What's on your workbench?

skullfxr

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
For the first time in months there is NOTHING on my bench today. I am taking the day off.

Gain_Junkie93

Can't handle 7's.
Reaction score
Wasn't happy with the initial paintjob so I redid it with a better red and painted the v to match. Very happy with the way the blood splatter came out on the v but something about the xiphos just looks like it's missing something(maybe another color splatter?) . I noticed that the xiphos has a lot more small splatter marks and less of the squirty looking marks. Idk I'll probably clearcoat(spraymax matte) both unless I think of a more titillating finish for the xiphos. Kinda tempted to do a blood red finish with black splatter patterns on something.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1572033074.jpg
    Snapchat-1572033074.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wasn't happy with the initial paintjob so I redid it with a better red and painted the v to match. Very happy with the way the blood splatter came out on the v but something about the xiphos just looks like it's missing something(maybe another color splatter?) . I noticed that the xiphos has a lot more small splatter marks and less of the squirty looking marks. Idk I'll probably clearcoat(spraymax matte) both unless I think of a more titillating finish for the xiphos. Kinda tempted to do a blood red finish with black splatter patterns on something.
Agree that the V came out a little better with less and bigger marks. Just a matter of taste though, awesome job mate! :hbang:

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Waiting for parts, roughly inspired by Head's Woodstock '99 RG7620.
IMG-2660.jpg

skullfxr

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Crown, polish, and a new nut on my 1989 MIJ Fender Strat.

Attachments

• 20210713_110600.jpg
    20210713_110600.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16

Lemonbaby

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Took the tuners off today and routed the individual heights to match the fretboard radius. The height adjustment of the tuners isn't really solid. Plays a better now and sounds nice, wired up the electronics as well. I use the soapbars with serial coils at the moment, but the split coil sound is just thin and hollow. Might make more sense to add a switching scheme for changing from serial to parallel coils.

skullfxr

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I refinished this and am dropping in some SD Blackouts. It's a Money green with a raw Oiled neck.

Attachments

• 20210722_082048.jpg
    20210722_082048.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Quick and dirty project I've been working on to use as a platform for testing pickups. Splice will be interchangeable with different pickup configs.

SSO won't let me embed the videos because they're shorts apparently but here they are incase you're interested

https://youtube.com/shorts/5lSDH4Y5sa4?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/QJP1_MwBASA?feature=share

View attachment 96205
there's a dude on kickstarter with a similar idea, where he just quick swaps the chunk of wood holding all the electronics including jacks/pots.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
there's a dude on kickstarter with a similar idea, where he just quick swaps the chunk of wood holding all the electronics including jacks/pots.

I've seen a couple variations on the theme here and there, @USMarine75 sent me one a couple weeks ago idk if it was SD or someone else but it appeared the pickups slide in from underneath.

I've flirted with a few ideals like a pickguard, floating trem to remove strings on the fly, putting them in from the back etc. This seemed like the most convenient/flexible compromise I could come up with. I'm kind of a tonewood skeptic but theres an option for different wood inserts for shiggles.