What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Calling it now: @narad will send his Herbert out to be retolexed before the year is out.

I'm actually likely trading it. Would rather have traded the mark IV or dual dark, but the guy wanted the Herbert, sadly the one I like the most.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Really, or was this just a meme?
Everyone used to always say it was better flipped. I disagree though. I think the CL is super underrated and gets looked over a lot these days because of all the newer shinier pickups out there.

Kaura

matching headstock fetishist
Reaction score
Everyone used to always say it was better flipped. I disagree though. I think the CL is super underrated and gets looked over a lot these days because of all the newer shinier pickups out there.

Cool. I guess I'll put it the right way first and see how it sounds. If it's not up to my expectations then maybe I'll flip it. :)

rokket2005

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I tried flipping a D Sonic years ago and I thought it was a little brighter with the rail towards the bridge, but it's not like I was matching pickup heights or anything, and this was 15 years ago so it's probably a wash and nothing that you couldn't eq differently to get what you want anyway.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I tried flipping a D Sonic years ago and I thought it was a little brighter with the rail towards the bridge, but it's not like I was matching pickup heights or anything, and this was 15 years ago so it's probably a wash and nothing that you couldn't eq differently to get what you want anyway.

I have wanted to try the D Sonic for years, but now I am hesitant after installing a Super Distortion a few weeks ago and not loving it. That is a few Dimarzios now I have had that have a pinky treble that reminds me of a Single Coil, and I hate that sound.

I have had a Crunch Lab 7 and Liquifire 7 in my RG7321 for years though, and those sound good. I generally like the Tone Zone also.

feilong29

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Getting a gold Gotoh ge1996t for my Bk/Yw RR24 today! As for overall gear, I have enough and all the guitars I could ever want or need...unless I can get a Roope Latvala sig lol. Been trying to downsize but this market is hard lately. Once I got my Kemper, the need for any amp/plug-in was taken care of.

Naw, I need to get a Mayones one day!

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Just bought a Krank REV SST and a randall T2HL.... god I'm weak....
I said I stopped buying guitars. Didn't say I'll stop buying amps.....

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm very jealous of that.
So far so good. Thought hard about buying a 70’s OR120 full stack but it would be a waste not being used. Cue another historic :lol:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Perks of the axefx: its all guitar money :lol:

This is pretty damn true. I've found that even the few times I thought I couldn't get what I wanted from a model, changing something else in the chain got me where I wanted.

There's still a few amps I really just want, but even those have dwindled in general number and desire.

I will likely wind up with some type of Tweed circuit or based amp at some point, Bassman or HP Tweed Twin are my top two, and maybe something from the Larry Dino mold like a Fortin or Randall.. Even the latter is much less likely than it used to be.

So yeah, I'm definitely planning on purchasing the second release version of the Axe FX IV.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'm having fun with my FC12 and pedals, now I want another Luke. I already have a Luke II with a plain jane finish, I want a pretty one now. There were some gold ones with a rosewood neck a few years ago I'd gladly buy today. Thomann's stock is not appealing. Artisan Majesties are out of stock now it seems, too. The drama when you have money but shops don't have what you want. Waaah.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
as soon as I'm back from vacations I'll plug it in and let you know. Rev and krankenstein are too expensive to my taster.saw one of each at 1200 euros....no thx
So it will be Randall RH150 and T2HL and soldano mini on a side and krank SST, Crate Stealth and MAT stone head on the other, I bought a second cab for that....
Should I go on that peavey 5150 next ? ;)

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A black EMG single coil most likely. I am wanting one or two of my strats to be SSS. I'm thinking the buttercream Player series would be great, with a white pearloid pick guard as it'll be closer to the inspiration which was the Yngwie Donald Duck which was inspired by the Ritchie Blackmore strat that was aged white, but whatever.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A black EMG single coil most likely. I am wanting one or two of my strats to be SSS. I'm thinking the buttercream Player series would be great, with a white pearloid pick guard as it'll be closer to the inspiration which was the Yngwie Donald Duck which was inspired by the Ritchie Blackmore strat that was aged white, but whatever.
I bought an EMG FT, as there were no SLVs in black on Reverb that were not apart of a set. I wanted something different than the SA/SA/SA I plan to have in my white Player Stratocaster with red pearloid pickguard. I've been digging Blackmore, Malmsteen, SRV, and some Clapton on occasion, so I'd like two guitars with all single coils. I don't really need 6 guitars with humbuckers in the bridge at the moment.

Shask

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I ordered a Fractal X-Load LB-2.

Seems to get pretty good reviews, and it is on sale, so it is a pretty good price currently.

Curious to try the whole reactive load -> reamping thing.

loganflynn294

I don't feel good
Reaction score
Just finished up a Ceriatone Chupacabra build and I’m already itching to build another amp. Got a Wizard MTL clone pcb from Headfirst Amplification a few days ago, gotta start looking into transformers for that. I’ve always used Classictone in the past, not sure what I’m going to go with for this build..

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Just about the nicest Mark IV I've ever seen

AL9nZEVA8KxXuZaKcxJ_WJDn9dhb9STBYjxsMSwr4YPg80bnEL-KVyErB-PZH5p3b-GFpcIqYIVTr7yZxhveTZ8cTY22RXsBrNJMJ2L0Rn-8dREPR1bM1Zqi5GbS4plmPQrgcsM4dvKAN7YAhJHMcs7RBXk9Qg=w1208-h1611-no