Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Getting ready for the first concert since late february. No pit or anything, no "crowd" as I know it, lots of social distancing (audience is seated, everyone has to wear face masks as long as you're not at your seat, you have to keep a distance of at least 2m as long as you're not at your seat, you have to leave your name, adress und a phone number at the entry so that in case anyone turns out infected you can be contacted, all that kind of stuff, but hey, it's a fucking live show and I haven't been at one for six months, there are a LOT of worse things I'd do to get to a live show by now), outdoors, very limited amount of tickets, but despite it being relatively obscure local(ish) death metal bands and this being a small town, the 120 tickets were sold out within days.
    Also, just had a chance to take 4 days of from working, which isn't exactly easy when you're self-employed, but it seems the big "struggeling to survive" is kinda over for now, and managed to actually do stuff, instead of just sitting at home and dreading the next week, which might be anything from 20 to 80 hours of work and there is just no way of telling what's going to happen even 2 days in advance... lots of running, cycling, new personal best on deadlift & bench (the former making me even more proud since even one year ago I struggeled to even do more than 2-3 body weight squads without severe knee pain), and pretty much by accident I managed to go almost entirely vegetarian :D

2. Daemoniac

Daemoniac Rivethead Magnate. Contributor

I ordered some diet Dr Pepper and, while it is poisonously expensive here in Aus, it is exactly as delicious as I had hoped, so it is a nice treat :lol:

Mathemagician likes this.
  3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire sso's unofficial pickup hoarder

TIL that Jose Feliciano can shred, and that Robert Rodriguez (Spy Kids/Once Upon a Time in Mexico Trilogy) is also a pretty good guitar player.

Mathemagician and Seabeast2000 like this.
  4. Dayviewer

Dayviewer Mr. Djelecaster

The place I’ve been working at in the last couple of years I just felt underappreciated and stuck without any help to move forward.

And I just signed with a new company to start working there in October :banana:

I’m gonna have to switch software packages, move there and trade in my current awesome apartment for something probably a bit less appealing, and get paid a little less too starting out, but hell, here’s to personal growth and understanding :agreed:

5. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

rehearsal tonight, show on friday.

6. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

As someone trapped in that situation, I envy you! Congrats on making it out. How far is the move?

Nice man, gotta be great to get back out there.

--

For me personally, bit of a crosspost from my last Why are you Mad contribution, but it looks like the shenanigans with my RG5320 are getting worked out and I should be receiving a full refund + reimbursement for the nutty shipping cost. Still a titanic waste of my time, but shit happens and I got the best outcome I could have hoped for if things had to go wrong anyway, so I can't complain. My custom should be done in a few months too, so I probably shouldn't be buying another nice guitar for the time being anyway :lol:

7. Dayviewer

Thanks!, I hope you find a way out soon too! :)
    It's 60 miles, which I think is nothing to write home about in the US (and to a certain degree here) but I always like to keep my commute to an absolute minimum.
    In the past 5 years I had a 10 minute bike ride to work which absolutely left me spoiled :lol: this time I'm trying to keep it under 30 minutes by bike or train.

8. Ordacleaphobia

Well that's not too bad; definitely far enough though that yeah, I'd want to move too :lol:
    I was spoiled when I first moved in here because my job at the time was about a 5 minute drive down the highway- but I was only there for about 2 months before I landed my current job, putting me back into a 35 mile commute. Not bad, but I'm certainly glad they finally came around to letting me work from home now.
    I'm trying to worm my way into one of the county offices since their headquarters are literally down the road from my house...a 5 minute walk to work with a state retirement plan? Sign me up. I'll make it happen eventually, lol.

9. Dayviewer

Yea right? :D Yep working from home is definitely a huge plus in that sense.
    The possible upgrade sounds good though! Hope it happens rather sooner than later :cheers:

10. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I'm only weeks away from having my own customized guitar.

11. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Demonic anime Prince guitar NGD thread incoming.

12. Ordacleaphobia

You have my full attention.

Ralyks likes this.
  13. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

This arrived:

Attached Files:

BlackMastodon likes this.
  14. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Going in for surgery tomorrow to get my leg fixed back up. Repairing 5 breaks at once is going to be an ordeal though so fingers crossed everything goes according to plan especially since the first surgery had complications.

Mathemagician and XPT707FX like this.
  15. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I'd say "break a leg", but it seems you have that covered.

Really though, good luck and sending good vibes your way!

XPT707FX and Jake like this.
  16. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Hope it goes smoothly.

XPT707FX and Jake like this.
  17. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Certainly covered that one! Tibia/Fibula/Malleolus breaks all in one wonderful twisting and snapping motion. I appreciate the good vibes!

Appreciate it!

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  18. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

I wish. I'm just doing a bunch of mods on one of my guitars. I'm super excited

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  19. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

This sounds like a spell, or “guess which isn’t real”. Hope everything goes super smooth man!

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  20. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Woke up to new singles from Napalm Death, Carcass, and Deftones

BlackMastodon likes this.