What's your experience/knowledge of the G&L Tribute series?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Contributor
Reaction score
Always dug their spin on the classics like the ASAT Special and Comanche. How is the QC on the Tribute series?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd say they're generally good or very good, barring the absolute cheapest stuff like those MF specials.

sell2792

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had a Jerry Cantrell Tribute roughly ten years ago and it played and sounded great. No sharp fret ends, the neck was super comfortable, and the Kahler stayed in tune pretty well.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had a Superhawk and I loved the neck to death, just not a fan of the sound of the guitar. Had an ASAT Deluxe that needed a neck shim and it played and sounded great. Actually really miss that guitar.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tribute basses need to be strung through the body, they had issues with bridges being ripped off the body when strung through the bridge. They do give you both options. I don't know about the guitars.

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I always think of an episode of the tv show Intervention when I hear G&L Guitars. The episode was about an addict who previously built guitars for the company. Hope he's doing ok.

Sorry I went off topic. I know nothing about the guitars.

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
I have an ASAT Tribute (that’s the tele, right?) and I absolutely love it. Killer sub $400 used. And G&L uses the same American pups in their imports.

Its got a nice beefy neck and the tone is a bit bassier than a Fender, but you can play ANYTHING on it.