Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

r3tr0sp3ct1v3 SS.org Regular

I have been here a while on and off. I am happy because I am getting married to the love of my life, I have a cat, got a huge promotion earlier in the year (Lots of NGD's to make up for), and my family life is good. I don't do as much music as I want but that is okay.

I put my life on hold for 4 years trying to push a band and live a dream making money in music. It did not work. I pushed off everything so I could focus. Personal relationships, career, love, and other things. I even pushed off sex. I was depressed and I hated my life. I wasn't happy. It was not until I put my art on the backburner and refocused my life that I was able to be happy. I lost a lot of money on buying and selling guitars as well. I had an addiction to new gear because getting it made me happy but it always faded.

I know it sounds like I gave up on my dream but I didn't, just reassessed it and decided to work smarter, not harder. That is why I am happy right now. :)

2. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

I open-ended lent this to a family friend. It came back after two years. Going to keep it.

upload_2020-10-4_12-39-16.png

3. MFB

MFB Banned

Make that 33:39 as of yesterday, felt quite abysmal with the mask, but I plan to keep pushing it throughout the end of the year and hopefully at some point it becomes slightly less inconvenient

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  4. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Maintaining the ~25lbs I’ve lost by June of this year, since Covid started. I have another 10-15 to go but it’s “that last 15” and so it’s much slower going. Hit 100miles cycled, it’s not my primary exercise so for me that’s a lot given my rides are 5-7 miles each typically.

Also got my first bug in my eye yesterday while riding. Dat shit hurted bro, lmao.

5. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Not the fanciest and not the fastest thing out there, but really enjoying the car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was my dad's car, which he loved. But he's a great dad and gave it to my brother when he needed a reliable car. Eventually was given back to my dad and over the years got beaten up a bit and then has just been parked for a while, as my dad moved on to another car.

Decided I'd get it cleaned up, which I think has made my dad really happy to see it back out there again and I'm having a lot of fun working on a car again. Been a long time.

6. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Looks mean as Hell. :hbang:

The gen 4.5 Stangs don't get nearly enough love.

7. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Looks to be in great shape, congrats! Like Max said, that generation of mustangs are very overlooked.

8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Finally finished our guest bathroom remodel. Really glad to have this done... been taking way too long and as small as this room is, it was a complete pain in the ass. Also happy that it turned out like it did considering the bold accents. The other rooms that we've remodeled have all been more subdued but my wife allowed me to use my creative vision for this one and run with it. Anyway... this is the result.

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

TIL that Guts from Berserk is partially based off of Gotz Von Berchlingen, a real German mercenary and grade A badass.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  10. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Looks great man! Really nice colour pallette and work all around. Did you manage to salvage the vanity with just a fresh coat of paint?

Reading about him after seeing your post and the fact that the guy lived until he was 82 (in the 1500s no less) after 47 years of military activity is insane.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  11. High Plains Drifter

Thanks, man. Really appreciate the kind words. Going into this project I really wanted a new vanity with a more modern/ high-end appearance but we just didn't have the funds to do that. Luckily the sink and faucet looked decent enough so yeah, I was able to salvage the old vanity with new caulking, fresh paint, chrome knobs, etc. The floating shelf over the toilet ( same thickness of the Formica top) also helped the old vanity to look more at home with the new aesthetics. Also, originally I was just going to do the cabinet doors in white but then decided to do them in the slate blue & black in order to further tie the vanity into the rest of the room.

Btw, I really like the new light fixture and bulbs. The above pics don't capture the true warmth of the bulbs so posting a couple more pics that better show what that looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BlackMastodon likes this.
  12. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Love the blue. I just did one of our bathrooms in a similar color with black accents.

Great job man, total transformation.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  13. High Plains Drifter

Thank you, Max. Downside is that I don't want anyone to use it now lol. My wife supported my vision all the way until the ceiling. She initially cringed when I told her that I was going to paint it black but she absolutely loves it now... including the ceiling!

p0ke and Mathemagician like this.
  14. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Been networking my ass off for the last year and a half at work and keeping my ear to the ground and it's finally paid off. A couple weeks ago I got an interview for a job I applied for in June, felt good about the interview but I try to be realistic. Today the manager called me and extended the offer.

I'm so damn pumped, I'll finally be working in electric cars which I've wanted to do since starting there back in 2016. Feels incredible to finally have it pay off, and the manager seems like a great dude. The work is gonna be hard but I've been ready for a challenge for a couple of years now.

Time to celebrate with some sushi.

Mathemagician, p0ke, Millul and 3 others like this.
  15. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

Just got my kids down. every night our twins sit on my lap to watch shows or read stories. They are 3 now, wont be able to fit them both much longer. Our older kids are too big now. Love those moments. Life is so good.

16. KnightBrolaire

Animaniacs is coming back. Prob the only good thing to happen this year :banana:

17. KnightBrolaire

18. Kaura

Kaura Le Petit Caporal

I was watching a random ass Youtube video about daddy longlegs and recognized the synth preset they used in the background music. Not the first time this has happened and probably not the last one. :D

19. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

My band played it's first show since March 2nd at the legendary Skatopia (the event was Backwoods Bash) in Ohio. God I missed playing live!!! Turnout was decent, we positive reactions (sold some merch) and we aced our set. :rocker:

Anyone else actually playing gigs?

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  20. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Other than fucking up the .012 gauge B string I was attempting to put on, I put some lighter strings on my guitars, adjusted the neck relief, and got them intonated relatively close (I think anyways; hard to 100% without a strobe tuner), so that's awesome. Gonna check the neck relief and intonation in a few hours and see how they look.

Seabeast2000 likes this.