Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

People who insist that something MUST be cooked a certain way or it's no good are boring and too chicken shit to experiment with different flavours.

2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

DEMS FIGHTIN WORDS BOII
    Pizza over actual fire is a million times better than in an oven.
    Actually most things taste better when they get some smoke and direct flame ime....
    but yeah when it comes to seasoning I'm constantly tinkering with different ratios and spices, regardless of the dish.

3. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

Im jamming with my drummer today :)

sleewell and p0ke like this.
  4. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Well, plain meat+salt works too, depending on what else goes on the burger. But then the meat itself has to be really good. But if the meat is some generic bulk minced meat, then you gotta do something about it IMO. And yeah bacon and cheese belongs on there too. I couldn't be bothered with the mushrooms though, but I'm sure they'd be great as well.
    Cooking on the stove is OK too, but there's just no way to make 'em as good as in the grill that way. I have a gas grill (goddamn that sounds finglish :lol: ), and yeah, it's not authentic and bla bla but you just can't beat the speed of that thing.
    I bought mine for 50€ off a friend who'd bought a house and the previous owner left their grill there - they had apparently never cleaned it so it had a bunch of mold etc. in it, but I cleaned it properly and have now been using it for about 5 years :lol: Possibly best purchase ever. Also the burners are cast iron, so it'll probably last for a long time to go :)

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  5. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Undoubtedly true, but I'm sure as hell not gonna turn away pizza because the place makes it in an oven. I also find stone oven pizza and oven baked pizza ("traditional" take out, I guess) to be 2 very different eating experiences and when I'm in the mood it's for one or the other.

Also I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a food and beverage snob. :lol:

p0ke likes this.
  6. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

First shower in four days :D Installing the new glass doors for my shower took a good deal longer than I expected, partly because a good deal of improvising was necessary. The people who build this place had a strange view on what qualified as "straight" and also managed to install the shower tub before tiling the walls, so instead of 80x80, mine was technically 77x77, which means no doors you could readily buy fit. Also, the ceiling is slightly lower than it normally would be, and the tub is kinda high, so going for doors meant for showers was no option as all of those were just too high. Since I couldn't be bothered to redo the entire room, tiles, shower tub and all (and couldn't afford it right now anyways), I ended up extending the tub to the sides with some aluminium profiles. I'm not completely done, still needs some minor adjustments, but I'm already very happy with the way it turned out.

Ordacleaphobia and Seabeast2000 like this.
  7. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Christ, are you me? I went through this exact same conundrum about a year and a half ago. Took a similar amount of time, too :lol:

SD83 likes this.
  8. KnightBrolaire

9. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

First biking trip in ten months, feels so good to do that again (had tried to install a bunch of new parts last year, failed, and then just left it in the garage and kinda forgot about it).
    Also, I know album sales are not what they used to be, but I just read this and this brought a big smile to my face, the official german album charts for this week have Trivium (4), Nightwish (5), Katatonia (6), The black dahlia murder (7), Cirith Ungol (11), Heaven Shall Burn (20), Testament, Rammstein, In this moment & Warbringer in the top 50.

Millul likes this.
  10. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

I'm moving to Dresden in June, and one of the things I'm looking forward to is the MUCH metter metal scene in Germany compared to Italy!

11. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

From here forth, anything related to metal that is better than something else... I proclaim to be "metter".

Walter W. and Millul like this.
  12. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Technology man ....what is it good for man?

Just ordered first new computer in 9 years. Now have to wait 13 days. I went beefy like the last one I bought for best effort it doesn't get outclassed or obsoleted too quickly.

13. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

Ahahahahaha I didn't see that typo...!

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  14. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Finally finished my guitar wall :) My bass is still waiting for hooks so I can hang that at the bottom and then some cleaning... But mostly done.

[​IMG]

sleewell, Millul, Walter W. and 6 others like this.
  15. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

Damn dude that came out awesome. That background is sick.

16. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Thanks! I was really lucky with it - I had a vision of it being some dark-ish wallpaper with some pattern on it, apart from that no clue what I wanted. So I went looking in a few hardware stores and came across an opened roll of this wallpaper for 2€ (unopened and still in stock etc. would've probably been 50'ish € for the roll)

It was also my first time installing wallpaper (installing is probably not the right word but w/e) so all in all I think it came out really good. The seams are visible and the edges were really difficult to cut nicely, but the guitars steal your attention enough to hide that anyway :lol:

As for the hooks - the part the necks sit on are normal garage hooks that I wrapped in cell rubber tubing that's intended for insulating water pipes. And in the other end, I just put rings that the strap pins barely fit through. The hooks were a tad too short (because the necks are slightly angled), so I put small wood blocks between the wall and the hook, and to hide them a bit I wrapped them in wallpaper as well.

I'll try to get a better picture once I get the bass up too - it's really hard to capture the colors of the wallpaper properly because it's shiny, and if I turn of the lights / cover the windows it gets too dark.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    BlackMastodon and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  17. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Finally got my music station situated. New computer built to handle the work load and my new studio monitors are on the way.

18. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

i have an AX8 incoming!!

Mathemagician likes this.
  19. KnightBrolaire

Lmao.
    95864326_1562498343925053_7666704669913120768_n.jpg

ImNotAhab likes this.
  20. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

There is an actual Black Rifle Company, based in the UK apparently, that makes actual guns (mostly rebranded OEM uppers and lowers), which the ban is referring to.

The coffee maker is just more popular so total eats up search results.