What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the story with this? It looks exactly like what I have in mind for a ratrod style strat built specifically for metal.

Musikraft neck, KNE body, Warmoth guard that I drilled myself for the control layout, MJT finish and assembly... sort of a tribute to the Strat Vito Bratta used to record the Pride album.

Not the cheapest way to go, but MJT does great relicing on nitro finishes.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Musikraft neck, KNE body, Warmoth guard that I drilled myself for the control layout, MJT finish and assembly... sort of a tribute to the Strat Vito Bratta used to record the Pride album.

Not the cheapest way to go, but MJT does great relicing on nitro finishes.
Nice. Pickups?

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Well, fuck the other guy I guess.

Woke up and found two older Yamaha 4x12’s with 8-ohm V30’s on the GC used site for $220 and $250 respectively. Bought the one for $220, $284 out the door.

If the cab itself sucks I’ll just build a new one for the speakers, at this price. Holy fuck.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, this kind of bites. The EMG FT came in, which appears to be quite a bit smaller than a Strat single coil. I was unaware of this as I've never owned a Tele and a review on EMG said they liked it in a strat, to the point they've even replaced all three single coils with the FT.

That was a fucking waste of money. I guess I'll just got with a black/ivory/black pickup scheme in a white pearloid pickguard. 👎

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hehe you guys are awful, thanks for the feedback. :wub: We'll see what happens. I had to vent though. :lol:

Sadly, no pics other than this:
View attachment 112624
I took it because I found it infinitely amusing that the pickguard covers the side dots on the highest frets. I kinda love that, for some odd reason. You can tell I've never owned a guitar with a full pickguard.

Eh. I dunnit. I dun the thing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aaand I ended up pulling the trigger on an Epi Worn goldtop. Been wanting a goldtop for years, so I guess it's time to get one.
I was thinking about getting the Indio, but the Motor City pickup I got is F-spaced, and the Indios are Gibson-spaced for whatever reason even though everyone uses F-spaced these days.
...I coulda just replaced the Gibson-spaced bridge with an F-Spaced bridge... Fuck it, the Epi's already ordered. :lol:

Last edited:

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought some wood to make two mini board, essentially to make my big board modular for the distortion section. I use Tech 21 Character series and Revv G series pedals as preamp channels into my Two Notes Cab M and Cab M+. I have a third board that I can make as well when I decide.

I'm thinking of putting 3 or possibly 4 Tech 21 pedals on mini board A, while mini board B will have two Revv G2 pedals, as well as a G3 and G4.

As for which Tech 21 pedals, I am not sure. I have two Blondes, three British, and one California. If I can fit 4, maybe one Blonde, one California, and two British. May swap the California for a third British. The Blonde would be set for an overdriven Bassman type sound that I can roll back for cleans. The British would be Plexi, modded Plexi, and 800. If I use the California, it'd be a bluesy, rounder Mark I or Mark II kind of thing, not a Metallica/Sykes/ST type thing.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Whoops missed this... Tone Nerd Roxy in the bridge and a DiMarzio HS2 in the neck (the original was an HS2 / JB)

At least I think it's a Roxy, I have a Roxy and a Sunset Strip and can't remember which was which and they weren't labeled :rofl:
They don't read differently? The sunset strip sounds like it'd be a JB esque pickup given what a lot of them were using.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome either way. Hope it gets you the Pride stuff. I thought he had moved to the Steinberg by then, but maybe that was Big Game.

Nope Pride was recorded with the Strat, a tubescreamer, and a Plexi. The guitar literally blew up with the trem posts breaking out of the wood after the last recording session. Then he switched to the ESP strats ala the videos from Pride, then the Steinbergers.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nope Pride was recorded with the Strat, a tubescreamer, and a Plexi. The guitar literally blew up with the trem posts breaking out of the wood after the last recording session. Then he switched to the ESP strats ala the videos from Pride, then the Steinbergers.
Ah, cool. Just don't destroy the wood where the bridge is. Lol.

I think the Strat, TS, Plexi rig was better sounding than the Steinberger, ADA setup.