Why am i so special? (fishman install)

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Sleazy_D, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Sleazy_D

Sleazy_D SS.org Regular

As in special needs.

i bought a set of modern 6 hums, and for the life of me i cant wrap my thick dome around how to wire them up, as i cant find a diagram that suits exactly how i want them. they came with a diagram that shows a LP configuration with three way switch. ive found a couple others, and fishman even sent me a few others, but not exactly what i need. theyre going into a guitar that has 1 volume, 1 tone, and a three way. i was thinking lose the tone knob and make it 2 volumes, or maybe just 1 volume, with a three way switch. ive wired pickups before but have always had an exact diagram. any suggestions? thanks guys

2. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Is this the wiring diagram?

2DA1992F-A539-47F3-9DF2-02A345CD0118.jpeg

For two volumes just leave off the yellow wire connecting pot 1 to pot 2, and the yellow wire connecting pot 3 to pot 4. Make sure you still ground pot 1 housing to the sleeve of the output jack. Then you can just ignore pots 3 and 4 on the diagram.

Then you can either wire the voices to push/pull volume controls or DPDT switches, in exactly the same way as the switch is wired in the pic above.

3. Sleazy_D

Sleazy_D SS.org Regular

Yes that is the diagram that comes with the set. After further consideration, I am going with 1 volume and a three way switch. Fluence sent me this diagram, 618CE933-8A5A-43D4-8EDC-B1DD5E3EBDF9.jpeg Just have to figure out the switch part. Can a bridge ground be copper wire?