Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Just got home from the second ultrasound examination of our baby. Everything seems to be fine in there and looks like it's a girl :)

Congrats!

I remember the ultrasounds for both of my boys... Such a weird feeling. The first one made it so official and real!

sleewell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow! My band was selected to record at the local college. 2 bands ago several years back we did this and kept in touch with the studio engineer and thankfully he invited me back with my new project. Its like a full on legit pro studio with some amazing equipment. I was shocked with how nice it was but I guess the students pay a lot and they probably get help from the govt. sound proof rooms so you can crank up amps and record actual drums, and best of all.... its free bc they are teaching a class of like 10 ppl. I'm super happy right now!!

KnightBrolaire

meet me in the pit
Reaction score
painted some stuff for halloween
PXL-20211101-032637564-PORTRAIT-2.jpg

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got a list piling up over the last few days.

1. Been experimenting with coffee trying to brew a "great" cup. Finally nailed it two days ago.

2. Took yesterday off to do some writing. Wife and I are both writers and we enjoy swapping drafts to get opinions before we get down to the dirty work of editing. She's out in the living room yesterday while I'm clacking away at the keyboard laughing her ass off. I finally ask what's up and she's reading the part of my story where I was laughing so hard writing it I was almost crying. Affirmation.

3. The latest character I'm developing may be the most fun god damned character I've ever created and I've been writing for over forty years. She has full awareness from the moment of conception. And full memory. To her, her present life is "now" so she speaks in present tense all the time unless she's speaking about a previous incarnation. She knows her fate, but has strayed from it hundreds of millions of times, each time returning to her mother's womb when she finally passes because she did not do her job yet. She's an empath, and can share memories with people through touch. Including in the moment of conception when she greets her parents with favorite shared memories that haven't yet occurred in this lifetime. And while her mother is pregnant, anyone she touches gets a greeting from the baby inside her of a shared memory in their future. She's such a blast to write, with so many funny quirks and so much self awareness that it's impossible not to love her.

4. I've finished the draft of book two in the current continuity I'm creating and have started book three. The hilarity never seems to end, while still leaving enough seriousness to grip you. I can't wait to edit this shit into presentable format so I can share it with people.

sleewell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
cattle decap just posted a show announcement in feb in detroit. i will be there for sure. can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

LordIronSpatula

A series of interconnected fortune cookies.
Reaction score
Played classical guitar in front of real people for the first time since COVID. Got through an almost 20 minute long Sor fantasia without any major clams until at the climax of the piece, I misfingered a C major chord in open position and played a very loud C+maj7. :lol: It was cold in there, should have known better than to look away from my left hand.

It was a very positive experience on the whole though!

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Made beer sourdough muffins and scarfed one before work.

Got complimented on my weight loss by one of the cube mates.

Got complimented for the beer sourdough by another three coworkers.

Today's not bad at all, despite the icy roads.

sleewell

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my band has shows on fri and sat this week. so pumped. had a really good rehearsal last friday and we have one more on weds. i have played a lot shows in different bands over the years but this is the first one where i have written all the songs so that feel extra good.

got my cattle tickets for 2/6. going to be a fun show.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Buddy at work has a 3d printer at home and he's been threatening everybody with gifts in the office. I come in this morning to this. Shockingly good detail for his cheapo little printer, and any flash I see is gonna be a pretty easy cleanup. Just sorta brightened my day.

Before I get into the slog of actually working.
pinhead.jpg

KnightBrolaire

meet me in the pit
Reaction score
Got to plug in the Double Cross today and it sounds pretty fucking good.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Buddy at work has a 3d printer at home and he's been threatening everybody with gifts in the office. I come in this morning to this. Shockingly good detail for his cheapo little printer, and any flash I see is gonna be a pretty easy cleanup. Just sorta brightened my day.

Before I get into the slog of actually working.
View attachment 100166

That's cool! I've been toying with the idea of my own small 3d printer for a few years now and these days the cheapest ones are actually very cheap, so I might have to put on some shopping pants and buy myself a machine.

I don't really have anything specific to print, but I got some ideas on miniatures and maybe even doing a bigger figures printed in small parts...