What screams "cheap" to you?

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So if ESP is the best...I would agree with @MASS DEFECT's initial comment ... no matter how "the best" ESP is, similar to how I've mentioned airbrush art painted guitars...no matter how well it's done, it still screams "cheap" to me.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree. ESP is the undisputed king of camo paint jobs. The Sabaton Warhead is much better since the camo is made from wood veneer.

View attachment 97673

HOLY SHIT :greatkat:

So if ESP is the best...I would agree with @MASS DEFECT's initial comment ... no matter how "the best" ESP is, similar to how I've mentioned airbrush art painted guitars...no matter how well it's done, it still screams "cheap" to me.

Really? Its 9000$ pricetag screams "expensive" to me :lol:

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
the camo is made from wood veneer.

View attachment 97673
uh no it's not. There's a quilt veneer on front and back but the camo looks like a hydrodip. If they'd done the camo out of veneer it wouldn't be on the belly cut, and the neck stripes wouldn't be visible/the camo wouldn't extend up that high. Still a sick build though.

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
uh no it's not. There's a quilt veneer on front and back but the camo looks like a hydrodip. If they'd done the camo out of veneer it wouldn't be on the belly cut, and the neck stripes wouldn't be visible/the camo wouldn't extend up that high. Still a sick build though.

I remember this one, I think it's actually a paint job. It was for sale at DCGL for a long time and that's how I remember it being presented, but could also have been semantics. The price was wild though $8-9k I think, seemingly commensurate with being hand done.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Why is there colour in the tummy cut but nowhere else?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I noticed that too, but I think we're seeing a sun reflection

EDIT: actually no, i think youre right, the lower horn inside on the left picture has the same color, and its facing away from the "sunlight" i would have been referring to...that is odd?

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
I remember this one, I think it's actually a paint job. It was for sale at DCGL for a long time and that's how I remember it being presented, but could also have been semantics. The price was wild though $8-9k I think, seemingly commensurate with being hand done.
It could be a paint job, but I highly doubt it. The fact that it's transparent so you can see the underlying wood grain makes me think hydrodip, especially since only the black part of the camo shows up on the belly cut.

jahosy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Think it might be the colour of the actual body wood. Feels like the body (mahogony?) is sandwiched between the quilted top and back, then camo painted over in trans colour.

Body shape does remind me of the Capa TAT special. Nice.