Who's Been Drinkin'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chris, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Been relearning/learning a nocturne as of late so figured it was only right...
    (plz excuse the dustiness of my desk/monitor, flash's fault)

[​IMG]

BMFan30 likes this.
  2. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

It's St. Patrick's Day so I'm gonna be sinking a good few pints of the dark stuff very soon.

BMFan30 likes this.
  3. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

I love Lagunita's brews, all of their IPA's are on point.

Demiurge likes this.
  4. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula A series of interconnected fortune cookies.

I'm a big fan of their "Censored" ale, which I haven't seen in quite a while...

BMFan30 likes this.
  5. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

Never seen that one out in the wild yet, I'm going to keep an eye out for it though.
    But My favorite is the "little sumpin, sumpin ale"

[​IMG]

Leviathus and steinmetzify like this.
  6. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Been all over the Lagunitas map, that was my 1st one on a buddy’s rec and it’s still my fav too.

BMFan30 likes this.
  7. LordIronSpatula

I'm sure I've had that but I don't really remember it. I should try it again.

Censored is a copper ale, maltier than anything else I've had from them but still plenty hopped (like everything they make). I also like their regular IPA. Wasn't a huge fan of the Brown Shugga though.

BMFan30 likes this.
  8. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

You really should brother, it's just like their regular ale which is right behind the little sumpin, sumpin ale but somehow just improved upon. It's crispier, has more alcohol yet somehow tastes even better. Obviously with more hops because of crispy it seems.
    :cheers:
    I have to look up the Brown Shugga & Censored though, they sound super interesting. I can't imagine I'd dislike it because I love everything they brew. But I will say that reading the words brown sugar in the same sentence as beer already has me on edge, sounds risky.

9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

Picked up some Del Bac Dorado whiskey. Pretty good. I really like the mesquite smoke/chocolate vibes comes through strong. Pretty smooth and easy drinking for an american whiskey.

10. LordIronSpatula

I was expecting the Brown Shuggah to be malty like Censored or more so. Maybe the shock of it tasting basically like a citrusy IPA is what threw me. :lol: I think that one's seasonal.

BMFan30 likes this.
  11. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Next brew coming up pretty soon - we decided to do Mexican Cerveza this time for the summer, with some extra citrus hops and tequila essence to try to make it kinda like the Desperados beer. It's the first time we're trying these essence things, so we'll see how it goes. We decided to go with the essence instead of actual tequila, because it seemed less likely to interfere with the fermenting process, though we'll be adding it when bottling the stuff (there is still some post-fermenting going on at that point).
    Tested it with store-bought cerveza and it was actually pretty nice, but of course the essence doesn't increase the alcohol percentage which may have been preferable. IMO 5.2-5.5% is the optimal percentage for pretty much any beer.

BMFan30 likes this.
  12. Kaura

Kaura evanesencensencenenist

Ugh, I spent the whole night drinking beer and hobo wine and watching anime. Went to bed around 7am and just woke up (5pm). I still feel drunk as a skunk. :squint:

BMFan30 likes this.
  13. KnightBrolaire

Tried some cheaper whiskeys (Lonehand and Southshot) and they were awful, even mixed. Guess it's time to break out the ole water filter and run em through a few times.

14. Kaura

I have the rest of the week off from work so I bought some Italian red wine to knock me out so I hopefully can sleep for more than 6 hours since some asshole keeps revving their shitty car right under my window every night.

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  15. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

sorry, not to sound ignorant here, but what does water filter change in cheap or harsh whiskey?

I dont mind whiskey, but i dont like that kick that comes with some whiskey that makes you cough if you take a big swig. Would water filters get rid of that?

16. KnightBrolaire

Essentially tannins and other undesirable elements from the barrel aging process are usually a lot more up front with less filtered or younger whiskeys. Certain regions and their distilling process also greatly influences that harsher edge. Younger bourbons tend to be a lot harsher than other whiskeys ime.
    As whiskey matures it tends to mellow those harsher flavors and pick up subtle flavors from the wood of the barrel which help balance the overall profile. Really good multi stage charcoal filters helps trap harsher elements, which makes younger whiskey more palatable overall ime.
    Granted it can only do so much with bad whiskey. The process is better suited to taking mediocre whiskeys and smoothing them out ime.

Think of it like how a burnt piece of meat gets that bitter quality, versus the smoky quality of a well cooked piece, but applied to a drink.

soliloquy likes this.
  17. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

interesting, i was not aware of this method to smooth it out a bit.
    guess its like a cheap wine through magic bullet to air it out. Supposedly it helps, but i have yet to taste the difference.

18. BMFan30

BMFan30 SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

Free Dive & Unholy are pretty good. Going to wait 3 more weeks to pick up the other two because I'm into these.

19. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I bought a bunch of interesting craft beers that I'm planning on drinking on May Day. The least exciting ones are just IPA's I haven't tasted yet, but then I also bought some really weird ones including a Mango Chili beer, a Bloody Mary beer and Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout :lol:

BMFan30 likes this.
  20. Kaura

Has brewing gone too far?!

I say, yes. :lol: Nothing beats a good old crispy clean lager.

BMFan30 likes this.