Where Do You Stand On Gun Control/Second Amendment?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by BenjaminW, Feb 19, 2018.

Where Do You Fall On Gun Control

1. For

51 vote(s)
    71.8%
  2. Against

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Let me ask you, have you ever said something accurate before? Hell, I bet you never even touched a fact before. I bet your [sic] terrified of them. People are scared of what they don't know.

StevenC, Mr Violence and vilk like this.
  2. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I was wondering how long it would take to get you here. "All of the statistical evidence we have runs counter to what you're saying." "Oh, stats are just bullshit."

I'm sorry, but #fakenews is sort of the last desperate grasping at straws when you've run out of all other arguments. :lol:

3. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

CNN is just as BS as Fox News. The left and right are both moving to batshit crazy extremes and I side with neither. I am left in the middle with the other reasonable people wondering WTF is the matter with all of these idiots on both sides.

Mr Violence and KnightBrolaire like this.
  4. narad

narad SS.org Regular

I was under the impression that a person born, raised, schooled (undergrad) in Switzerland would typically have a better idea of Swiss culture than an American who read about it online, regardless of where they currently reside... If you can't concede to that point then you might be the most close-minded person I've ever talked to.

5. Unslaved

Unslaved Well-Known Member

For all i know that person doesn't know shit about Switzerland. Plenty of Americans dont know shit about America

6. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Don't bother, really, if you don't think it's worth it. I mean, honestly and frankly, you've been demonstrably wrong more than half of the time you've said something in this thread, so why should anyone listen to you anymore?

I'd be willing to bet that it's much more likely that a person who has never been to Switzerland, and thinks that there culture is completely homogeneous, is going to know a lot less about Swiss culture than a person born and raised in Switzerland, but I don't even know why I feel it prudent to point that out, because A) you don't care, and B) everyone else already knows this.

vilk likes this.
  7. MaxOfMetal

There's a joke in there somewhere. :lol:

vilk, narad and bostjan like this.
  8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Build the Wall of Soundâ„¢

kind of on topic but technically temporary cavitation has more to do with efficient transfer of kinetic energy from the round. It's why 7.62x51mm rounds (and bigger)
    have more "stopping power". They're a bigger bullet, with more mass and they're moving at relatively fast speeds which means more of it will transfer to the target upon deformation. Obviously for fmj rounds it doesn't work exactly the same (since you get minimal if any deformation on contact with tissue) but in general you get deformation of the round- which causes a shockwave in the tissue (almost like a mushroom cloud shape) that smashes organs around. This is super pronounced when using hollow tip/partial holllowpoints as the round deforms/mushrooms significantly and allows way more of the kinetic energy to transfer to the target. The guys I've seen hit with FMJs usually have through and throughs since FMJs tend to overpenetrate.

9. narad

narad SS.org Regular

And there you have it, most close-minded person I've ever talked to. An American who hasn't been to Switzerland knows more about what it's like being Swiss than a Swiss person.

10. Unslaved

I agree

11. possumkiller

I am willing to bet the guy from Switzerland knows more about America than you or I do.

12. vilk

vilk Very Regular

For real. Sometimes I read something that I almost think is true until I notice the web address says neither Breitbart nor Fox News

13. Unslaved

Damn your trying hard! Lol

So I cant assume that some people dont know shit about other countries but you can assume I am a fan of Foxnews and Brietbart.

And judging by the amount of likes your post recieved, I can see the hypocrisy much clearer now

14. possumkiller

All of your comments in this thread give us plenty of information to base our assumptions on. You are making assumptions about a person with the only known information being they are from Switzerland and live in America.

vilk and Randy like this.
  15. Unslaved

Whos "us"? You guys on a team that I dont know about or something? Lol

Well you"re wrong im not a fan of foxnews or brietbart. So, nice try

16. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Assuming you know more than everyone else is totally not the same thing as assuming "some people" don't know anything. It's a really simple concept, really.

More generally, striking up an argument on the internet with a bunch of people over something of which you clearly have little knowledge - is just going to lead down this exact path.

Anyway, the point all along was that your assessment of Swiss culture being homogenized is wrong. Your assertions about pistols being the same things as rifles is also wrong. Your understanding of US laws regarding weapons seems to be generally wrong as well. Lastly, since you brought up another user's use of "buzzwords," I'll point out that your use of the English language is far from impressive, which doesn't lend anything to your credibility on what words are being used as buzzwords and which words are being used because they are appropriate.

17. possumkiller

"Us" as in the people you have been arguing unsuccessfully against the last few pages. "Team Gun Control" you could call it.

So far we haven't heard any legitimate argument at all about why there should not be stricter gun control. All we get from you is classic misdirection.

vilk likes this.
  18. MaxOfMetal

Keep up with your own posts dude.

I like to call us People Responding to Idiotic Comments of Knuckleheads. PRICK. :lol:

StevenC likes this.
  19. Unslaved

Im still waiting for someone to address my question woth a proper answer. Because I do actually agree that if there were less guns there should be less shootings.

But what happens if we ban all guns, to even the most severe degree, if the very next day there is another mass shooting. What do you suggest then?

Herein lies the, if theres a will theres a way.....because if not a gun, it'll be something else. In our sick society, someone who wants to murder mass amounts of people, will.

20. Mr Violence

Mr Violence SS.org Regular

Everyone here is being super kind. We've all answered that question a billion fucking times. It's about minimizing, not completely eradicating gun violence with one law. It's nuanced. And we now have 28 pages of nuance and solutions. Yeah, most likely, even with the strictest gun laws, a mass shooting could happen. But there's a big difference between once a week and once a year.

Also, it's been said before, but semi-automatic rifles that have high capacity magazines make it arguably easier than ANY other method available in the USA to take the maximum amount of lives.

Your canned response for anything that opposes your view is "yeah, but that's probably not the truth and I refuse to try to find out on my own." And then you go one to assert that no one is actively refuting you, which more than 10 people have over and over.

It's absolutely impossible to talk to you. You have zero intention of seeing it any other way or even entertaining the thought that you could have some flaws in your logic. You admitted that you don't know much about guns, while half of your arguments are that people that don't know about guns shouldn't have opinions on them. You contradict yourself page to page.

You are not only shooting yourself in the foot, you're shooting yourself in both feet several times, over and over again.

If only there were better legislation to prevent that...

vilk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.