live alone in NYC.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Came to the office for the first time since we moved, almost half a year ago. Really nice place, and only 20 minutes by train to get here, and it's right next to the train station too. Walking to the station takes longer than the rest of the journey, if I start doing this more often I'll definitely ride my bike to the station.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Over the course of a single month, I've obtained two of my absolute dream guitars; both of which, I've been after for six years a piece. Not even kidding. I sent some friends a handful initial content (posts that were dated) from when I began hunting back in 2016.

One guitar was from a single, small run of more than likely 10-15 or less (still digging into whatever facts I can find on the internet), and the other guitar was a custom build. Crazy that I got both of them mere weeks apart after years and years of searching, scouring the internet, asking around forums, putting up posts, setting up notifications, remaining vigilant wherever I could, etc.

I also got a once-in-a-lifetime deal on an amazing custom instrument built to the same specs as the main guitar played by one of my favorite guitarists. (I dropped a teaser post awhile back, I think, in this thread.) I only paid the seller roughly 37% (a little over a third) of the value of a newly commissioned custom build to the same specs from the luthier.

I am over the moon, to say the least.

I would absolutely like to share some NGD threads here on the forum. But after seeing how my last NGD thread went... :shrug:

Last edited:

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Did a 20 mile MTB ride today. No spills but front tire washed out on me 3x on the last mile. No dabs and no witnesses to my stellar recoveries.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Turns out my Alesis Quadraverb isn't broken, I'm just an idiot. Got it all fired up today and dialed in some gorgeous stereo reverb/chorus between my 410 combo and an XR400 (PV kvlt) powering a pair of 412s. Spread the cabs out across the living room and just wow, expansive, delectable swirling soundscapes. The chorus really makes it breathe.

I'm elated to have this unit "working" again. It was the core of my sound and I've had an impossible time trying to replace it. I've got a gig later this month playing soundscapes at a halloween party, I'm going to be part of an installment type situation with some projectors going. Really looking forward to setting the cabs up around the space and making a wild, immersive experience.

I was trying to run two outs of an ABY through the dual in/outs of an EHX 720 looper into the Quadraverb into two amps, the idea being I could send loops to either or both amps and also enjoy lush stereo effects.

It turns out it isn't designed to handle two mono inputs (can any stereo FX do this? would still like to realize the above setup if I can). I had incorrectly concluded one of the outputs was shot because I was getting 100% wet signal and no dry attack from it with the above setup, but it's working like a dream with a mono input. I do wish my original plan had worked but I'm still just over the moon to have this unit back in my toolbox.

Today's lesson: RTFM

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
It turns out it isn't designed to handle two mono inputs (can any stereo FX do this? would still like to realize the above setup if I can).
Basically any Source Audio that's remotely current has extensive routing options when connected to one of their apps.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Basically any Source Audio that's remotely current has extensive routing options when connected to one of their apps.

Cool, I'll look into that when I have $400+ to drop on a pedal :lol:

The quadraverb was free and sounds incredible, so it has that going for it

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just applied for a FT SpEd Aide job with the district. Not my first rodeo, I did it for a year and change right before Covid. I've been avoiding committing to a FT position and just subbing since schools re-opened, but they won't recognize my subbing experience as constituting part of the "two years of experience with at-risk youth" that the job I have my eyes on requires. I understand the reasoning even though I'm confident I can do the job.

So, time to bite the bullet and put in another year.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My sennheiser 650's came in just now. I gave them a quick whirl.
Damn! I thought they'd be pretty good, but they sound amazing. I see now why they're so highly rated.

Super happy I found a refurbished pair and got a good deal on them.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After a confusing and slightly anxiety-inducing text exchange over the last three weeks, I just got confirmation that I will be getting paid to provide soundscapes/drones for a big halloween party on the 29th. I asked for $300 for two hours, expecting to get countered, but as of today they have agreed to my initial terms.

I've been paid that much before so it wasn't a figure I pulled out of my ass, but it's always a gamble on how people will value your art and I was prepared to accept less. I played at a friend's First Friday art opening at their home last month and they liked me so much they asked me to do the party. Feeling pretty awesome right now, it's cool to be validated that people take my art seriously, especially since I don't fit in well at the standard bar/dance party scene.