Which graphtech saddles for Ibanez 7?

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Ben.Last, May 15, 2021.

1. Ben.Last

Ben.Last Formerly Lern2Swim

I've got an Ibanez prestige 7 hardtail that I'd like to put some string saver saddles on, and I'm having a difficult time finding any reference to the string spacing. Can anyone point me in the direction of that info or tell me which saddles I should get? I assume it's just the strat spaced set, but we all know what happens when we assume.

2. Floppystrings

Floppystrings banned

Which Ibanez Prestige hardtail 7-string do you own? What is the model name?

3. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
    ^^ This! Ibanez has lots of different hardtail bridges. A picture should enlighten us all. Not all Ibanez hardtail bridges allow for saddle swap, some have proprietary designs...

However, you could use a caliper and MEASURE the string spacing at the bridge as well as the saddles' wideness (and other dimensions).

Also be aware that there are offset saddles and centered saddles for the most common saddle design (Fender style), meaning that the intonation screw is either offset or centered to the saddle. Measure twice, buy once.

Ben.Last likes this.
  4. Ben.Last

Ben.Last Formerly Lern2Swim

Yeah. I figured this was going to complicate things. I don't remember due to Ibanez's excessively complicated naming conventions, and the paperwork is in the case in my storage unit. Lol

I'm going to try to get over there to grab it asap, but in the interim, here's a pic of the bridge to potentially help.

https://i.imgur.com/tINYWba.jpg

5. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
    Fender style saddles with offset intonation screw is what you need. Measure the original saddle wideness and string to string spacing and buy acordongly.

... and in doubt, you can always email Graphtech to ask for directions...

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Ben.Last likes this.