Where is a good place to make music available to people to listen too?

jl-austin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't do video's. So YouTube is out of the question. I would like to find a place to upload music for people to listen too?

I like to do story projects. Like series of songs that tell a story.

I feel like those artist on American Ido who are REALLY bad, but they still keep after it. HAHA.

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
Regarding Youtube, there's nothing wrong with putting-up music playing over a static image. It's a big platform that's probably or unfortunately too big to ignore.

I do listen a lot to full albums on "Youtube Music". Many many high level bands with music there and a static image for the entire "video". Using an add-block add-on or an add block native browser like Brave helps the experience a lot for continuous music play.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Be careful with youtube. Their copyright protocols are garbage. If you directly upload a song, and some scammer in a far-off country claims it, you'll end up having a bad day.

Bandcamp is great. That'd be my highest recommendation. I think the only problem might be that you have to have x% of your content on there be monetized or else it won't let you publish it.

Soundcloud doesn't have that problem, but it has its own restrictions.

If you pay for a service like Distrokid, you can get your music on youtube and spotify and everything else for a yearly subscription fee. It's geared toward artists who are promoting their material for widespread sale and streaming.

I just realized this weekend that Amazon music has become a joke. I used to purchase songs there, but now you can't batch purchase or preview songs - you have to purchase each song one at a time and you have to pay upfront before making sure you are actually getting the song you want. Google music is no more... Spotify is the new social justice evil empire. I think the music industry is having some serious indigestion at the moment. Thank Cthulhu for Bandcamp!