Who's Been Drinkin'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chris, Nov 9, 2006.

1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I got a bottle of their "Aurora Edition" as a wedding present and kept the bottle. That thing is cool as fuck.

Pinnacle isn't too bad. Most of the time I just pick up a big bottle of Kirkland Premium (Grey Goose) at Costco.

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire SpOoPy SeAsOn

I thought about getting that version instead, but can't justify an extra 30$ for a cool paintjob. Kirkland is good, that's all my mom drinks anymore. I guess I'm just in a weird spot where I remember slumming it for years through college, so it hurts spending 20-30$ on booze. The irony is I've probably spent more on pickups this year than on booze in the last 5 years :lol:

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

That's how I feel about buying beer. I get an unlimited supply for practically free, but still like trying new stuff.

4. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

When I still drank, my favorite vodka was basic Stolichnaya. Served room-temperature of course. :metal: I just didn't buy all the praise towards Russian Standard. Both the Platinum and the normal version just tasted too "clean" to me. Stolichnaya wasn't maybe as pure but it had some character, so to speak.

And I don't know if it counts but I had one alcohol-free Beck's last night. Technically it has 0,3% alcohol so there goes my 6 months of sobriety. :lol:

5. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Not really to be honest :lol: Sunburn + hangover is even worse -> one time in Australia me and my dad drank a shitload (one 90% grappa bottle and almost two whole bottles of scotch + more) and it was a really sunny day. I'm pale af, so the next day the sunburn and hangover were literally so bad, I couldn't get out of bed.

Nah, doesn't count IMO.

6. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

It’s Christmas, I’ve been drinking for 3 straight days.

Yee haw

IbanezDaemon likes this.
  7. Kaura

Kaura Squier 4 lyfe

I guessed so. Stuff with so little alcohol probably doesn't even have chance to reach your blood flow even if you drank a gallon of it. :lol:

8. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Time for beer.....I haven't had a drink all Year! :cheers:

Heineken and Corona for me tonight.

Randy likes this.
  9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire SpOoPy SeAsOn

mmmmmm moscato

10. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Christmas came late this year! Thanks Mom...

[​IMG]

11. lurè

lurè Can't buy skill so I buy gear

Finally restored my language skills after 3 weeks of various wines.

12. Beefmuffin

Beefmuffin New Boot Goofin

I've recently stumbled upon a combo that I've really been enjoying. Code Red Mtn Dew with a Lime Rum (I personally use Cpt Morgan Lime when I can find it around here but if not, I've found Don Q Limon works well too). Even with a stronger mix ratio, it is extremely easy to drink and tastes awesome. I don't typically drink much but December and January have a good way of bringing it back for a bit haha.

13. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

My brother had his 40th bday last weekend and my sister and his gf arranged a surprise party for him. Most of his old childhood friends were there and our sister and I too, ofcourse... There was a lot of good music, good friends, good laughs and a buttload of alcohol to consume.

And I overdid it by a freaking mile. I can't remember when was the last time I was so damn drunk. I didn't sleep the earlier night, then didn't really eat anything during the day and drank so much that when there came a time to go to bar I just laid my sleeping bag on the floor and stayed there when everyone else went.

Well, when at 5 am people came back to sleep I had sprayed liquids from both of my ends like 20 times already and hadn't slept a minute.

My train left at 11am that morning and I was on it for 6 hours. Oh god that wasn't nice at all.

14. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I worked Extreme Beer Fest in Boston this past weekend for my local brewery (Beer Tree).

It was the best beer fest I have ever been to. Met a lot of great people and brewery's. Drank until I couldn't and got to explore Boston a little (I have never been there).

15. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

[​IMG]

"A shot and a brew Shellie, and keep 'em comin'..."

16. SenorDingDong

SenorDingDong Smeller of Smells

17. sezna

sezna undermotivated Contributor

I accidentally challenged my Chinese uncle to a drinking contest at a family dinner through a lack of cultural understanding and cues last night. That was an unfortunate mistake. Very sitcom-esque, though.

Leviathus likes this.
  18. sezna

sezna undermotivated Contributor

i’m sorry but I might be part of the demographic you so hate. I just love hops and hoppy flavors. I love Sierra Nevada IPAs, although I find Stone a bit boring and plain. I’m from Texas and we have probably 30 breweries in every town, and they all have their own double IPA face melter brews. If you’re not a big IPA drinker, I can see you thinking theyre all the same, but they really do vary a lot in flavor, texture, balance, and complexity.

After a long hot day outside, a cold IPA in a chilled glass is the most refreshing feeling.

19. chipchappy

chipchappy thudmaster

I've been drinkin'

sezna likes this.
  20. 777timesgod

777timesgod Stop reading this...I said stop!

Not to brag but I downed a whole bottle this weekend of the bad boy below produced by James White and... (sees older posts)... oh wrong thread I guess.
    59522011_0_640x640.jpg