Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Vegetta

Vegetta Change Everything

I won a Brent Hinds Terror head and PPC212v cab from an online contest so I am pretty pumped about that.

I already have a Hinds head so not sure what i will do with a second one. I am looking forward to A/Bing the cab vs my Harley Benton.

My Buddy Brad said i should make a Hipster stereo rig of doom with it.

I will probably end up trading the head for a Dark Terror or putting it towards getting a new Hard tail 6.

2. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

liked for the chair

Vegetta likes this.
  3. Vegetta

4. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Some big whigs up front in the office were throwing away computer chairs all because they got new ones and so I went and asked if I could have one of them since they're much nicer than the one I had and they let me keep one! Score!

AxeHappy, Vegetta and XPT707FX like this.
  5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pickup hoarder

I just won a Paulaner boot-stein :lol:

BlackMastodon and Vegetta like this.
  6. Vegetta

[​IMG]
    Double Dirty B Hinds. Cab And Head I won came in.

XPT707FX likes this.
  7. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

8. Vegetta

Nice! Orient makes some really nice watches.

BornToLooze likes this.
  9. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I actually bought a Timex to replace my old worn out watch like a month ago, but seeing a video of an automatic made me realize how much I hate the ticking on quartz watches.

I mean this was fine for yeeears (the regular watch hasn't worked in 2-3 years, just digital) but now I gotta have an automatic.

thumbnail (1).jpg

Vegetta likes this.
  10. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

I watched a nature documentary about northern Norway, it's so mindblowingly beatiful. I have only visited northern Finland and Sweden, but Norway and Iceland are on my list to visit and to do a nature and hiking journey type of vacation. Just look at these places, Insomnium one is eastern Finland though, and Wolfheart are in Iceland and Norway in these videos. Visit northern Europe if you can.

11. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pickup hoarder

my ormsby shows up tomorrow, and the packers won :D

Vegetta likes this.
  12. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

My Giants might truly have their QB of the future. DANNY DIMES!!

13. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

First time posting on my PC from "the other side". Looks like we finally arrived!

The move has been absolutely exhausting and we're not finished yet but I'd estimate that it's about 80% done. We're doing good on time with a little over a week left before handing in the keys to our old place. We were fortunate enough to have had some help this wknd from two of my buds plus two trucks and a trailer. Was a BITCH to get all the guitars packed up ( 18 in all... 5 w/o cases so had to take extra care transporting those). The furniture and box after box of crap took it's toll on my muscles and back for sure but at least the worst of it is over now. This week we'll get the remaining 20% out of the old house and then clean, mow, etc in preparation for the final walk thru.

Our kitty, Jaida did NOT take well to this move at first but she's slowly starting to act like herself again... exploring, eating, etc. The sound of the garage door scares the living shit out of her but she's beginning to get used to most of the other new noises.

Gotta say that it was pretty cool on Friday when I was unloading a bunch of my guitars and this kid comes up the driveway selling candy-bars so that his hockey team can afford to go to a strip club or some such thing... and his jaw just hit the ground. "Are those guitars in all those cases??" I said yeah... that's most of them. He said "You're a musician?" I dunno what I said but then he asked me if I was famous. I told him no lol.

Hopefully in time I'll settle more naturally into this role of "homeowner" but at least for now it's just so surreal and tbh a little bit unsettling. Dunno why exactly. Maybe I just worry whether I'm up to the task... idk. Anyway... reserved happiness I guess.

14. Vegetta

I had a hard enough time just moving the handful of guitars I own, Cant imagine having to move 18. I ended up taking a small chunk out of the vinyl on my cab (at the bottom and it is not super noticeable, but of course now that I know it is there it bothers me )

I still have stuff in a few boxes, but am otherwise done. Now I have moved on to fixing random small broken things.

Your kitty will come around.. We have 5 cats and it took them a few days to adjust to the new place.

15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Went out to a show last night that was just a really nice night. Local openers were friends of mine. Lots of other friends and familiar faces in the audience. Got to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in a while. Acoustic set from Anneke Van Giersbergen, then Amorphis who played everything I wanted to hear from them.

16. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Just got out of a client meeting with our biggest client. They gave us a report card survey to fill out before hand, and we were comparing our self-review to their review of us.

In just about every category, they gave us a score that was equal or higher to the ones we gave ourselves. I was taking notes and highlighted all of the scores that differed. Green for a higher score, and yellow for a lower score. There was a lot of green, and at the end, they told us that we are their highest-scoring vendor, out of all of theirs, from project management, construction contractors, security, catering, etc.

One said, "You guys are way harder on your selves that you should be" after we had a string of "2" where they rated us "3".

One of the newer/younger people, after we had talked about one of the areas where we both gave us a "1" (needs improvement), said, "You are taking our feedback very well. you're so calm." to which someone else from their team, on the phone, chimed in with, "Oh, I'm sure it's just because he knows we love them."

An extra layer of "feels good" is that this client team includes people that a) I used to work under at my last job (from which I was fired...long story), and b) used to work for a different major client that I serviced at my previous job, and this was the account that I was hired to help support when I got this job, 3 years ago, because they were struggling to provide good service with the smaller team.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  17. NotDonVito

NotDonVito ouch!

As much as it sucks being semi-unemployed, I possibly saved an old lady’s life today who fell in the parking lot out in the sun at my apartment complex. Where’s life alert when you need them lol.

18. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

Played a Gibson LP Standard yesterday and it absolutely god-tier. Low Action, great feel, sustain for days. Ever play a guitar that just felt "right"? This was one.

Never wanted an LP before and thankfully i am too poor to even entertain the thought of buying one but man, that machine put a smile on my face.

19. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

get to crank up my 5153 tonight at band practice and hopefully write some new music

my 3 year old said he loved me to the moon and back when i dropped him off at preschool this morning

this month has 3 pay periods instead of 2.... impending new seven string day?!?!

20. XPT707FX

XPT707FX SS.org Regular

I bought my dream guitar on the weekend and just looking at the case puts me in a good mood

AxeHappy, Albake21 and The906 like this.