Whats the most you would pay for

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Someone to route new mounting screw holes for you / wire a single pickup on a single push pull pot with series / parallel.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd charge $40 depending on what is supplied. Add a few $10 bills here and there if you're making the tech supply pot and jack.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Two more factors are going to be turn around time and if the guitar will be restrung and/or setup afterwards.

For something this simple, you might want to consider doing the work yourself.

Just use this diagram:
wd1h0010_04.jpg

As for them mounting holes, a small drill bit is all you need. Just pilot the holes, and screw them in.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I'm confident I can do the wiring just lazy about it.

The routing I'm afraid to do, like a *what if I mis-align the holes ugh!!!* kinda thing. Though it is at the bottom of a route so it wouldn't be as big a deal but if I misalign the holes just barely and then need to fill a hole in order to try again it'd be a headache.

Pretty much thinking his price will determine if I just do it myself or not.

Btw max, on that diagram (all of them really) it shows the ground wired to the bottom of the pot, the pot is MUCH too small for that, is it ok if I solder it to the bottom of the switch part or does it have to be the pot?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you need routing work or just a hole or two drilled? Those are two very different things. If you're making a tech break out a router, get ready to spend $80+ on a finished instrument.

As for soldering to the pot, if you can't fit it on the top, use the side. As long as it's soldered to the pot's housing it'll be fine. You cannot get the same effect by soldering to the switch housing.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Good to know, and I just need the holes.

I'm replacing the active in my pendulum 7 string with a q-tuner bl-5 so as you know the active had screw holes in the center like an emg where the q-tuner has screw holes in the corners.