Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

When I read your first post I pictured it being a used one on the ground. It being new and in the box is totally free game.

2. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

Happy isn't really the word, but satisfied. I passed my firearms safety course with flying colors (96% on the practical, 100% on the written), so I can now apply for a firearms license.

Kind of a strange thing to do given that I currently have absolutely no intention of purchasing any kind of gun more powerful than a pellet gun in the foreseeable future (especially considering how expensive guns are; I'm already into knives and I'm not made of money), or hunting for that matter. However, it is a handy skill to have in this part of the world. Since I've lived in the Yukon, two friends of friends have been killed in grizzly attacks. My job also occasionally takes me to remote areas, so knowing how to use a gun for self-defense against wildlife while not blowing my own head off in the process seems like a reasonable proposition.

ImNotAhab and wheresthefbomb like this.
  3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I passed mine 100% automatically just by being born in America.

4. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

Heeeeeeey, also just got a raise. I am actually happy about that.

5. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

my band had some promoters over yesterday. it went really well and was a blast. they got us on 2 pretty cool shows and said they had more if we wanted them.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pumped to finally have a show to look forward to again. i played guitar for like 2 hours last night after my kids went to bed.

6. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

sleewell likes this.
  7. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Released a single last week and one of the songs on it is easily the best production and mixing I've ever done. Yesterday I got in a review for the single and the reviewer noticed it as well, so it's not just in my head. Super positive reviews so I'm pleased.

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire \[T]/

blended a diezel 4x12 k100 IR with a dv77 one and it sounds thiccccccccc as fuck

sleewell likes this.
  9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Finally found a reasonably priced DisplayLink dock for my M1 MBP, and it arrived today. As an added bonus, it supports 3 monitors! 2 over DispalyLink and one natively. I happen to have two spare 24" monitors, so I added one of them to my setup.

[​IMG]

As you can see the contrast is a fair bit lower than on the Fujitsu 27" monitors to the left, but anyway.

Now I just plug one cable into the laptop and that provides a 4 port USB hub, 3 monitors and power for the laptop.

LordIronSpatula and sleewell like this.
  10. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Last night I got to watch the first "all civilian" launch to orbit. That may be a stupid reason to be happy to some people, but it was awe inspiring to see for me. It's just one small step towards making the dreams of my childhood into reality. When I grew up we were all thinking tourists in space would be commonplace by now. I'm glad somebody with the money to accomplish it has actually started moving us in that direction.

sleewell likes this.
  11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire \[T]/

People are going apeshit trying to sell pokemon oreos for tens of thousands of dollars right now, and it's hilarious. All because someone spent 1000$ on a mew oreo . Still not quite as absurd as people spending millions on literal jpegs/NFTs though

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  12. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Got my second jab today (not fun). Got sick leave for the rest of the day so I headed to the local guitar shop to finally buy some new springs for my Strat. Got tired of having the action sky high because the bridge was in a terrible angle.

13. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

My daughter just learned to ride a bicycle without the helper wheels :)

14. wheresthefbomb

wheresthefbomb SS.org Regular

Went to a bonfire to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while last night, ended up getting asked to play some shows. I'm mostly used to having to either invite myself to stuff or put shows on myself, and I love doing the work, but it's a really nice feeling that there are people out there who actually appreciate all the hard work I put into what I do.

It's really easy to take the good people around for granted when you spend your time focused on people who don't accept you.

youngthrasher9 and p0ke like this.
  15. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Plumber came today to fix the leak that we had a while ago - I could've hired a company to do it, but since it was only dripping a little bit I decided to just keep a bucket under it and wait until a friend of a friend was available. I'm super glad I did, I ended up paying about 1/3 of what the plumbing company I called earlier would've charged just to get the plumber over here, and this guy also changed a thermostat and fixed a couple of general problems while he was at it.
    Also, I was expecting my home insurance to only cover the actual drying part, but today I asked and turns out they will also cover the materials I'll use (solvent based paint is surprisingly expensive) and even my own working hours! Because our heating system is more than 50 years old, it will cover 50%, but that's still way more than I was expecting.

Bodes and wheresthefbomb like this.
  16. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain

Finally nearing the end of the real estate contract period from hell. 12 weeks and counting on a house that barely breaks the 6 figure price point after closing costs… every hiccup imaginable on the journey but looks like we might close next week.

17. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

Today is the day!

I'm gonna try and put together my BYOC tube screamer. I've only soldered once before and I've never done this before. Wish me luck! lol

Captain Shoggoth and p0ke like this.
  18. Bodes

Bodes SS.org Regular

First premiership in 57 years!!!
    240222470_10159667926362238_629205608623331387_n.jpg

thebeesknees22 and BlackMastodon like this.
  19. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth literally just vibing

Had a horrible long day at work, went downstairs to see my sisters had got fried chicken in for dinner. Evening salvaged

saw this, clicked the link, listened to your last release, it FUCKS. I'll spin your full catalogue at work tomorrow

ImNotAhab likes this.
  20. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

Evening ruined if they didn't leave you any, or left you the worst pieces.

Captain Shoggoth likes this.