What kind of death metal do you miss nowdays?

Akkush

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are there some certain style, subgenre of death metal that you would like to listen from newer bands, but you don't find any?

For example, I don't find too many bands with the vibe of Morbid Angel, especially with the sound of their Gateways album...

Vitriol is quit refreshing, saddly some of their songs are riffsalads.

Akkush

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't miss any death metal per se, but I do miss the feeling that I had when I first heard it.
The feeling when I was something like 14, and I accidently listend Whisper from Vader as a death metal virgin...well, for sure! :lol:

DestroyMankind

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really think the stuff 20 buck spin has been putting out is awesome. Cerebral rot, witch vomit, worm, make some disgusting stuff that I imagine is how death metal was when it first came out. I wasn't alive then so I can't speak from experience

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
OH SHIT, Fucking cephalic carnage! Jeeeezus I miss that Colorado Hydro Grind....I still remember the first time I smoked a joint and put on Lucid Interval, holy FUCK. Pretty sure I found them by accident trying to find Carnifex songs and my god I'm glad I did.

Ya'll just brought me back to senior year of high school. Thanks.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
If there's anything I miss it's the production and the guitar tones as I love hearing stuff that's not 100% perfect and feel like it's part of the charm but since 2004-ish most DM (and metal in general tbh) is just loud & well recorded but lacks character.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
For me, I mainly just miss Chuck. I know he was probably going to continue going the less death-metally direction, but whatever, every Death album, IMO, was better than the one before, at least since I was aware of them...

I got into Atheist long after they became inactive.

Arch Enemy is still around, I guess, but listening to their new stuff makes me miss them more than not listening to them at all, since they aren't what they used to be, even if I think people are extra harsh on them...