What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

The Thing Upstairs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Price has been the main thing keeping me away from them. 699/749 euros is just way too high for a proprietary controller that is effectively a "dumb" box that is capable of sending control messages and receiving data back to populate its displays where the real processing is in the Fractal unit.

Should be getting it start of next week.
Awesome!

Price is one of the reasons I went with the FC6 (and size). I was reluctant to even go with that and first went with a Nektar controller. A very good controller but not as easy to use or solid etc.

Really happy with the FC12 I now have and need to flip my FC6. I saved a bit by going with the MK1 too. I don't need larger scribble strips because I use the same order and I find colour way more useful than scribble strips.

Enjoy your swhen it arrives.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really late to the hype party but got a 7 string pair of Bare Knuckle Aftermaths with battle worn black covers for my Jackson DK7M for a really good price. It currently has a Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat in the bridge and the stock Seymour Duncan Distortion in the neck. I like the Distortion neck but while the Cold Sweat is not bad, it's not really that exciting to me. I felt I needed a bit more midrange, as I love the Nazgul in my other DK7. For the price I got them, I can resell then with no loses if I don't like them, as they seem to be a controversial set, or sell the pickups that where in the guitar and make my money back. So win win ;)!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another 100w power transformer... APD had one 100w power transformer in stock so I grabbed it to swap into the Vai Jose built. This lets me pull the current PT that has the weird wiring and a 15v tap that I don't need for that build and use it for another project I have in mind later. Given how hard it's gotten to get iron I figure it's better to save the PT with the extra tap for a project that needs it.

So pile of boxes arriving over the next couple of days.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
At this point I'm just opening Reverb every day and praying something interesting appears

There was a period of time right before I went on vacation and sold my c1 that there were 2 or 3 interesting pieces or great deals a day and they all sold within a few days

NotAHoarder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
RG7620 or green dot UV

Pickups, bridges and other parts for all (No, ALL!) kinds of projects

So, basically, stuff I don't really need and can't afford. Oh, G.A.S....

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
My next purchase is, I'm going to buy a Fractal FC12 three days ago.
At some point I'll likely buy one of those Tascam thingies soon, the 16 track is out of stock and I don't want "just" an 8 track.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Where can I buy skill?

Really though I need the relief gauge im currently borrowing.

PuriPuriPrisoner

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a UK DSL100 from guitar center and an Engl powerball ii from reverb. The marshall arrived in a box that it did not fit in (bubble wrap literally bulging out from the box) and of course the power tubes popped out and shattered. The powerball arrived today too but it has no output. Oh and on Monday, I also had a 6505+ arrive with the preamp plate ripped out and every preamp tube shattered. I want to die.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I kiiiinda wanna try a DiMarzio Fred. Seems like it's a PAF Pro that's tweaked to sound even better under lots of gain.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh baby.
If you used it, how would you describe it?

It came stock in a guitar I got, wasn't what I was looking for at the time and had something else I wanted to try so didn't really put much time in with it.

Yeah just double checked Fred / Air Norton pair. Now I just need to figure out where the hell I put them :lol: Shoot me a PM if you want the bridge or the pair and I'll find them :lol:

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I kind of want Wampler's mini pedals (Belle ODR1 clone, Moxie TS10 clone, Ratsbane, and Tumnus). Heck if he makes a mini Pantheon you can have a John Mayer overdrive pedal setup.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
SOON

297410478_1081206996106013_3584436321201319333_n.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Things I plan to get:
3x gotoh SD90-MG-T
Relief gauge