Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Vinnie played Creatures Fest and it was as bad as I imagined it would be. Ace made a few cracks about there not being a drummer. Lmao!

Kaura

evanesencensencenenist
Reaction score
Almost shat myself when my C-drive suddenly showed only 2Gb of free space when it was 14Gb just a couple of days ago. I had no idea what was wrong since all the folders on the C-drive only added up to like 30Gb (and the full capacity is 55Gb). But luckily the most desperate solution helped and that is rebooting my PC a couple of times and now it's back to healthly 16Gb (since I hastily removed some unused programs). W7 masterrace still lives strong. :lol:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
^ windirstat is your friend when trying to figure out where your disk space is going. Sometimes it doesn't go where you think it's going. Could be Windows using too much swap space. Could be Spotify gobbling up as much as it can get it's hands on for cache. Could be any number of things.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Did a clean out of a foreclosed home with a family member today for some cash. Ended up finding a bunch of old gold rings and a few loose diamonds. Dude has no living relatives and the stuff has been sitting there for years. Mine now lol.

Kaura

evanesencensencenenist
Reaction score
^ windirstat is your friend when trying to figure out where your disk space is going. Sometimes it doesn't go where you think it's going. Could be Windows using too much swap space. Could be Spotify gobbling up as much as it can get it's hands on for cache. Could be any number of things.

Nice. I need to download that if run into the same problem again. :)

Edit: Holy shit, just got extra 11Gb because I deleted some file callled "hiberfil.sys". :O

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
hiberfil.sys

AFAIK that's where Windows saves data to reload when your PC wakes up from hibernation, so if you delete that, hibernation will be basically the same as a full shutdown. I haven't used Windows in years though, so I could be mistaken...

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I live in California instead of bumfuck nowhere Missouri as of yesterday. No more coworkers yelling at me about "injecting aborted fetuses" (translation: COVID vacccine but NSFW and yelled at me at 8AM)
Their stupid, why would anyone waste a vaccine on an already aborted fetus? It's already dead. jk.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
AFAIK that's where Windows saves data to reload when your PC wakes up from hibernation, so if you delete that, hibernation will be basically the same as a full shutdown. I haven't used Windows in years though, so I could be mistaken...
I vaguely remember you can disable hibernation and the file will go away on it's own without just deleting files and hoping for the best.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I vaguely remember you can disable hibernation and the file will go away on it's own without just deleting files and hoping for the best.
Cautious amateurs.

I'm a big fan of random deletes followed by reboots. Live a little! Do it without backups!

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Still working at Enron I see?
DhxVYyLUwAAW5KO.jpg