r33per

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Because I played at the wedding of two friend's who married each other yesterday. Essentially "Rock Ceilidh", turn up the amps, no IEM, and it was glorious. First time in literally years that I've been in the position to do that, and the first gig with my brother since before the 'Rona.

Bride and groom delighted.

Band were awesome. We could have played to an empty room and had fun, but there's something quite nice about helping out friends.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Y'all when I say that I am shook right now, I mean it to the HIGHEST degree. I felt good today, like, light as a feather good stepping on the elliptical, but I never - EVER - could have predicted this was coming; and it's so fucking preposterous that it had to be captured for record.

Absolutely fucking wild. A SUB-40 minute 5 miles for the first time in my life, potentially for the rest of it too.

Attachments

• PXL_20220730_223103938-min.jpg
    PXL_20220730_223103938-min.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
This exists. It's so bad for you but so good!

Kyle's drink monster and punch drywall, Churches drink this and punch concrete IMG_20220801_121905557_HDR.jpg

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Just came back from seeing Plini. Great show even though the spot I standed in sucked and I had to stand on my toes just to get a glimpse of the guy itself. It was cool to see Rabea Massaad coming on stage out of nowhere. Glad I went. But now I have to play the waiting game to see if I caught covid because the place was packed! :ugh:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Played guitar for the first time in a veeeeery long time today. Felt kinda similar to going to a music store back in the day, just grabbing my own guitars off the wall... My RG1527 felt the most natural, which is kinda weird since I've played 6-strings exclusively the last few years... I played through my actual amp too - I didn't even remember what stuff I gotta turn on to get sound out of my rig, it's been that fucking long! I actually thought something was broken until I remembered the signal chain goes through the tuner, so it's gotta be on to get sound :lol: But it was very satisfying in the end.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, is this an excuse to post "Wizard People, Dear Reader"? Why yes, yes it is. Behold, from the genius mind of Brad Neely!

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
My wife finally tested negative for covid today. Granted that these have all but one, been at-home antigen tests but this is the first one ( out of six) that has come back negative since July 27th. She's been back at work since Monday and that's unfortunately kicking her ass but we're really hoping that her minor remaining symptoms ( mild congestion, mild headaches, and tiredness) will soon be behind her. Thanks any and all for your support and kindness.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
A friend offered to drive to the Eläkeläiset and Steve'n'Seagulls show a couple of hours away, so I went. It would've been impossible by public transportation + he has a Tesla so driving there cost literally nothing. Lots of fun, but would've been even better if I'd drunk a bit more.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm stoked for a weird reason. My son (6) FINALLY enjoys tacos. I have been trying since this kid has been able to process hard foods to get him to eat some freaking Mexican food, and FINALLY got him to see the ways and he was laughing and giggling and just smashing down tacos.

He's half Mexican and half his family still live there, we are visiting later this year and really just want him to enjoy his families foods and traditions and finally got the door open!