When did they start selling J. Customs in colors?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by troyguitar, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

I cant wait to get mine aaaahhhheugtdubdy

2. Malkav

Malkav Washing your dishes.

I'm sorry but that top is fucking marvelous, I haven't seen Vigiers with better tops than that either, Also the aesthetics of a top doesn't necessarily indicate the sonic qualities of that wood - That being said there are other guitars that fall into this price range like BFR Petruccis and the Chris Broderick custom shop models that have tops that look far more plain.

3. vinniemallet

vinniemallet EBMM Addicted

I would never pay 4k for a guitar, maybe if I become a milionaire or something, I would rather get a guitar for 2k and waste another 2k in a USA trip or something :D

4. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

J Customs are amazing guitars, you really have to play one before you can cast judgement on them. The build quality and attention to detail is amazing. I'm speaking from experience as they have been my main guitars for 4 years or so now. You don't have to go for the new $4k ones either, there are good deals to be had on used models.

5. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

J-customs are amazing but you can get previous models with the same specs and quality for much less. They are imported from Japan so its marked up like crazy for the American market.

6. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

Good luck finding a used one in most of the 2012 colors. I've never seen a used one in the red, blue, or purple colors... only black and the natural-ish bursts.

7. Rook

Rook Electrifying

These do unfortunately have terrible resale, I'd wait for someone else to buy it. I've passed up a number of JCRG7's for £12-1500.

8. edsped

edsped SS.org Regular

The tops on the Chris Broderick sigs looks great to my eyes.

And anyway it's hard to tell how good a top looks from stock photos on a music store website.

9. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Very true. You gotta get see these in person and then play them. :shred:

10. jam3v

jam3v wat

Guitars do not need to be this expensive, unless you're collecting them.

You're telling me this guitar has almost $3k worth of quality / features more than an RG1527? I don't believe it.

11. BucketheadRules

BucketheadRules Fuzz pedal hoarder

I don't care how expensive it is and that you could get something else custom-made for the same money etc etc.

The fact remains that if there was to be a Hipshot on that, I would CRAWL THROUGH FIRE to get my hands on it.

12. leonardo7

leonardo7 Banned

I dont understand the logic some that you guys are going on when you say these have bad resale value. They have great resale value. The J Customs you see selling for $1500-1900 always have paint chips and/or fret wear and only cost $2300-2500 at the time when they were new. The prices have gone up and up and up on new ones. The previous model from 2 years ago was selling for $3200 and I have yet to even see one of those for sale used. If I did then I dont think it would be much under $2500, if it was then its cause it will be in used condition. How can you expect a used guitar to have the same value as a mint condition guitar? How can anyone say what the resale value is on a $4000 guitar when there has never even been one for sale? The resale value is actually good on these. If you see a used but mint one for under $3200 then grab it!! You cannot compare a 10 year old J Custom that's priced at $1800 with dings as being the same guitar you get today for $4000. Its a different guitar from a different era. Thats like buying an RG7620 used with dings for $375 and saying that a 2010 mint like new RG1527 has a resale value of $375.

13. jam3v

jam3v wat

huh?!

14. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

In regard to the tops... Stock pictures almost always look good. I've had J-Customs with simply terrible tops, honestly. I've also has some Prestiges that had better tops than some PRSi I've had.

15. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

Someone point me to all of these cheap, used J Customs 7 strings!

16. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

They pop up here occasionally.

17. engage757

engage757 Banned

Good, please don't. Many more for us.

But do trust me, if you were to hold a low end Prestige line like the 1527 and then a J. Custom? You would realize it.

agreed, FTW. I have owned 10-15-20 J.Customs so far and they all sold quickly and for a VERY good price.

I haven't seen a bad one yet, but in relate to PRS, 10 Top is a total joke this time of day anymore. SHODDY lookinhn

18. trippled

trippled SS.org Regular

The top on the picture? Looks like 3A to me, they also don't have the 3D quality that vigier has on their tops.

You're very welcome to check out my vigier and realize what I'm referring to.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/201415-ngd-vigier-excalibur-special-7-a-2.html

I never claimed a top's look means anything sound wise, but when you pay 4K for a guitar, getting a 3A quality of top on it is pretty much a joke.

I think the J Customs were nice guitars for the 2K price point they were used to be sold at/

19. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

Why are people commenting on the top in the MF picture? It's not a real photograph it's just a render... :lol:

20. Toxin

Toxin no, i don't drink vodka

Dunno what you refer to, but my J-Custom have 3d.
    And what you talk about is taste talk. Those Vigiers doesn't look appealing to me. Moreover, they're fugly as hell. The only thing i'll take over J-custom for apperance would be suhr or anderson, cause their tops are huge.